shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

9 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Bell and Mack might not have had spectacular seasons even if healthy, but underperforming is a whole different story from getting injured in week 1-2

Yeah I am really pissed at Bell and Mack for not staying healthy and yet still playing poorly like I predicted that they would!

14 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Bell and Mack might not have had spectacular seasons even if healthy, but underperforming is a whole different story from getting injured in week 1-2

Bell is in a terrible offense, terrible scheme, before he left to join the Jets had missed a full season - in his one year with the Jets he was terrible & yes oft injured.  Unsure what he would have "unperformed" against?  Mack was absolutely off my radar - Taylor is going to be a stud & why he was drafted where he was;  not much to "underperform" there either.

You have to take the injury aspect into consideration also when drafting these players in addition to both were in god awful terrible situations.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Bell is in a terrible offense, terrible scheme, before he left to join the Jets had missed a full season - in his one year with the Jets he was terrible & yes oft injured.  Unsure what he would have "unperformed" against?  Mack was absolutely off my radar - Taylor is going to be a stud & why he was drafted where he was;  not much to "underperform" there either.

You have to take the injury aspect into consideration also when drafting these players in addition to both were in god awful terrible situations.

Trust me, I agree with you 100% on your takes for these players. All I was saying is that getting injured (and injured very early in the season) is a lot different from sucking. You cant really say "I told you not to draft them" after they both get hurt in week 1 or week 2. Granted, both guys were not in good situations for their fantasy prospects. By underperforming I moreso meant with respect to their draft cost, not their expectations by savvy players like most of you on here. 

9 hours ago, kwelch said:

Who did you get? Trying to assess his value.

Got Michael Thomas and Tannehill for him and Kelce. Can’t say I feel good about it.

• Thanks 1

traded away james robinson about 2 weeks ago for laviska in dynasty.... not sure how to feel about it now. smh.

16 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

traded away james robinson about 2 weeks ago for laviska in dynasty.... not sure how to feel about it now. smh.

"Bad". You should feel "bad" about it. I'm sorry. 

(to be fair that might work out long term but this might be a loooong season for you)

• Like 1

Here’s my week 3 lineup in one league

QB Minshew

WR Odell

WR Marvin Jones

RB Henderson

RB Dobbins

TE Reed

Flex DJax

K Koo

DEF Cardinals

Hello 0-3, here i come

8 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

QB Minshew

WR Odell

WR Marvin Jones

RB Henderson

RB Dobbins

TE Reed

Flex DJax

K Koo

DEF Cardinals

Hello 0-3, here i come

You can climb out the whole.

I once went 0-5 and barely missed the playoffs, its possible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

QB Minshew

WR Odell

WR Marvin Jones

RB Henderson

RB Dobbins

TE Reed

Flex DJax

K Koo

DEF Cardinals

Hello 0-3, here i come

7 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

You can climb out the whole.

I once went 0-5 and barely missed the playoffs, its possible.

Yes, it's tough but doable.  Last year in one league I started 0-4 and ended up in 3rd place.

Really sucks when you already feel like you're just playing out the season for nothing in WEEK 3. I never fielded a fully healthy team. Lost Golladay for the two games..lost Barkley after week 2, and now Golladay is back but Dionte might have a concussion. Unbelievable

Hmm... starting Shenault over Montgomery and John Brown not looking so stupid right now

• Haha 1

Wk 1 - Flex Edelman over Fuller.  Fuller looks like a stud.  Edelman doesn't even play in 2 wide sets.

Wk 2 - Flex Fuller over Edelman.  Fuller mysterious injury.  Edelman has best yardage game of career.

Wk 3 - Flex Edelman over Fuller.  Fuller healthy again and catches TD.  Edelman's safe PPR floor is devoured by Rex Burkhead.

F.M.L.

• Haha 1

The fantasy football blog on the home page isn’t what it used to be...many scoring plays missing, last week one blurb said something like “Patrick Maholmes connects to his favorite target for 6 points! “ I still don’t know if they were talking about Kelce or Hill. It used to be my go to even before checking my score , but now it’s laggy to update and missing a lot of information. You wouldn’t know what’s going on with the SF game and the running back situation if you checked it now, I feel like it used to declare all touchdowns at a minimum...

Preemptive rant.

Could have started Lockett, Boyd, or Conner at flex. Went with Lockett, so of course the other two guys go off. 

Opponent has Allen Robinson while I have the Atlanta D/ST.

Ugh.

On one team I lost Brown, Sutton, Diontae, DJax, Campbell, Kittle.

Hard to compete 

• Like 1

Drafting Tarik Cohen and trading away Conner thinking Cohen was going to step up this year was...a bad move.

2 minutes ago, ZMan17 said:

Drafting Tarik Cohen and trading away Conner thinking Cohen was going to step up this year was...a bad move.

Looked good once Foles took over, before his knee exploded.