shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

20 hours ago, CluelessJoeJackson said:

Was sitting pretty with my opponent's Kupp not overflowing and Singletary not doing much. Then boom... they both score late TDs. Then I got Kittled last night to make it worse. 

I rolled the dice and started Edelman, Julio, and James White instead of playing it safe with Chark (29), Lamb (24), and Gibson (22). We will see how tonight goes but it doesn't feel good.

Ouch. 

My RBs are now James Conner, Darryl Henderson, and Ronald Jones. I lost Barkley week 2. Traded for Ekeler week 3. Lost Ekeler week 4. Some years you were just not meant to win. Plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

My RBs are now James Conner, Darryl Henderson, and Ronald Jones. I lost Barkley week 2. Traded for Ekeler week 3. Lost Ekeler week 4. Some years you were just not meant to win. Plain and simple.

I’m in the same boat My rb1 is cook, my 2nd and 3rd rbs are Jerick mcckinnon and ron Jones , any backs you picking up off ww? I’m prolly going too need to grab someone this week.

• Like 1

This is for my long time keeper league:

Average weekly score whole league: 121.25

My average weekly score: 124.94

Average weekly score playing vs me: 147.74

My record: 0-4

Haven't gotten this boned in a while.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brye said:

I’m in the same boat My rb1 is cook, my 2nd and 3rd rbs are Jerick mcckinnon and ron Jones , any backs you picking up off ww? I’m prolly going too need to grab someone this week.

I'm gonna put in a FAAB bid for D'earnest Johnson but I'm not going to bid high. There hasn't been any league changers yet this year. Mike Davis was probably the closest and he's got a 4-5 week shelf life. RoJo might surprise as a low-end 2 option. I'm holding out hope.

Just wanna throw this out there, don't know what I'm expecting but I'm hoping this makes some of y'all feel better about your situation.

I have the most points scored in my league and am dead last at 0-4. Also obviously leading the league in points against.

I basically need to go 7-2 to have a shot at the playoffs in a league that I should already be first in. Bright side is I've got the tie breakers locked down.

• Like 1

dropped damien harris sunday morning bc i needed a kicker, should've dropped brian hill instead.. smh. Keep hearing how Gurley looks "indecisive" and "slow" ..

The Titans are trying to bring down my whole team...it's bad enough that I have Henry, but so much worse when I happen to have Juju get taken away last week and now likely Josh Allen this week. Add onto the fact I also have Adams and Mostert hurt...started 2-0 and now about to be 2-3 after rolling out my JV squad again this week 🤦‍♂️

• Like 4

This team is 0-4 and pretty much out of it. Underperforming, injured and points against team. Looked so good on paper post draft.

QB - D.Watson, J.Goff

RB - E.Elliott, A.Jones, J.Kelley, D.Henderson, C.Edmunds, N.Hines, D.Harris, JK Dobbins

WR - K.Golladay, AJ Brown, S.Diggs, T.McLaurin, C.Kirk,M.Pittman, LShenault

TE - H.Hurst, M.Gisecki, D.Goedert

• Like 1

this teams 1-3 with tough inj/byes this week

felt like i killed the draft and trade (traded goff and cousins 4 lock and a jones pre week 1

the lucked into herbert and solid him off for jimmy g

12 teamer

qb lamar

wr julio

wr kenny

wr dk

rb sanders

rb a jones

te andrews

s flex baker

bench- jimmy g, lock, cooks, edmonds, gaskin, mattison,

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like they're in a must-win this week? I'm 3-1, but next week my best player Kamara is on bye along with James White. I'm feeling a lot of pressure, because last year I started 3-0 in this league and finished the year 4-9. I also started 3-0 this year and lost last week. Psychologically, getting a W here would be massive for my ROS confidence,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Anyone else feel like they're in a must-win this week? I'm 3-1, but next week my best player Kamara is on bye along with James White. I'm feeling a lot of pressure, because last year I started 3-0 in this league and finished the year 4-9. I also started 3-0 this year and lost last week. Psychologically, getting a W here would be massive for my ROS confidence,

I feel ya...I started 2-0 and now find myself 2-2 and on the brink of being 2-3, feels like a must win to stop the bleeding. Mainly because I have been without Adams, Mostert, and Henry...and now likely Josh Allen. I need a week where things finally feel normal again and I can have my lineup back! Good luck this week!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I feel ya...I started 2-0 and now find myself 2-2 and on the brink of being 2-3, feels like a must win to stop the bleeding. Mainly because I have been without Adams, Mostert, and Henry...and now likely Josh Allen. I need a week where things finally feel normal again and I can have my lineup back! Good luck this week!

What if I told you, a guy in my league last year started 0-3, got to 1-4 over the next two weeks, then went 8-0 after that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

What if I told you, a guy in my league last year started 0-3, got to 1-4 over the next two weeks, then went 8-0 after that.

This gives me hope, which is all I'm looking for right now. I just need something finally good to happen to make me feel like everything is gonna be OK...which would start with them letting Henry and Allen play this week 🙏🍻

19 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Good news is that even if you lose at 2-3 you're still totally in the mix. It's a week a time thing and always is with this game. Who are you looking at for a Josh Allen replacement?

just a f--- you to sean mcvay to wasting time with darrell henderson last week and giving some bullshit excuse like giants would not let us run the ball. so why not send your fast explosive rb out on screens you ******** moron. Yes i had quite a bit of henderson in dfs #stupidme

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

Good news is that even if you lose at 2-3 you're still totally in the mix. It's a week a time thing and always is with this game. Who are you looking at for a Josh Allen replacement?

Luckily I drafted Watson and was able to get Allen late as my "backup". I'm more worried about my replacement for Henry since I have Mostert who may or may not be ready this week, plus just picked up Damien Harris who also looks questionable if they will play this week...which only leaves me with Latavius Murray.

2 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

just a f--- you to sean mcvay to wasting time with darrell henderson last week and giving some bullshit excuse like giants would not let us run the ball. so why not send your fast explosive rb out on screens you ******** moron. Yes i had quite a bit of henderson in dfs #stupidme

Same bro, and I missed placing by just a few points. If I had swapped Henderson out for Mike Davis would have been a nice week for me 🤮

to be fair i also stupidly stacked mainly seahawks dolphins and avoided cowboys browns thinking both teams would be running focused. #stupidme

9 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

The Titans are trying to bring down my whole team...it's bad enough that I have Henry, but so much worse when I happen to have Juju get taken away last week and now likely Josh Allen this week. Add onto the fact I also have Adams and Mostert hurt...started 2-0 and now about to be 2-3 after rolling out my JV squad again this week 🤦‍♂️

wait  whats going on with josh allen???????!!!!!

Brutal week for me this week. Between injuries, byes, and bad matchups, I feel like the deck is stacked against me this week.  

Aaron Jones on bye, Chubb just got injured, so I'm missing my best two players. Bad timing on the Chubb injury as it means my only option at RB2 this week is Mattison. (Chubb, A.Jones, Gibson, AJ Dillon, Mattison). Terrible timing for bye weeks/injuries so I'm forced to play Mattison. Could pick up somebody but its deep benches and the options out there are atrocious. Instead of running Chubb and Gibson this week as planned, I'm forced to roll out Gibson and Mattison or some waiver wire fodder scrub. 

My QB is Brady who is on a short week on the road at the Chicago defense, and not a single Bucs receiver has even practiced before their game tomorrow. Stafford is my backup and of course hes on bye. So Brady is on a short week vs a good defense and Godwin is out, OJ Howard is out, Evans and Miller both questionable without even practicing, game is tomorrow. I forgot to mention Evans is also my WR1 so he might be out as well, and if he plays hes going to be hobbled and going against a defense that not only hasnt allowed a WR to score a TD but they will also be able to key in on him as he'll be damn near the only WR in a Bucs jersey on game day. 

I mentioned I lost Chubb, what do you know, perfect timing I'm against the Kareem Hunt owner this week.

My opponent has a bad QB situation with Tannehill and Kirk Cousins. Whaddya know, Cousins @ Seattle and the over/under is set at 95 points. Great.

I look up and down my lineup, brutal matchups, bye weeks, injuries. My opponent has dream matchups and handcuffs to my players and others who are in full time roles (Kareem Hunt, Mike Davis, Josh Kelley). 

God, sometimes you just need to vent to people who understand your misfortune. I love you all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

wait  whats going on with josh allen???????!!!!!

Titans/Bills game is in serious jeopardy of getting canceled since the Titans couldn't contain their outbreak. Plan accordingly and have a backup ready if they can't play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Titans/Bills game is in serious jeopardy of getting canceled since the Titans couldn't contain their outbreak. Plan accordingly and have a backup ready if they can't play.

Oof.

Good to know, thanks. I got Daniel Jones stashed and Drew Lock as well. (2QB league) Thanks mate.

Posted (edited)

Trading is near impossible in my primary league.  One team is starting Edmonds/Gaskin at RB this week.  They won't even engage in trade talks 🤷‍♂️.  

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Trading is near impossible in my primary league.  One team is starting Edmonds/Gaskin at RB this week.  They won't even engage in trade talks 🤷‍♂️.  

Same. I can get maybe one trade sealed a year. The other teams I deal with try to trape me and I’m having none of that. The teams that really need to make deals are content with losing. I feel you man! 😩

• Like 1