shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Had to pick a kicker for this week and went with Myers. Ha, Seattle offense doing NOTHING!!! I need some points out of him. 

the TNF, SNF, and MNF games have it gone my way all season so far. My opponents have been killing me there. 

Deleting the ESPN fantasy app after this week. I'm sick of checking my piece of **** 1-4 fantasy team only for it to ruin my mood. I'll check it once a week to make lineup decisions and then ignore it rest of the week

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, atrium said:

Deleting the ESPN fantasy app after this week. I'm sick of checking my piece of **** 1-4 fantasy team only for it to ruin my mood. I'll check it once a week to make lineup decisions and then ignore it rest of the week

Yeah good luck with that 

People acting like they had Claypool in...and not feeling like a squirrel who found a nut in the dead of winter....like they had some plan of this 4 td game

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have CMC, Chubb, Prescott (and Cooper), Godwin, and AJ Brown. Jesus Christ. Still 3-2. Guess it’s Fitz Magic time for me 

• Like 1

With Adams on Bye..i played Scottie Miller over Cooks 

Edited by Jordan23

One of these years I will have a tight end. Incredible. Last year OJ Howard, this year Hurst. So frustrating. And of course I hesitate to pickup guys like Tonyan because Hurst will come around. Uggggggg. 

I'm second in points scored... just dropped to 2-3 because I have the most points against by a country mile.

2 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Frustrating that Cooks yards are going to Mattison now.

Hope you have Mattison for the next couple of games or longer.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Hope you have Mattison for the next couple of games or longer.

are you related to Mattison? Any time anything is mentioned about Dalvin Cook's health you immediately pop up to say "I hope you have Mattison" or "this is why you should have Mattison on your team". Are you like...a third cousin or something?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, yossarian said:

are you related to Mattison? Any time anything is mentioned about Dalvin Cook's health you immediately pop up to say "I hope you have Mattison" or "this is why you should have Mattison on your team". Are you like...a third cousin or something?

I have Mattison...

...and Cook

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm second in points scored... just dropped to 2-3 because I have the most points against by a country mile.

I was 1st in points scored. Dropping to 2-3 as well, for the same reason. And lost Dak tonight.

5-0.  Got a win this week wrapped up.  Have an unstoppable Superflex team.  Top points.  Undefeated.  All is going well - but whenever you have a "stacked" team early in the season I find it falls apart.

And so I lost Dak in a Superflex.

For all the pain of losing a good QB, in a one-QB league it is by far the position at which I'd most prefer to lose a stud player.  But in a 2 QB or Superflex league, it is absolutely brutal.  Dak will be replaced in my lineup by Drew Lock or a non-QB (Gaskin, Fuller, or Mattison perhaps).  This gives you an idea of the fall off.

11 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

5-0.  Got a win this week wrapped up.  Have an unstoppable Superflex team.  Top points.  Undefeated.  All is going well - but whenever you have a "stacked" team early in the season I find it falls apart.

And so I lost Dak in a Superflex.

For all the pain of losing a good QB, in a one-QB league it is by far the position at which I'd most prefer to lose a stud player.  But in a 2 QB or Superflex league, it is absolutely brutal.  Dak will be replaced in my lineup by Drew Lock or a non-QB (Gaskin, Fuller, or Mattison perhaps).  This gives you an idea of the fall off.

feel for you homie.  First year in super flex for me and the guy who just lost Dak is also feeling like his season just ended in the blink of an eye, his QB2 is Burrow and he has no QB3...I had no idea how important QB is in this format till experiencing it.  Hopefully you can go nutty on FAAB to get dalton 

1 minute ago, cheezor42 said:

feel for you homie.  First year in super flex for me and the guy who just lost Dak is also feeling like his season just ended in the blink of an eye, his QB2 is Burrow and he has no QB3...I had no idea how important QB is in this format till experiencing it.  Hopefully you can go nutty on FAAB to get dalton 

My team is good enough (Mahomes; Mixon, Hunt, Taylor, Gaskin, Mattison; Ridley, Diggs, Fuller, Godwin!) that my season is not over, but losing Dak in SF is somewhat similar to losing a player like Zeke or Kamara in a 1-QB league.  It's that big a deal.  I honestly don't know if Dalton is any more valuable than Drew Lock.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

My team is good enough (Mahomes; Mixon, Hunt, Taylor, Gaskin, Mattison; Ridley, Diggs, Fuller, Godwin!) that my season is not over, but losing Dak in SF is somewhat similar to losing a player like Zeke or Kamara in a 1-QB league.  It's that big a deal.  I honestly don't know if Dalton is any more valuable than Drew Lock.

that’s a sick team. I’d rather have dalton but not by any vast margin. Dalton is a capable QB and will have the best situation to put up numbers he’s ever had before.  

Second week in a row I score over 150 and lose while other teams in my league get wins with 115 points. I'm thinking about abandoning my team I'm so pissed off. I'm sick to my stomach.

This year has been strange. So strange in fact that in my league with friends from high school, me and my one buddy who almost always finish in the top 3 every year, are both 0-4. It's taken a lot of bad luck with injuries, cancelled and postponed games, coronavirus, you get the drill. Completely backwards as we're both usually top of the league. Anyway, we're facing each other this week. Obviously it's a must win since we're both 0-4. We both have half our team on IR or a fake bye week due to covid. I dropped Matt Ryan for Kirk Cousins this week based on matchup and this being a must-win situation. I needed 20 more passing yards from Kirk Cousins or if he just didn't throw that incomprehensible interception I would've won. Lost 96-95.04. Now I'm 0-5 and the clown of the league. It feels weird. I don't think I've ever been 0-5 before. I'm literally the league taco.

2 hours ago, Islanderman said:

One of these years I will have a tight end. Incredible. Last year OJ Howard, this year Hurst. So frustrating. And of course I hesitate to pickup guys like Tonyan because Hurst will come around. Uggggggg. 

Same here Hurst is just as good as Hooper so I guess no OTA’s hurt him 

I have a 16 man league I drafted Russ in and then later couldn't pass up the value of Dak a little later on. I finally traded Russ on Friday for incredible value and now Dak goes down today. I go from 2 top 5 QBs to none in like 48 hours. Crazy. All the best wishes for a speedy recovery to Dak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Hope he has Mattisons back up

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, affliction said:

Same here Hurst is just as good as Hooper so I guess no OTA’s hurt him 

Yeah Hurst is really good. He's also been caught up in disaster that is the Atlanta Falcons right now. No direction at all offensively. I hope that changes now but I'm not so sure. I think Matt Ryan might have a couple more decent years left but he needs out of Atlanta and into a different situation and they need to move on from him anyway. If that Colts job would have opened up one year later...Matt Ryan would have been perfect to slide in there.