shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

1 minute ago, Brye said:

Dude seriously get that garbage out of here man, you serious? This isn’t assistant coach forums dude.  I just lost in my 2k buy in money league grand prize 12.5k .... from that Kenyan drake 70 yard td run in garbage time when he should t have even been on the field.  this is VENT AND RANT !!    

I’m here to vent, that team is 1-5 after this week

Just lost by 1.5 points. I had Gallup with those Pi calls in the endzone. He had Cooper and Drake. We get a 3 point bonus at 100 yards rushing then again at 150. So that final run got him 19 points in my league to win. After he needed the Cooper TD also. Unreal. You would think after playing this s---y hobby for 37 years I would have quit by now but keep coming back for more abuse.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Lost cause a young hoe beat me like a b*tch by .5

Dude my opponent had hoe, and drake I want to Chug the full bottle Of kettle one vodka and call out of work tomorrow , someone talk me out of it please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dalton Gang said:

Didn’t see the end of the game but ... Why did the Cards not take a freaking knee?

It was 3rd and 4 with two minutes to go. If they get the 4 yards they would have taken the knee. But it went for a td instead.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Thanks 1

Garbage, garbage week...

Trying to look ahead to next week and realizing I already have no idea who to start at several different spots. Gonna buy a big hat so I can pull names out of it. 

Last year, sitting at 0-5, I thought it was bad luck and **** happens in fantasy football. This year, sitting at 1-5, I’m starting to realize that I just suck dick at this game

• Haha 4

i hate having so much talent and depth and still cant buy a W in one league. just random bad luck and dud games and inj starters last two weeks for my qb2 jimmy g and baker. traded julio and jimmy g 4 ridley day before julio got the all clear because you know hammy issues linger. cant win all ur trades. sat sanders for mattison because smart move vs bal.

Edited by colepenhagen

Just a heads up for anyone interested, the NRL (National Rugby League) grand final is on this weekend for anyone interested. This is the Australian rugby league comp. These are the two best teams in rugby league versing each other so if you want to give this foreign sport a try this is the weekend to do it. Rugby League is a game similar to NFL but played at the pace of the NBA. For more details head to nrl.com

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tenner said:

Just dreadful. In 0.25 PPR I lost in a 12 team league with Derrick Henry putting up 40 points. 

My 3 WRs were OBJ, Cupp, and John Brown. My TE was Tonyan. All 4 of these games the over/under was higher than 50. In every game, the script was passing from behind. 

They combined for 59 ******** yards. WTF 

Omg I won. I won by 0.08 points because Drake went off and my opponents Ravens defense got stat corrected. I cannot believe this happened. I’m in utter shock. Didn’t even stay up to watch the game. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Now sitting at 2-4 with most points scored against

Same record for me and also #1 in points against in my league 

If real life football is won in the trenches, fantasy football is won in the mind...trenches 🤷‍♂️

I'm struggling. I started the season 3-0 thanks largely to Alvin Kamara being incredible, then rested on my laurels and now staring at a 3-3 record thanks to a recent skid. I'm not doing enough to make my team a contender, and the stuff I am doing is too often stuff like listening to hype threads and roto blurbs. It's time to switch my perspective up, focus in on what I can control (waiver pick ups and sound start/sit moves), and take a few risks cause there's not much to lose now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BakedGhost said:

Lost by .56pts because of that Cooper TD.

Now sit at 3-3 with most pts scored.

It's the absolute worst. Probably the biggest luck factor in fantasy is the matchup thing, who you play what weeks and what they do. 

Often evens out through the season but not always. I hope it does for you. I was 2-2 with most points scored by far(and most against) but last 2 weeks I've won. This past week won with a mediocre score too, which feels like the fantasy gods throwing me a bone. 

2 qb league, first pick Saquon, 3rd pick Dak, just traded for miles sanders.. STILL have the most points scored in the league but sitting 3-3 because I play against Tyler higbee on his 3td week and derrick henry/Matt ryan this last week. Still pulling for the championship tho 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:57 AM, FalconSloth said:

Just a heads up for anyone interested, the NRL (National Rugby League) grand final is on this weekend for anyone interested. This is the Australian rugby league comp. These are the two best teams in rugby league versing each other so if you want to give this foreign sport a try this is the weekend to do it. Rugby League is a game similar to NFL but played at the pace of the NBA. For more details head to nrl.com

Richmond in the Rules final coming up too!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, owenmills said:

It's the absolute worst. Probably the biggest luck factor in fantasy is the matchup thing, who you play what weeks and what they do. 

Often evens out through the season but not always. I hope it does for you. I was 2-2 with most points scored by far(and most against) but last 2 weeks I've won. This past week won with a mediocre score too, which feels like the fantasy gods throwing me a bone. 

Yeah, it really does go around and come around, just sometimes it takes years.

I'm second-top scorer in both my proper leagues, second place in one but sitting at fifth and 3-3 in the other. All four guys around me in both leagues have far fewer points-against, like, by a lot. It's very much is what it is, part of the *cough* fun.

• Like 1

So you're telling me Slayton and NYG DST WEREN'T good plays?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So you're telling me Slayton and NYG DST WEREN'T good plays?!

I played NYG defense.

Wentz should have thrown 3 INTs.

Just the way the cookie crumbles man, its sad.

The eagles suck, everyone that lives in poop city philadelphia is a bad person and they should feel bad.

Made a package trade that included getting DEvonta freeman to use next week during my bye week hell and now I likely have no rb2 next week 🤡