Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Needed to come somewhere.

This was going to be a sweet year, built up a team of Saquon, Mixon, Ekeler, MThomas, Sanders.

Also had Ertz as my TE (didn’t love this).

I’ve never played in a L where someone has been this riddled with injuries. we play in a league with 2x RBs and 2x Flexes, so having Saquon, Mixon, Sanders, and Ekeler with MThomas running the show at WR was just going to be a walk to the championship.... right?......

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

The in-game injuries are the worst.  In competitive leagues, they are just a killer because then you take a zero or low score while the opponents players keep right on playing and racking up stats.

• Thanks 1

I own Mixon and Jones....couldnt get Gio because I was #12 on waiver wire after using #2 waiver claim on a dropped Nick Chubb the week before (I own Mixon, A.Jones and JRob) figured why not waste a #2 waiver on a potential league winner....and now...Ive got nothing lol

Jamaal Williams was drafted in my league so yeah. I might be trotting out Jrob and AJ Dillon as my starters.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BakedGhost said:

I own Mixon and Jones....couldnt get Gio because I was #12 on waiver wire after using #2 waiver claim on a dropped Nick Chubb the week before (I own Mixon, A.Jones and JRob) figured why not waste a #2 waiver on a potential league winner....and now...Ive got nothing lol

Jamaal Williams was drafted in my league so yeah. I might be trotting out Jrob and AJ Dillon as my starters.

Well, Chubb might be something. I didn’t draft Willians, I went Dillon. Luckily I picked Williams up before he had his blowup game. I have Mixon on another team but since Gio is useless outside of an injury to Mixon I don’t bother. I was able to pick him up though when the news broke. Is Latavius Murray available? He could be an option.

32 minutes ago, Eazail said:

I traded for Ekeler, M. Thomas, and Mostert. All 3 got hurt soon after I traded for them smfh

Hate that. You get really excited about having them on your team, finally get through negotiations and whatever the veto process is and then...nada

I'm always early to the party but have to leave before curfew, so I end up missing out on talent.

Had Chase Claypool, Fulgham, Tim Patrick all earlier this year rostered but had to cut bait for byes and injuries.  None of them had truly broken out yet.

Had James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo both rostered when Ryquell went out.  Read all the rhetoric about how the Jags suck and the only beneficiary was going to be Chris Thompson.  So I cut bait on both.

Have had Thomas, Sanders, Hooper and now Jones likely go down in the last 24 hours. Between injuries and byes I can't even field a roster this week as of now. 

Between Thomas and Dak what seemed like a promising team has went down the tubes. 

Holy crap. My loaded dynasty team has had to deal with injuries and missed games from Conner, Davante Adams, Golladay, AJ Brown, Cook, Mostert, Michael Thomas, and Kittle. Aaron Jones was just added to the injury report today and is now questionable. Most of my guys have missed multiple weeks yet somehow none of them have been put on IR to allow me to pick up any sort of replacements. I went from an embarrassment of riches to wondering whether or not I'll be able to start a team this weekend and not having the bench space to pick up any sort of replacement because, again, nobody on my team is ever put on IR even though they are missing multiple weeks and IR this season can be for as short as 3 weeks.

I am so so so SO tired of the Michael Thomas saga. If this was a redraft I would've traded him for like...Josh Gordon at this point just to get the satisfaction of getting him off my team. Also Mostert is made of glass and I'm beginning to doubt his value. He might be one of "looks great when he's on the field, can't ever stay on the field" guys. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Holy crap. My loaded dynasty team has had to deal with injuries and missed games from Conner, Davante Adams, Golladay, AJ Brown, Cook, Mostert, Michael Thomas, and Kittle. Aaron Jones was just added to the injury report today and is now questionable. Most of my guys have missed multiple weeks yet somehow none of them have been put on IR to allow me to pick up any sort of replacements. I went from an embarrassment of riches to wondering whether or not I'll be able to start a team this weekend and not having the bench space to pick up any sort of replacement because, again, nobody on my team is ever put on IR even though they are missing multiple weeks and IR this season can be for as short as 3 weeks.

I am so so so SO tired of the Michael Thomas saga. If this was a redraft I would've traded him for like...Josh Gordon at this point just to get the satisfaction of getting him off my team. Also Mostert is made of glass and I'm beginning to doubt his value. He might be one of "looks great when he's on the field, can't ever stay on the field" guys. 

This. Pushed all in with MT, Hopkins, Evans, Dalvin Cook, Aaron Jones, James Conner, and Kittle. 

Literally every single one has had at least nagging injuries this season.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The in-game injuries are the worst.  In competitive leagues, they are just a killer because then you take a zero or low score while the opponents players keep right on playing and racking up stats.

I remember a few years ago there was a start up site that allowed players to swap out players in game that got hurt.  Each position had  60 minutes worth of game time to play and they can be used however the owenr felt best.  I think it was called fantasy unleashed?  Is that still around? 

58 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I remember a few years ago there was a start up site that allowed players to swap out players in game that got hurt.  Each position had  60 minutes worth of game time to play and they can be used however the owenr felt best.  I think it was called fantasy unleashed?  Is that still around? 

Yeah I read about that, too.  But I never heard much more about it.  I am thinking it never really took off.

3 minutes ago, Eazail said:

I have Godwin and Antonio brown just signed with the bucs. What a ****** up Friday for fantasy for me

Godwin will be fine if he can get back healthy.  He's too good not to.

2 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I don’t know, but that sounds ludicrous.

1 minute ago, Jordan Coppington said:

I don’t know, but that sounds ludicrous.

Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't catch on more.  It allowed for a lot of action and overview of owners.  For example, say the RB position has 60 minutes of game time.  If you own Aaron Jones and he is doing nothing through 1Q, but someone on your bench is doing well then you can swap them out but with only 45 minutes left.  Then if Jones starts to pick it back up you can switch Jones in but only with 30 minutes left. 

Or if someone gets hurt right away you can take them out and not get stuck with a 0. 

I think it was pretty expensive though if I remember right which is probably one of the reasons it didn't work.  

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yea i don't think Godwin owners should be too worried.  This isn't going to be the AB of 5-6 years ago.  He probably hurts Gronk's slight resurgence more than anyone. 

I thought I was so cool trading Rojo for Godwin last week. I didnt even NEED a WR. Just thought it was good value

Since then Rojo became an RB1 and Godwin a WR3 all in one week's time

Edited by yanksman
2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Weird take considering he hasn't been good this year without Brown being there. 

6 targets per game when healthy. Pretty bad for a guy who produces with volume. 

42 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Weird take considering he hasn't been good this year without Brown being there. 

6 targets per game when healthy. Pretty bad for a guy who produces with volume. 

Godwin has not been healthy yet this year.  Put away your stat book and watch some games.

53 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Godwin has not been healthy yet this year.  Put away your stat book and watch some games.

Same could be said of Evans. Not sure we know what this offense is going to look like when everyone is healthy, but I don't know how you can feel comfortable relying on any of the pass catchers to produce consistently.

8 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't catch on more.  It allowed for a lot of action and overview of owners.  For example, say the RB position has 60 minutes of game time.  If you own Aaron Jones and he is doing nothing through 1Q, but someone on your bench is doing well then you can swap them out but with only 45 minutes left.  Then if Jones starts to pick it back up you can switch Jones in but only with 30 minutes left. 

Or if someone gets hurt right away you can take them out and not get stuck with a 0. 

I think it was pretty expensive though if I remember right which is probably one of the reasons it didn't work.  

It sounds idiotic.  So why not just swap out each player as the team approaches the red zone?  This would completely benefit managers that had 10 hours every Sunday to sit in front of the tv watching football.  Which I had when I was a young lad with no responsibilities.  But can't do that now, much as I want to.

I'm annoyed still at stupid Boston Scott.  I had him week 1 and he did nothing.  Cut him.  Then watch him score that last second TD for my opponent and now I've been stewing and having to stare at that 18 until Sunday.

• Like 2