shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Needed to come somewhere.

This was going to be a sweet year, built up a team of Saquon, Mixon, Ekeler, MThomas, Sanders.

Also had Ertz as my TE (didn’t love this).

I’ve never played in a L where someone has been this riddled with injuries. we play in a league with 2x RBs and 2x Flexes, so having Saquon, Mixon, Sanders, and Ekeler with MThomas running the show at WR was just going to be a walk to the championship.... right?......

• Like 1

The in-game injuries are the worst.  In competitive leagues, they are just a killer because then you take a zero or low score while the opponents players keep right on playing and racking up stats.

• Thanks 1

I own Mixon and Jones....couldnt get Gio because I was #12 on waiver wire after using #2 waiver claim on a dropped Nick Chubb the week before (I own Mixon, A.Jones and JRob) figured why not waste a #2 waiver on a potential league winner....and now...Ive got nothing lol

Jamaal Williams was drafted in my league so yeah. I might be trotting out Jrob and AJ Dillon as my starters.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BakedGhost said:

I own Mixon and Jones....couldnt get Gio because I was #12 on waiver wire after using #2 waiver claim on a dropped Nick Chubb the week before (I own Mixon, A.Jones and JRob) figured why not waste a #2 waiver on a potential league winner....and now...Ive got nothing lol

Jamaal Williams was drafted in my league so yeah. I might be trotting out Jrob and AJ Dillon as my starters.

Well, Chubb might be something. I didn’t draft Willians, I went Dillon. Luckily I picked Williams up before he had his blowup game. I have Mixon on another team but since Gio is useless outside of an injury to Mixon I don’t bother. I was able to pick him up though when the news broke. Is Latavius Murray available? He could be an option.

I traded for Ekeler, M. Thomas, and Mostert. All 3 got hurt soon after I traded for them smfh

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eazail said:

I traded for Ekeler, M. Thomas, and Mostert. All 3 got hurt soon after I traded for them smfh

Hate that. You get really excited about having them on your team, finally get through negotiations and whatever the veto process is and then...nada

I'm always early to the party but have to leave before curfew, so I end up missing out on talent.

Had Chase Claypool, Fulgham, Tim Patrick all earlier this year rostered but had to cut bait for byes and injuries.  None of them had truly broken out yet.

Had James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo both rostered when Ryquell went out.  Read all the rhetoric about how the Jags suck and the only beneficiary was going to be Chris Thompson.  So I cut bait on both.

Have had Thomas, Sanders, Hooper and now Jones likely go down in the last 24 hours. Between injuries and byes I can't even field a roster this week as of now. 

Between Thomas and Dak what seemed like a promising team has went down the tubes. 

I have Sanders, Mixon, Chubb, Goedert and Michael Thomas out for me this week. This is ridiculous

My opponent picked up J. Williams Wednesday and put him in his starting line up. Today A. Jones gets injured and might miss the game smfh