Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

16 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Hate that. You get really excited about having them on your team, finally get through negotiations and whatever the veto process is and then...nada

Try to get rid of the veto process, teams should be able to run their teams the way they want. Commish should only get involved if it's obvious collusion.Once a team is mathematically eliminated, that team can no longer trade(redraft).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

Here’s one thing this year. It’s confirmation bias, obviously, but damn does it seem like your oppo each week gets to just pick their team while you end up scrambling. This week - I pick up Gronk to cover Andrews and he immediately get a Q (although fortunately it was nothing). Godwin Q too (although that’s expected). Then the Aaron Jones injury so I have to drop somebody to pick up Jamaal. Then the Woods injury.

Then I look at the team I’m up against. Ryan, Diggs, Claypool, CEH, Carson, Hockenson, Hunt, Adams. Probably the first week this season (ever?) that you’d have Carson, Hockenson, Hunt and Adams without a Q next to their name at some point.

Like I say, clearly confirmation bias, but damn.

Lost last week by less than a point because Dalton Schultz caught his last pass right before halftime. Dude didn’t catch another pass all game. It’s like the ginger knew to throw it just one more time to Schultz. What a masshole.

My opponent was starting Williams already before the Jones injury! Of course this happens and now Williams has his best week vs me smfh. Another team dropped Kelly I tried to get him but my opponent got him. You can't make this up

• Like 2

Barkley, McCaffrey, Chubb, Mostert, Cook, now Aaron Jones? Add to that an extremely disappointing rookie class? I stepped on every mine possible this year.

I know we’ve all had our “I quit” moments which we all know aren’t real, but with Aaron Jones as last straw, this time I’ve really been pushed past the point of caring as an act of self preservation. I’ll still keep fighting, but all of the emotional and financial investments have been internally unplugged.

Care to join? Repeat after me: The money is gone. Your teams...will not be winning a cartoon trophy...Christmas...will still happen...just without as many toys...and maybe you buy a handle of Johnnie Red instead of the Macallan 18 year...

Edited by Proteus
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Barkley, McCaffrey, Chubb, Mostert, Cook, now Aaron Jones? Add to that an extremely disappointing rookie class? I stepped on every mine possible this year.

I know we’ve all had our “I quit” moments which we all know aren’t real, but with Aaron Jones as last straw, this time I’ve really been pushed past the point of caring as an act of self preservation. I’ll still keep fighting, but all of the emotional and financial investments have been internally unplugged.

Care to join? Repeat after me: The money is gone. Your teams...will not be winning a cartoon trophy...Christmas...will still happen...just without as many toys...and maybe you buy a handle of Johnnie Red instead of the Macallan 18 year...

My Bourbon winnings have nearly gone, and I still haven't opened the Four Peel Gin because the summer got COVIDed.

Sometimes you just have to raise a glass to Fate. I just thank goodness that last year's win has probably bought me a couple of years of serenity in the face of adversity.

Here's what's grinding my gears right now. I have two leagues I really enjoy. One's designed to encourage trades, and most people are super-engaged. The other is a 10-teamer where people don't trade because there's usually something nice on the wire. The trading one I didn't like the draft and got screwed by injuries, yet trading got me up to a really good team with a chance. The non-trading one my draft was good, but a drip-drip of injuries has gradually whittled the team down to mediocrity, and nobody wants a trade unless it's hugely favorable to them.

Trading is the lifeblood of FF, and it's never been clearer to me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

My Bourbon winnings have nearly gone, and I still haven't opened the Four Peel Gin because the summer got COVIDed.

Sometimes you just have to raise a glass to Fate. I just thank goodness that last year's win has probably bought me a couple of years of serenity in the face of adversity.

Here's what's grinding my gears right now. I have two leagues I really enjoy. One's designed to encourage trades, and most people are super-engaged. The other is a 10-teamer where people don't trade because there's usually something nice on the wire. The trading one I didn't like the draft and got screwed by injuries, yet trading got me up to a really good team with a chance. The non-trading one my draft was good, but a drip-drip of injuries has gradually whittled the team down to mediocrity, and nobody wants a trade unless it's hugely favorable to them.

Trading is the lifeblood of FF, and it's never been clearer to me.

Yeah about that.

After McCaffrey went down I took a chance and traded him.

For Nick Chubb.

Raise a glass to fate? I’m in.

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Yeah about that.

After McCaffrey went down I took a chance and traded him.

For Nick Chubb.

Raise a glass to fate? I’m in.

I won't tell you who I'm trying to trade for Chubb right now 😁.

Some years you just try to have fun with the little things, knowing that the big things suck balls.

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

MRI revealed a hamstring strain for MT. I'm glad we got some clarity, but holy balls, what a season from hell for this dude. 

It's crazy, as I was looking at the 2nd tier of RBs available in the 1st round I considered just taking Thomas instead, because you know elite WRs are much safer than RBs...

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

nothing like watching DJ Moore do nothing all year.. until i face him... unf*@%king real

This ^^^... every week I go against a team with an underachieving talent that somehow heard he would specifically screw me over if he actually decided to live up to potential and do his job. Moore has had flippers for hands all year and then today right off the bat he puts that hurt on me. Ha.

Every freaking week man. A guy in my lineup gets hurt every freaking week. And not in the second half but immediately. Odell today first damn play, Jonnu last week first quarter And Diontae Johnson a few weeks ago. That’s three goose eggs this year due to early injuries. Drives me up a well. Of course DJ is on blowing up on my bench right now. 

• Like 1