shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Was up a crap ton. May lose this week after scoring a good amount of points thanks to Tyler Lockett having one of his crazy nights. 

im in an IDP league, and of course Budda baker has an INT and runs it back 95 yards or so. Unreal. Come on Arizona defense please

McKinnon, Chark and now Kirk.

I hate my life.

3 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Another awful weak from my team. Really ruins my mood for the rest of the day. People might say why I take fantasy football so seriously when it is just a game. They don't seem to understand this "game" is a 24/7 job to me.

Extra credit for referring to your week as a “weak.”

Stealing that.

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

Had to choose between Golladay, McLaurin, and AJ Brown today. I chose Golladay due to the "awesome matchup". I think I'm done with any players that have anything to do with this backwards offense. They call plays and give touches to players like they hate scoring points. I just don't get it. I want off this ride.

Golladay had a great game. It just so happened the other guys did better. Those are some great WRs to choose from.

16 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I QUIT!  2020 absolutely sucks & it’s been the last straw for me playing this game the same way we did 15 years ago. The league I run is on hiatus this year, but everyone has agreed to expand rosters & starting lineups to reward depth & eliminate the luck factor. I know I can’t wait for it.  
Waited for Crowder, Bell, & Lindsay after early injuries. Waited for Julio for a couple of weeks after a buy-low trade. Picked up Deebo & waited for him to get healthy. Lost Dak, had to add Dalton. Bought low on Thomas on a Tuesday morning, he (allegedly) strains his hammy in his 1st practice Wednesday. Now today lost Dalton, Lindsay (again) & Deebo (again). My enthusiasm for this crap is about gone 🤷🏻‍♂️

My favorite vents are always the I quit ones....they always hit closest to home.

PIT DST only 2 points...Hyde stole a TD from Carson just now.  I am only projected 193 points now!  I am only projected to win 193 - 87!  I wanted that 200 mark (not yet achieved by any team this year), probably won't hit it now!  Come on man!  But shout out to Rodgers, Adams, Moore, Allen, Hunt, Hurst, and Swift for the big games.

Lost to the worst team in my league, thanks to me starting complete duds like McKinnon, OBJ, and J. Smith. Somehow I am 4-3 even though I am the lowest scoring team by far. 

I'm hanging on by an 11 point lead going against the Rams D tomorrow...the end of the Atlanta game screwed me over so badly. The Falcons needed to just take a knee and set themselves up for a game winning FG. I had Koo and my opponent had Gurley, so naturally they decide to be dumb and Gurley gets the TD instead of me getting the easy FG, which is a 9 point swing in our matchup and could very well be the difference maker. Falcons would have won in real life too if they did that. Worst part is that I scored 150 this week and might lose...second most points scored in our league this year and might be 3-4. First time in my life I'll be cheering for the Bears tomorrow night!

Edited by GoPackGo23

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Mike Evans and Michael Thomas. 

I'm done with WRs named Michael.

Dropped Michael Gallup this week...

17 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

PIT DST only 2 points...Hyde stole a TD from Carson just now.  I am only projected 193 points now!  I am only projected to win 193 - 87!  I wanted that 200 mark (not yet achieved by any team this year), probably won't hit it now!  Come on man!  But shout out to Rodgers, Adams, Moore, Allen, Hunt, Hurst, and Swift for the big games.

Get Out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

Lost to the worst team in my league, thanks to me starting complete duds like McKinnon, OBJ, and J. Smith. Somehow I am 4-3 even though I am the lowest scoring team by far. 

Doesn't that make YOU the worst team in your league?

• Haha 3

Was up 50 and already doing the mental standings update to see where I'd end up, and of course now watching Locket blow up.  And there's still a second half to go...

I'm 1-5. Started Cam Newton at QB today.

Currently losing 105.54 - 103.52

I've got Carson going tonight, and Allen Robinson and Rams D/ST tomorrow. He's got Kyler going tonight.

Just found out that Carson is questionable to return.

Was projected to win by 20+ before the game started. Now I'm fully expecting to ******** lose cause that's how things are going for me in 2020

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Doesn't that make YOU the worst team in your league?

Scoring wise I guess so lol, my opponent this week was 1-5 and the next lowest scoring team in my 12 teamer. 

Benched Lockett for Claypool in my flex.  Wanted to see one game of the splits w Metcalf after the bye and the combined nine targets in wks 4/5 scared me off of him this week.  

Edited by Mr Rourke
spelling

Played Drake over James Robinson thinking the high scoring of tonight’s game would be the possible difference.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, leffe186 said:

Just going to update this every week with the latest WR to bite the dust. It was Chark this week. Only man left is OBJ, who I traded away Mark Andrews for.

So...yeah.

This is a 14-teamer with just a 4-man bench, so trading is everything - there's not much on the wire, and you have to chop and change for bye weeks etc.

1. Drafted Sutton (IR) and Chark (thankfully only missed that one week).

2. Picked up Bryan Edwards, then Parris Campbell to replace Sutton - Edwards got injured, Campbell got IR'd. 

3. Picked up Desean Jackson to replace Campbell - got injured first game.

4. Picked up Allen Lazard to replace Desean Jackson - got IR'd before I could even play him.

5. Traded for OBJ to replace Allen Lazard - and here we are.

(Not to mention drafting Jarwin, then replacing him with Goedert)

Never seen anything like it before. We're only in week 7. The WRs left on the wire are just...awful...and I'm losing the will to live, much like my WRs. WRs on my team are like drummers for Spinal Tap.

My first three picks were Mixon, Drake, and Evans and I'm 7-0. AMA.

Wow just saw before this game I was 98% to win, but my opponent has Lockett, Kirk, and Baker (IDP). Now I’m at 15% going into tomorrow.

epic!