shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Anyone else gonna lose their week cause they started the corpse of Cam Newton?

47 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

My first three picks were Mixon, Drake, and Evans and I'm 7-0. AMA.

Q: Why are you bragging about your team in the Vent & Rant Thread?

• Like 2

Was up by 40 with DK left going against Russ and Kupp..what a terrible beat with DK DOING NOTHING 

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I QUIT!  2020 absolutely sucks & it’s been the last straw for me playing this game the same way we did 15 years ago. The league I run is on hiatus this year, but everyone has agreed to expand rosters & starting lineups to reward depth & eliminate the luck factor. I know I can’t wait for it.  
Waited for Crowder, Bell, & Lindsay after early injuries. Waited for Julio for a couple of weeks after a buy-low trade. Picked up Deebo & waited for him to get healthy. Lost Dak, had to add Dalton. Bought low on Thomas on a Tuesday morning, he (allegedly) strains his hammy in his 1st practice Wednesday. Now today lost Dalton, Lindsay (again) & Deebo (again). My enthusiasm for this crap is about gone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Add the Drake injury to my list of prizes today 🤨

After starting 4-0 ...DK doing nothing is about to hand me my 3rd straight loss to a team that started Boston Scott Gio Bernard Logan Thomas and H.Bryant built his team on the waiver wire this week..  and i watch Metcalf Chark and Zeke Elliott combine for 11pts..  I QUIT this game is all luck.. 

• Like 2

Was offered my pick of Tyler lockett or Godwin for Ronald Jones this week. I declined...

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

So...yeah.

This is a 14-teamer with just a 4-man bench, so trading is everything - there's not much on the wire, and you have to chop and change for bye weeks etc.

1. Drafted Sutton (IR) and Chark (thankfully only missed that one week).

2. Picked up Bryan Edwards, then Parris Campbell to replace Sutton - Edwards got injured, Campbell got IR'd. 

3. Picked up Desean Jackson to replace Campbell - got injured first game.

4. Picked up Allen Lazard to replace Desean Jackson - got IR'd before I could even play him.

5. Traded for OBJ to replace Allen Lazard - and here we are.

(Not to mention drafting Jarwin, then replacing him with Goedert)

Never seen anything like it before. We're only in week 7. The WRs left on the wire are just...awful...and I'm losing the will to live, much like my WRs. WRs on my team are like drummers for Spinal Tap.

this is absolutely brutal. please don't acquire anybody on my team. 

45 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Wow just saw before this game I was 98% to win, but my opponent has Lockett, Kirk, and Baker (IDP). Now I’m at 15% going into tomorrow.

epic!

In one game I went from 98% to 4%!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yossarian said:

this is absolutely brutal. please don't acquire anybody on my team. 

Just a heads-up, right now I have Chark, Beasley and Ruggs at WR. Spent all my FAAB on the crocks, so I'm going to be picking through the trash after waivers. I'll let you know who's next on the list so you can steer clear.

In dynasty this offseason, I traded AJ Brown, Terry McLaurin and some picks for Michael Thomas, Mike Evans and some depth guys. 

So, that'll haunt me for the next 15 years.

Got a head start with my Wentz against his Freeman on Thursday. But like a chess game where you lose your queen you saw his team sneaking up. And the Mortal Kombat Finisher move was his Wilson/Lockett stack.

6OabTHN.gif

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

Got a head start with my Wentz against his Freeman on Thursday. But like a chess game where you lose your queen you saw his team sneaking up. And the Mortal Kombat Finisher move was his Wilson/Lockett stack.

6OabTHN.gif

"OUTSTANDING!"

My team of Saquon, Michael Thomas, Ekeler, Mixon, Sanders, and Ertz also had Odell....

Now that OBJ is out for the year, my WR's are reduced to Julio, Beasley, Aiyuk, and Mr. One Catch Hilton. I dropped Kirk early in the season when wh was injured and doing nothing. I will struggle to put up 100 half ppr points ros, ugh...

Edited by kretan182

Scored 190 points and will end up losing by 2 points.  While everyone else in my league, the highest score was 125.  Because that's fantasy.

20 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

im going up against Terry Mclaurin  Dionte johnson and DJ moore..  i hate this game..  these guys have been hurt or MIA alllll year!!!

McLaurin is WR13.  Been balling all year.  Just saying. 

Other two - correct. 

After doing almost nothing for several weeks while DK Metcalf went off, Tyler Lockett was on my bench. As was D.Swift.

J.Jacobs and C. Carson, who were in my lineup did not exactly light it up this week either. J Conner could have had a big week. Penalties and dropped TD passes didn't help.

The other part of the vent is that I'm going up against J.Burrow, A. Gibson, A.J. Brown and Logan Thomas this week.

Hopefully week 8 goes better.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Scored 190 points and will end up losing by 2 points.  While everyone else in my league, the highest score was 125.  Because that's fantasy.

We started playing two opponents each week to get around this. So you would 1-1 instead of 0-1 this week. Been doing it for several years and it takes the sting out of having a great week and not having anything to show for it.

Am I the only one who gets no production from players (Carson) that get hurt while the other guys in my league get 15-20 pts before their player leaves the game? Fml.

Edited by FUM
Because I’m a perfectionist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FUM said:

Am I the only one who gets no production from players (Carson) that get hurt while the other guys in my league get 15-20 pts before their player leaves the game? Fml.

Nope.. been feeling this all year. I had Diontae Johnson when he got hurt first quarter.. goose egg. Jonnu last week hurt first quarter.. 1 point. And Odell this week (with Diontae on my bench!)... hurt on the first play and a goose egg. It never fails. Also to add.. I had an 80 point lead going into the Sunday night game and went against Lockett. Now I'll be on edge all night since he has Montgomery, Graham and the Rams D tonight. I've pretty much accepted I'm going to lose even though I'm at 152 points and the next highest scorer is 128. But that is fantasy football I suppose. 

• Like 1