shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

6 hours ago, FUM said:

Am I the only one who gets no production from players (Carson) that get hurt while the other guys in my league get 15-20 pts before their player leaves the game? Fml.

Depends if you had OBJ too. Because he actually gave no production.

I had 4 key decisions to make this week.  Start Wentz Thursday or Brees Sunday.  Sat Wentz Thursday.

Sunday play Brees or trade for Big Ben, made the trade.  

Play both Chargers RBs as only other option was to play McKinnon, but I played McKinnon.

Play Eagles defense or Washington.  Picked the Eagles.

Lost by 5 points.  If I did any of the 4 correctly I win the week.  ALL 4 wrong.

• Like 3

Man I was swamped last week and didn’t realize someone cut mostert in my league last waiver period.(ten team no ir spots and position limits 🙃) I have three wrs on bye this week but looks like I gotta hope my top claim gets him instead. I’m the 7th claim so not that hopeful though😭

edit: in case this isn’t bad enough to vent. Same league I cut Edmonds due to the stupid limit and byes(still hate myself )

Edited by jgardner12

I haven’t posted in this thread despite losing by 1 point last week and having 2 players not finish the game.

This week lost by 2 and had Odell go out on the first drive with a 0 and Drake not finish.

Only 1 week has my team finished a game where no one goes out. So...

f--- f--- f--- f--- f--- f--- f--- f--- YOU AND YOU AND f--- THIS ENTIRE ******** GAME YOU ******** BULL**** USELESS ******** DEPRESSION INDUCING GAME. f--- YOU. f---. YOU. W****. 

Thanks for attending my Ted talk. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

Driving back from Lowes Sunday just before the 4:25 games. Been umming and ahhing about Justin Jackson for a while, then a couple of messages come through in my league and I just decide I can't be dealing with the worry any more and put Chark in instead. Chark gets 3.10pts, Jackson 8pts, would have had 4.90pts more.

Just lost by 4.86pts.

f--- off.

• Like 3

Scored 187 in PPR 3 WR and a flex and lost to the only team that would’ve beat me for the week (12 team) scored 207. Burrow, Adams, lockett. Goodnight. 

Have to decide whether to start Foles at SF next, or just put in some random extra flex WR/RB.

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Have to decide whether to start Foles at SF next, or just put in some random extra flex WR/RB.

Does SF mean the 49ers, or superflex? (I know the Bears don't play the Niners this year)

10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Scored 187 in PPR 3 WR and a flex and lost to the only team that would’ve beat me for the week (12 team) scored 207. Burrow, Adams, lockett. Goodnight. 

Same here 

THIS ******** SEASON IS VEXXING AS ****. DID NOT GET HIT WITH INJURIES. DID NOT GET HIT WITH DRAFTING POORLY. JUST REPEATEDLY RUN MYSELF INTO THE HIGHEST ******** SCORING TEAM EVERY LEAGUE AND AS A RESULT IM 2-5 ******** FIVE WHILE RUNNING ABOVE AVERAGE IN POINTS FOR AND LEADING THE LEAGUE IN POINTS AGAINST BY 200 PTS EASY.; SERIOUSLY f--- THIS GAME. LITERALLY THE TYPE OF **** THAT MAKES ME NEVER WANT TO PLAY THIS AGAIN. LIKE FOR f---'S SAKE, LUCK KNOWS IT CAN BREAK MY WAY MY WAY AND NOT AGAINST ME EVERY WEEK RIGHT?

/endrant

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Ouch

24 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Does SF mean the 49ers, or superflex? (I know the Bears don't play the Niners this year)

Super Flex. Bears at home against the Saints next week. 

• Like 1

I'm about done with this game...just lost by 0.1 because of the Rams D. I scored 150 this week and still lost, dropping to 3-4 and likely missing playoffs with the most points scored in our entire league for the year. Look at this lineup (10 team), and imagine missing the playoffs with this team:

QB: Watson, Tannehill

RB: Henry, CEH, Mostert, Gio

WR: Adams, Ridley, Diggs, Higgins

TE: Jonnu

26 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Same here 

THIS ******** SEASON IS VEXXING AS ****. DID NOT GET HIT WITH INJURIES. DID NOT GET HIT WITH DRAFTING POORLY. JUST REPEATEDLY RUN MYSELF INTO THE HIGHEST ******** SCORING TEAM EVERY LEAGUE AND AS A RESULT IM 2-5 ******** FIVE WHILE RUNNING ABOVE AVERAGE IN POINTS FOR AND LEADING THE LEAGUE IN POINTS AGAINST BY 200 PTS EASY.; SERIOUSLY f--- THIS GAME. LITERALLY THE TYPE OF **** THAT MAKES ME NEVER WANT TO PLAY THIS AGAIN. LIKE FOR f---'S SAKE, LUCK KNOWS IT CAN BREAK MY WAY MY WAY AND NOT AGAINST ME EVERY WEEK RIGHT?

/endrant

right there with you man...I feel every ounce of your pain right now. I lead my league in total points and I'm 3-4. Every week my opponent decides to have their best game of the season against me and I've lose 3 games already scoring over 140.

6 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

right there with you man...I feel every ounce of your pain right now. I lead my league in total points and I'm 3-4. Every week my opponent decides to have their best game of the season against me and I've lose 3 games already scoring over 140.

Tell your league to switch to all-play. It's superior to head-to-head in every way. It's more fair, more exciting, and makes more sense. 

14 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Tell your league to switch to all-play. It's superior to head-to-head in every way. It's more fair, more exciting, and makes more sense. 

All valid points, except everyone in my league enjoys watching people get screwed over and that's what makes it "interesting". I just can't take it anymore...top to bottm I literally have players ranked inside the top 5 at every single position...yet it doesn't even matter because the teams with crappy players magically turn into the juggernauts of the league for one week when they play me.

6 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

All valid points, except everyone in my league enjoys watching people get screwed over and that's what makes it "interesting". I just can't take it anymore...top to bottm I literally have players ranked inside the top 5 at every single position...yet it doesn't even matter because the teams with crappy players magically turn into the juggernauts of the league for one week when they play me.

You can still get screwed over in all play. In fact, now every other team can potentially screw you over, not just the one randomly selected team that you're playing "against".

Lost by 70 this week dropped down to 4-3 

next week i have Cooks Chark both on byes 

Michael Thomas still injured and tonight Allen Robinson may have suffered a concussion. 

Think it’s safe to assume I’ll be 4-4 this weekend. 
playing the first place team 🤦🏽‍♂️

oh did i mention i have mixon smh 

keep me in your prayers 

36 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I do this in my 8 team league. We start 15 players including 2 qbs so deeper then a 12 teamer basically. So play 7 games per week. It still screws you over when guys leave early in games. 2 weeks ago I had K. Allen leave in the 1st quarter, Cook having a monster game leave one play into the 2nd half and pne more guy I cant remember as I type this. It would have been an easy 7-0 week for me yet I went 2-5. Still very frustrating. But I still like it better then single h2h since if I score the 2nd most points of the week I go 6-1 instead of being punished with a 0-1 for facing the one guy that could beat me.

This system is more boring on a sunday with all gams going. But I find it much more fun with so many games up in the air for snf/mnf....Plus much more fair.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Thanks 1

Not me, but someone in my league is the highest scoring team but has only won one game so far this season.  She hasn’t been hit with the injury bug or made the wrong start sit decisions. Every team just goes off against hers. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

that's 400 yards and 5 touchdowns just from his WRs. Ouch.

This is both a Vent & Rant but also kind of a "Cool Story".  I won my matchup this week by a huge margin as I had my best week of the season - which is great (CSB).  But, I won against a guy who didn't set his lineup and had multiple players either on bye or out.  It kind of feels like a wasted performance.  I could have easily won when I had my worst week.  I know I really shouldn't complain because a win is a win but, it's a more enjoyable when you beat a team that is good or actually tried.

Was leading 143.78 to 135.48, opponent had Bears D left. So basically all under 9 points gives me the win. Well, looking great till bobby trees fumbles in late 4th, lost the Game by .7 🤬🤬🤬 

in this league i‘m now 1-6 and the high scoring team with average 133 ppr points for and 144 ppr points againts. Cant believe this 

• Like 1

I was up 40 points in a 0.5 ppr... going into SNF

then the Lockett show happened. IDP Buddha Baker almost had a return TD. I ended up losing by 28 points

went against Herbert as well. Disastrous week for me. I scored the 3rd most points in a 16 team league and lost. 

• Like 1

Lost by 0.3 to the 0-6 team on the second last play of the game on the Rams sack. Now I'm 2-5 instead of 3-4 and have 4th most points in the league. Brutal.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 1