shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

8 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm about done with this game...just lost by 0.1 because of the Rams D. I scored 150 this week and still lost, dropping to 3-4 and likely missing playoffs with the most points scored in our entire league for the year. Look at this lineup (10 team), and imagine missing the playoffs with this team:

QB: Watson, Tannehill

RB: Henry, CEH, Mostert, Gio

WR: Adams, Ridley, Diggs, Higgins

TE: Jonnu

You're out of the playoffs at 3-4 with a good team?

13 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

You're out of the playoffs at 3-4 with a good team?

...and with the most points scored, so presumably in a great position for tie-breakers?

8 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm about done with this game...just lost by 0.1 because of the Rams D. I scored 150 this week and still lost, dropping to 3-4 and likely missing playoffs with the most points scored in our entire league for the year. Look at this lineup (10 team), and imagine missing the playoffs with this team:

QB: Watson, Tannehill

RB: Henry, CEH, Mostert, Gio

WR: Adams, Ridley, Diggs, Higgins

TE: Jonnu

Implement the 2 wins per week format. One win for H2H vs your opponent and one win for top half scorer. Go back and tally what everyone’s records would be because if you have the most points scored, you’d probably be sitting somewhere in the top half of standings. Wonderful way to help eliminate some of the luck factor. 

• Like 1

I can’t catch a break man. Sitting at 2-5 with the 2nd most points scored with the 1st most points scored against. 

I’ll be without Hopkins, Mixon, CMC, Godwin, and J Robinson this week. These injuries have been brutal. Anyone wanna take a guess at my starting lineup? 😂

• Like 1

My receivers were great a few weeks ago.  Ridley, Godwin, ARob, Parker and Anderson.  Since then had to trade Ridley to get Cook, now Godwin hurt, ARob hurt, Parker hurt.  Left with Robby Anderson, guy I got off waivers.  

League 1 - all my WRs are dead. Not a lot I can do there in a 14-teamer. I have Cole Beasley and Henry Ruggs as my WR1 & WR2 this week.

League 2 - one trade I made early on may have completely ruined my season. I really wanted Godwin, and Fuller had just had that s---y week. I knew it was a risk, but I had Moss and traded JRob and Fuller for Godwin and Singletary. At the time it was a fair deal. Right now it's an absolute disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My whole bench is injured or on bye. With the surprise Godwin injury I'm now at a disadvantage. Starting 8 vs 9. So ****** this week smfh

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

I can’t catch a break man. Sitting at 2-5 with the 2nd most points scored with the 1st most points scored against. 

I’ll be without Hopkins, Mixon, CMC, Godwin, and J Robinson this week. These injuries have been brutal. Anyone wanna take a guess at my starting lineup? 😂

I'm first in points and 8th place out of 12 teams. Luckily I'm 3-4, not 2-5.

I really hate playing in leagues where everyone stashes a backup QB, mostly because it throws a wrench in my QB streaming plans lol.

Like if you own Mahomes or Lamar in a 10 team league, you do not need Burrow or Wentz stashed on your bench. For f---'s sake.

Edited by atrium

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

League 1 - all my WRs are dead. Not a lot I can do there in a 14-teamer. I have Cole Beasley and Henry Ruggs as my WR1 & WR2 this week.

League 2 - one trade I made early on may have completely ruined my season. I really wanted Godwin, and Fuller had just had that s---y week. I knew it was a risk, but I had Moss and traded JRob and Fuller for Godwin and Singletary. At the time it was a fair deal. Right now it's an absolute disaster.

I see so many more people regret trades than actually benefit from them

2 minutes ago, dsrich said:

I see so many more people regret trades than actually benefit from them

I regret about 80% of the trades I make. They almost never work out and every year I say "no more trades" and every year I continue to make trades.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eazail said:

My whole bench is injured or on bye. With the surprise Godwin injury I'm now at a disadvantage. Starting 8 vs 9. So ****** this week smfh

I'll say... I thought Andrew Luck retired! And CJ Anderson & Arian Foster... when did they come back? Maybe you can trade Davante Adams on your bench for some help?

1 minute ago, Prezkot said:

I'll say... I thought Andrew Luck retired! And CJ Anderson & Arian Foster... when did they come back? Maybe you can trade Davante Adams on your bench for some help?

Wait do I have a signature? That's old as dirt. My team is different now Lmao 

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I regret about 80% of the trades I make. They almost never work out and every year I say "no more trades" and every year I continue to make trades.

Trading is fun though! Hang on let me check:

1. Get Godwin and Singletary, give up JRob and Fuller - unmitigated disaster

2. Get OBJ and Engram (needed a WR), give up Andrews and Dobbins - thanks to OBJ injury, nearly unmitigated disaster.

3. Get Fuller, Hunter Henry, and Steelers, give up Beasley, Drake, Engram and Rams - WIN! I think.

4. Get Beasley, give up Chase Edmonds - thanks to Drake injury, LOSE.

Yeah, maybe you're right.

My big money league.... my first two receivers... Godwin and Chark.    Godwin is taking Will Fullers place as the glass man... and Chark… is he even on the Jags ? WTF

21 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Lmao. Some things we know are bad for us but we just love it. Aka college.

25 minutes ago, yanksman said:

For me it's 50-50. Some trades work out great, some blow up in my face. I don't think trading makes me more or less likely to win, because it all likely balances out. However, it does make fantasy more fun, so why not do it?

39 minutes ago, atrium said:

I really hate playing in leagues where everyone stashes a backup QB, mostly because it throws a wrench in my QB streaming plans lol.

Like if you own Mahomes or Lamar in a 10 team league, you do not need Burrow or Wentz stashed on your bench. For f---'s sake.

Tell that to Dak owners

I had Wentz/Tannehill backing up Dak in both leagues I had him and it may have saved my season.

• Like 2

Just now, JDE said:

Tell that to Dak owners

I had Wentz/Tannehill backing up Dak in both leagues I had him and it may have saved my season.

Very low probability of losing your QB. Even if you did, you have a high probability of successfully trading for one if you need to. In a 2QB league that would likely not be the case, but this comment is just for your normal league with one QB.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Very low probability of losing your QB. Even if you did, you have a high probability of successfully trading for one if you need to. In a 2QB league that would likely not be the case, but this comment is just for your normal league with one QB.

I still think don’t think it’s a bad idea to limit your risk and pick up a Herbert/Wentz/Tannehill off the waivers as insurance at some point during the season. 

last year alone Ben missed most of the season, Brees missed a ton of time, I think Mahomes missed some time, Cam was MIA. And I remember a few seasons before that several big name QBs went down with significant injuries. If you roll with one QB one bad break could really set your team back.

Admittedly I do deeper leagues with 8 bench spots, which makes it much easier to carry a backup QB without sacrificing the bench space, but even when I do shallow leagues I almost always carry a secondary QB.

• Like 1

Going against the CMC & Mike Evans owner who has been struggling all year. Great!

1 hour ago, atrium said:

Like this week, where Lamar's on bye?

If it's throwing a wrench in opponents' plans then it's clearly a good idea 😁. There's a reason why I didn't wait for QB this year, and it feels good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Like this week, where Lamar's on bye?

If it's throwing a wrench in opponents' plans then it's clearly a good idea 😁. There's a reason why I didn't wait for QB this year, and it feels good.

I guess it just comes down to a difference in strategy.

i like using my bench for high upside lottery stashes. I don’t use my bench to screw over the one or two other teams out there who waited on QB because it doesn’t help my team enough (especially not in 10 team leagues). And I don’t use my bench for a 1 week bye fill-in because there’s just not enough value in that to warrant a bench spot

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, but there's also the fact that a good QB on your bench is a good QB not starting for somebody else. The fact it's annoying atrium so much suggests that it's working.

For example, at TE I have Andrews, picked Goedert up at cover (now sitting in my IR spot) and had to grab Gronk as cover for him. Now if Goedert is back I may have three usable TEs which is obviously a luxury. Yet the guy who's interested in a trade (only has Jimmy Graham) is a competitor for the playoffs. If he offers me a lot I will do it, obviously, but I'm tempted to hold them to play keepaway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

I guess it just comes down to a difference in strategy.

i like using my bench for high upside lottery stashes. I don’t use my bench to screw over the one or two other teams out there who waited on QB because it doesn’t help my team enough (especially not in 10 team leagues). And I don’t use my bench for a 1 week bye fill-in because there’s just not enough value in that to warrant a bench spot

Agreed. I think it's not just a difference in strategy though, the individual league will make a difference. People stash QBs in my 14-teamer with short benches, but don't stash them in my 10-teamer - at least, nearly all of them don't. With that in mind I'm far more likely to pick up a bye week cover QB early in the 14-teamer than the 10-teamer (still haven't, and I have Kyler this week). It's like a rush on a position in the draft - on the one hand, you don't want to reach for somebody, but on the other hand if everyone else joins in you can get left behind.