Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

5 hours ago, meverett85 said:

My league's commissioner modified my lineup this morning w/out saying a word to me. He removed Taysom Hill from the TE position. I quit the league on the spot....and don't plan on paying my dues.

Wow. What bothers me the most is he really edited your lineup without even telling you why he thinks he should do it in the first place. Where’s the communication? That’s shady AF man.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

It's interesting to see folks' opinion on this one.....seems like the 1st 5 responses were pretty much in agreement that I was in the wrong and that the commish did the right thing.

You've heard time and time again that the only rule is no collusion.....if there is a bad trade w/out collusion you don't veto, etc. Simply rethink inviting members back for the next season.

In this particular case, obviously I didn't hack the system....simply took advantage of a platform exploit. Unable to make any roster changes so it really was a questionable strategy....but should have been my choice IMO.

Of course the league will agree with him. They are salty you picked up Hill before them they are bias. I wouldn’t pay   F him 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

How is modifying an illegal lineup shady? He played a player in a slot they were not eligible for. 

I don't think the act of modifying the line-up is shady.  What's shady is that the comish didn't tell him so he could replace him in his line up. This is a case of everybody sucks here.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I don't think the act of modifying the line-up is shady.  What's shady is that the comish didn't tell him so he could replace him in his line up. This is a case of everybody sucks here.

Agreed

Both sides are to blame.

20 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

How is modifying an illegal lineup shady? He played a player in a slot they were not eligible for. 

Most, if not all leagues, players earn eligibility from games played the year before. I've never seen a player lose eligibility during a season. Only earn it.

If their league has a player losing a position they don't play enough games that year, sure, what the commish did is clearly fine. Knowing how pathetic people are/have become....I doubt it was a rule and is bush if it were changed mid season.

40 minutes ago, affliction said:

Of course the league will agree with him. They are salty you picked up Hill before them they are bias. I wouldn’t pay   F him 

I hope the pathetic commissioners around the world that are pulling this shady nonsense with Taysom Hill took Hinton out of their opponents line up today and replaced his with a WR that got enough points to beat them.....They'd probably just switch him back in, though.

Edited by this guy right here

Went into the week with a plan of starting Moore/Godwin/terry and leave cmc in my flex with Corey Davis as a backup.

But nooo I played  against will fuller so I panicked. Played Moore/Godwin/terry and mckissic in flex,

So now I need I need to sweat up miles sanders vs Chris Carson with a 9 point lead, instead of basically having my playoff spot locked up.

Also: My gut told me all week to bench kyler for taysom but I didn’t have the balls to. Man I deserve this likely L

Just now, jgardner12 said:

Went into the week with a plan of starting Moore/Godwin/terry and leave cmc in my flex with Corey Davis as a backup.

But nooo I played  against will fuller so I panicked. Played Moore/Godwin/terry and mckissic in flex,

So now I need I need to sweat up miles sanders vs Chris Carson with a 9 point lead, instead of basically having my playoff spot locked up.

Also: My gut told me all week to bench kyler for taysom but I didn’t have the balls to. Man I deserve this likely L

You cant bench Kyler for Taysom. Especially with DEN playing with no QB. Cant blame yourself for that.

• Thanks 1

Gonna miss out on getting a first round bye because the 4-7 team I'm playing against randomly put up 170 this week. I scored 160 and still going to lose unless the Steelers game gets canceled.

Thought I still had a chance too with my Adams/Aaron Jones combo...but after the first score from Adams they both proceeded to do almost nothing the entire rest of the game while everyone else on the Packers scored TDs. First time in a long time I was actually frustrated watching the Packers win!

It's a tough week when your starting lineup + bench combined don't crack 100 fantasy points. 
Projected to score 63 this week putting me in a 6 way tie for 5th.
And I traded Gibson to the last place team that I'm facing in Week 13. 

Hold me.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, meverett85 said:

My league's commissioner modified my lineup this morning w/out saying a word to me. He removed Taysom Hill from the TE position. I quit the league on the spot....and don't plan on paying my dues.

He definitely should have said something, that's for sure.  But, in my opinion, he made the right move.  First off, I'm really glad I don't play in any ESPN leagues.  Second, I would be absolutely livid if I had to play against a quarterback in the TE slot.  You guys had the one week of luxury to start him in the TE slot, that shouldn't be allowed to continue just because you didn't make any roster moves.  It's a massive unfair advantage.  It's pretty simple, if a player doesn't have eligibility to play in a certain position, it shouldn't be allowed.  ESPN fantasy is trash.

Edited by Slimzy17
  • Like 1

Luckily after a win this week I should have a playoff spot locked up at 6-6, even if I lose next week i should be fine because of points but I have scored the 2nd highest points at 1650 with 1680 points scored against me. Feel like every week my opponents have just went off... no margin for error on my end.

Edited by Mmiller186
10 hours ago, meverett85 said:

It's interesting to see folks' opinion on this one.....seems like the 1st 5 responses were pretty much in agreement that I was in the wrong and that the commish did the right thing.

You've heard time and time again that the only rule is no collusion.....if there is a bad trade w/out collusion you don't veto, etc. Simply rethink inviting members back for the next season.

In this particular case, obviously I didn't hack the system....simply took advantage of a platform exploit. Unable to make any roster changes so it really was a questionable strategy....but should have been my choice IMO.

IMO

Me personally think leaving Hill in the TE spot is unethical respect the game/opponent. I have 7 ESPN leagues every owner moved Hill ( I own him in two), I wanted one owner to leave Hill at TE, for selfish reasons. Kinda glad 🤷‍♂️ he played it right. My team didn’t make playoffs. 

The commish should have reached out earlier. 
You know the right to do is finish the season and pay your fee.

Playing against a 4-7 team in a must win to keep my playoff hopes alive, my opponent manages to have season best or near season best games from Chubb, AJ Brown, and Debo Samuels. Meanwhile I lose Conner and Taylor to Covid and am forced to start Brian Hill and have big yardage games from Engram and Parker but no TDs, and Adams only catches one pass after halftime. 

13 hours ago, meverett85 said:

you were in the wrong. you were taking advantage of bad website coding to play a player in a spot where he wasn't supposed to be. "I took advantage of bad code to break the rules but that should have been my choice I shouldn't have been punished for it" isn't really a great take. If you were playing a game like World of Warcraft or Destiny or something "I just exploited some bad code to break the rules" would get your account banned. 

That being said, your commish could've handled this better as well. If he'd done it earlier in the week and given you a heads up you'd have no leg to stand on. Also he should've just taken all of the responsibility for the decision instead of saying "the whole league was in agreement" because that opens him up to what's happening now. 

It's good of you to pay the league dues in spite of your disagreement with how the situation was handled. 

12 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I hope the pathetic commissioners around the world that are pulling this shady nonsense with Taysom Hill took Hinton out of their opponents line up today and replaced his with a WR that got enough points to beat them.....They'd probably just switch him back in, though.

I hope you can see the difference between playing Hill, who no longer has a TE designation in ESPN leagues, in a TE spot and playing Hinton, who still has a WR designation, in a WR spot. You see how those two things are different, right?

3 hours ago, yossarian said:

I hope you can see the difference between playing Hill, who no longer has a TE designation in ESPN leagues, in a TE spot and playing Hinton, who still has a WR designation, in a WR spot. You see how those two things are different, right?

16 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Most, if not all leagues, players earn eligibility from games played the year before. I've never seen a player lose eligibility during a season. Only earn it.

If their league has a player losing a position they don't play enough games that year, sure, what the commish did is clearly fine. Knowing how pathetic people are/have become....I doubt it was a rule and is bush if it were changed mid season.

ESPN changed the rules to accommodate weak minded, sore losers.

I don't play ESPN. Wouldn't cry if I did and someone else had Hill at TE.

A few years ago Jaylen Samuels was the starting RB for PIT and the winner of a league I'm in played him at TE right through his playoff run. 
No tears from any of the adults who knew the rules coming in. No one demanded the rules be changed mid season. That is bush league.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2