FouLLine

Andy Isabella 2020 Outlook

I couldn't find a thread on Isabella.  Surprisingly since this guy has immense upside as a lottery ticket that likely went undrafted in your league.

A 4.31 second 40 yard dash.  Crazy yards per reception 21.0 yards per reception.

On 13 targets last year he has 2 plays go for huge yardage 55 and 88 yards.  In his 2019 preseaon he had a 59 TD reception also.

Big play ability player in his second year at a minimal risk cost.  Of course I'm interested.

• Like 1

timely, seeing as how Keesean was just put on the covid list, so we won't see him for a couple weeks, at least. 

just hope the rest of them are not infected, they're going thru tracing protocol & testing. 

so we got Nuk/Captain Kirk/Fitz/Drake ... IZZY. 

Kyler will spread it around, though - that's for damn sure - and they will run the most snaps in the leeg. 

• Like 1

He is a sneaky sleeper.  Looking at the roster in AZ, he is going to be a deep threat.  He is on my watch list and I am expecting him to break out later in the year, unless somebody snags him first from waivers.

If you have 1 slot for a breakout candidate he is worth a stash.

Now a Christian Kirk groin injury. I refuse to pick up the corpse of Larry Fitz....so it is wheels up time? 

ehh I think he needs one more year to develop. He will eventually become a fantasy stud but I dont believe it is this year. Larry needs to retire first. 

• Like 1

This guy has an immense amount of potential.  The upside here (which can probably only be realized in dynasty) is just massive.  Do not sleep on this guy.  He was a second round pick last year and is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands:

• Like 1

Christian Kirk is out tomorrow.

Isabella had 2 big catches last week.

Isabella still runs in the 4.3's very interesting stash to see what happens. You wanna get pieces of premium offenses, Isabella was such a let down last year that he should be available in even some of the deepest leagues as a speculative add to see what he does tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Christian Kirk is out tomorrow.

Isabella had 2 big catches last week.

Isabella still runs in the 4.3's very interesting stash to see what happens. You wanna get pieces of premium offenses, Isabella was such a let down last year that he should be available in even some of the deepest leagues as a speculative add to see what he does tomorrow.

gonna have to wait 'til the legit draftnik weighs in on this one, ol' buddy 😁

he seems to know all 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1

Only 26 snaps even with Kirk out.  I wonder if he keeps trending up after this week though, and once Kirk comes back.

Wouldn't mind seeing the rest of his catches but this TD looked good.

Edited by CharlesCC2

Nothing to see here. Fluke week. He'll go right back to being irrelevant. I wouldn't even pick him up for free. 

They took him over Metcalf. They desperately want him to succeed, yet they still aren't able to involve him in the offense. That tells you all you need to know. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Murray shouldn't be calling out Isabella for being on steroids, whatever "juice" isabella has is between himself and his God".

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 3

I understand all the naysayers talking about his limited snap count, etc.  If that keeps up, he's obviously not viable.  But use a little imagination here.  He's a 2nd year player who got almost no time last season.  He's trending up.  If Kirk is out again this week, would you expect Isabella to get a larger snap share or a smaller snap share than Week 3?  Of course it would go up.  The fact that the Cardinals used 6th-round JAG KeeSean Johnson to block a lot (he has 7 targets for 2 catches and 24 yards all season) means very little.   Small samples for both, but Isabella is getting 20 yards per catch; Johnson is getting 9 for their careers.  Isabella was drafted because has game-breaking potential.  Johnson is a squad player.

The more the Cards see from Isabella, the more he'll be on the field and the more he'll get opportunities.  He's the kind of guy a coaching staff wants to have an excuse to use.

• Like 2

Stashed this dude on my bench. Plenty of passing opportunities in this offense, Kirk is hurt and underperforming, no TE threat with a 37 year old Larry to fight him off (love Larry but still). 

Seems like he has an opportunity to end up as the #2 on this offense in due time, I like Kingsbury and think he will begin to get Isabella more time out on the field.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, KennyWoo said:

You were warned.

Larry Fitzgerald is fading away.

Andy A is looking like a mean pick up and I jumped onboard.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

nuk didnt practive today and kirk was limited.....imagine if either of them sat, he would be in line for a full slate of snaps/targets?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

nuk didnt practive today and kirk was limited.....imagine if either of them sat, he would be in line for a full slate of snaps/targets?

Kirk sat last week.  If both Kirk and Nuk sat, Isabella would be a must start play at WR.  I'm guessing Hopkins is just getting a maintenance day though.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

Nothing to see here. Fluke week. He'll go right back to being irrelevant. I wouldn't even pick him up for free. 

They took him over Metcalf. They desperately want him to succeed, yet they still aren't able to involve him in the offense. That tells you all you need to know. 

they took this little pipsqueek ankle biter over Metcalf? Good Lord that must sting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

they took this little pipsqueek ankle biter over Metcalf? Good Lord that must sting.

To be fair, 8 other teams passed on Metcalf including my Pats who took N’keal Harry who is looking quite mediocre and who I think will massively bust in the NFL.

WRs drafted before Metcalf in order:

Hollywood Brown

Harry

Deebo

AJ Brown

Hardman

Whiteside

Paris Campbell

Isabella

Metcalf’s biggest issues in college were injuries and people called him a physical specimen with mediocre hands and pure straight line speed only with a limited route tree.

Metcalf is a beast and quite fast but having a guy like Wilson who is the best deep ball guy in the NFL certainly will do wonders for his particular skillset.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

To be fair, 8 other teams passed on Metcalf including my Pats who took N’keal Harry who is looking quite mediocre and who I think will massively bust in the NFL.

Hollywood Brown

Harry

Deebo

AJ Brown

Hardman

Whiteside

Paris Campbell

Isabella

Metcalf’s biggest issues in college were injuries and people called him a physical specimen with mediocre hands and pure straight line speed only with a limited route tree.

Metcalf is a beast and quite fast but having a guy like Wilson who is the best deep ball guy in the NFL certainly will do wonders for his particular skillset.

Not fair to judge any of those guys yet, some guys take a year or two to get up to speed.

Metcalf stepped into a great opportunity with an MVP caliber QB and took advantage of his opportunity. The path to success is not as easy or as fast for all other WRs.

15 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Hollywood Brown

Harry

Deebo

AJ Brown

Hardman

Whiteside

Paris Campbell

Isabella

Ya I’m well aware of the dumbass takes that caused his draft day fall.  Whiteside might be the most hilarious on this list by far but I think all of those GMs would take DK over all of those minus maybe Brown if they could give it another go.