FouLLine

Andy Isabella 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, herschel said:

nuk didnt practive today and kirk was limited.....imagine if either of them sat, he would be in line for a full slate of snaps/targets?

You need Nuk to eat coverage for a guy like Isabella to work. 

• Like 1

Yeah ideally we want Hopkins active and Kirk sitting again.

It was a Wednesday practice so I’m sure Hop is fine.

6 hours ago, jujus-jujubees said:

You need Nuk to eat coverage for a guy like Isabella to work. 

i've been watching alotta Cards tape from the first three weeks - while your thought does have some premise, i will say this - Kyler does not go through progressions often, if at all - Kliff has designed such a helter skelter, fast paced offense ... with a ton of moving parts.

if his first read is not open, he's more than likely gonna tuck and jet - he rarely scans the field past 2 options - he's so damn quick, and the plays are so BANGBANG ... now, Nuk is getting a ton of volume, of course, but if he were to sit (which he's not) there will still be enough patterns schemed to free up Isabella ... this is the most unconventional passing offense being run in the leeg - you gotta watch it to fully grasp just how unique it is. 

the offense would take a big hit, but i wouldn't worry about this kid getting quality looks in that worst case (for the Cards) scenario.

• Like 2

I too would like a part of this offence once it gets vibing; but isn’t Kirk the next WR to own (assuming he returns from the groin injury)?

30 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I too would like a part of this offence once it gets vibing; but isn’t Kirk the next WR to own (assuming he returns from the groin injury)?

I think isabella is outplaying Kirk.

No inside info or anything but Kirk has been pedestrian so far and isabella is making plays when his # is called.

• Like 2

lol if you are considering starting Isabella based on Hopkins/Kirk possibly being out, how do you figure Isabella will do as a center of attention for CBs? 

He hasn't show me anything to write home about tbh.

• Like 1

Its is all about targets. Andy has the ability to create seperation with his speed.  If Kirk/ Hopkins are out , or used as decoys we could see a real chance for double digit fantasy points.  Watch the reports, and if Hopkins or Kirk plays and takes the best CB's, Andy will feast.

58 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

lol if you are considering starting Isabella based on Hopkins/Kirk possibly being out, how do you figure Isabella will do as a center of attention for CBs? 

He hasn't show me anything to write home about tbh.

If he had, he wouldn't be available. This is a sophmore season break out potential guy. You have to imagine someone is going to be the WR2 on this team. Kirk hasn't shown it and been there quite awhile. If Hopkins is out this week, I can't imagine Isabella wouldn't be startable. This is @CAR, this doesn't forecast as some 7-0 final. 

• Like 2

A lot of talk about CBs.  Certainly Isabella benefits if he's the WR2 with Hopkins as the alpha.  But the idea that Isabella would blow against CB1s is unclear.  

Isabella's senior year, he played against one top team: at Georgia.  His line?  FIFTEEN catches for 219 yards and 2 TDs.  Georgia had a first-round corner, Deandre Baker, on that team.  I don't know how often Baker was on Isabella but, I mean, 15 catches for 219 yards.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

A lot of talk about CBs.  Certainly Isabella benefits if he's the WR2 with Hopkins as the alpha.  But the idea that Isabella would blow against CB1s is unclear.  

Isabella's senior year, he played against one top team: at Georgia.  His line?  FIFTEEN catches for 219 yards and 2 TDs.  Georgia had a first-round corner, Deandre Baker, on that team.  I don't know how often Baker was on Isabella but, I mean, 15 catches for 219 yards.

That game got out of hand quickly.  This dude killed it after Georgia went ahead by 40+.  Just have to put that game in perspective.  I think he had about 3 catches and 25 yards while it was still a contest.  I don't know how long starters remained in the game, but Georgia was not as aggressive in the second half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Nuk not present for early part of practice ... lookin' like another DNP. 

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) will "ultimately make the decision" if he plays this week.

It means Hopkins' ankle injury is a pain management issue. Hopkins has only missed two games in his career and looks like a good bet to play Sunday. Evan at less than 100 percent, Hopkins is a WR1 for a Week 4 matchup with the Panthers.

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

Cardinals GM Steve Keim said DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) will "ultimately make the decision" if he plays this week.

It means Hopkins' ankle injury is a pain management issue. Hopkins has only missed two games in his career and looks like a good bet to play Sunday. Evan at less than 100 percent, Hopkins is a WR1 for a Week 4 matchup with the Panthers.

never said Nuk wouldn't play, only said the following:

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Nuk not present for early part of practice ... lookin' like another DNP. 

with all the injuries and other bullchit swirling about this week, Isabella is a great option for those hurting.

case. 

closed. 

I just feel like the target share distribution is too risky to figure out without those guys. It's like 12-14 targets up for grabs. Where do they go? Isabella averaging 2-5 a game right now. Are we SURE he can jump up to 8-10, with the same efficiency? Seems like a pass catchers carousel outside of Hopkins. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Kyler, Drake, and Edmonds game. 

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I just feel like the target share distribution is too risky to figure out without those guys. It's like 12-14 targets up for grabs. Where do they go? Isabella averaging 2-5 a game right now. Are we SURE he can jump up to 8-10, with the same efficiency? Seems like a pass catchers carousel outside of Hopkins. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Kyler, Drake, and Edmonds game. 

Could be, but CAR's defense all around isn't so hot. 

Who else is there besides L. Fitz?

Yeah, they can't throw to RBs the whole game. Receivers have to get some targets and if Hopkins is out there's a good amount of targets to go around. I actually think Isabella might be better off if Kirk plays and draws some coverage. I scooped him as Hopkins insurance.

Only other guy getting targets is K. Johnson. Oddly enough, he had more snaps than Isabella last week. Strange.

Posted (edited)

I picked him up in both my leagues.

He is a 2nd round selection from last year that never got a chance to play much.   The upside on him is off the charts. as Larry F fades off into the sunset.  Kirk has not stepped up either. Andy has already had steady targets this year and blew up last week.

For a player off waivers, this kid has the chance to be a league winner if he lives up to the pedigree.    Right now he is able to be had, if he has another week like last week, he will be taken very quickly off waivers..

Grab him now and see what develops, worst case is you cut him, and he goes back on waivers, but the best case is astronomical upside. 

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 5

Arizona are miscasting Kirk as Isabella (deep routes) and Isabella in 4WR sets only. Kirk would be such a beast if Larry Fitz moved on. So they're trying to put their three "best" WRs on the field in 11 personnel, bit the skillsets are wrong. This therefore is a big week for Isabella to take on that deep threat/vertical WR role and leave it between Kirk and Fitz for slot snaps.

• Like 5

Added in 1 league in case McLaurin is out - or could flex him or Alie Cox for CEH if it looks like the KC game is off.  Backup plans needed.