MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

On 9/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

The Epic Failure of the Government Gas Can - Foundation for Economic  Education

Hello there old friend. Fancy seeing us in the same can of RBs lol

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2020 at 9:09 AM, scheibler said:

Ppr rb2 imo

That's probably right, although with a low ceiling. 

Only rookies i would consider over him are CEH, Taylor, JRob, Dobbins, Lamb, JJefferson, Swift, Akers, Gibson, Jeudy...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Travis C. said:

Only rookies i would consider over him are CEH, Taylor, JRob, Dobbins, Lamb, JJefferson, Swift, Akers, Gibson, Jeudy...

He's not a rookie.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

How we feeling about him against SEA? Im sure Dolphins will be playing catch up for the most of game

hopefully 15 carries and 5+ receptions just need a solid floor and hope he finds some good yardage or a TD.

i gotta play him cause of injuries and im in a deep double flex league

Edited by meekzy

6 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

How we feeling about him against SEA? Im sure Dolphins will be playing catch up for the most of game

Personally I prefer him in horrible game scripts.  He looks more dynamic as a receiving threat vs. running the ball.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, NeverEnough- said:

Anyone fielding offers for him in PPR dynasty yet? I have a guy sniffing around, but no real offers yet. [...]

I currently don't own him but I'm lurking in here as I have a chance to own this guy in a long term keeper league.  I can't decide what to do if he's legit long term option for RB or if he's a one-year wonder (if even that).  Things could change quickly and he could go back to third string....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

Seattle run defense is pretty good. Hard not to be with that LB core.

Seattle pass defense is damn pathetic. ******** awful. Makes me gag.

So playing catchup should be easy. Should have scoring chances and a lot of dump offs.

Due to injuries I'll be rolling out Gaskin in either the RB2 or Flex spot for the next 3 weeks at least. In full PPR I don't see why he can't continue to put up 14 points a week.

Edited by Andy Mick
  • Like 1

Anyone feel this guy could win out and be an RB1 ROS? Maybe their RB of the future? I don't trust this organization as they royal screw up RBs. RBs seem to need to leave to find their true value.

2 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Anyone feel this guy could win out and be an RB1 ROS? Maybe their RB of the future? I don't trust this organization as they royal screw up RBs. RBs seem to need to leave to find their true value.

He isn't the RB of the future, Najee Harris is.

He will be good for this year though, solid PPR flex back.

14 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Possible I guess but I don’t think he’s dynamic enough to be anything more than a decent flex with a solid floor for volume and catches.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He isn't the RB of the future, Najee Harris is.

He will be good for this year though, solid PPR flex back.

You mean Chuba Hubbard? :P 

• Haha 1

I grabbed him after week 1 purely on spec (auction dynasty), but he's the definition of a JAG to me and I don't actually expect him to be anything more than a flex w/RB2 upside on the weeks he gets into the end zone.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, trilly said:

I grabbed him after week 1 purely on spec (auction dynasty), but he's the definition of a JAG to me and I don't actually expect him to be anything more than a flex w/RB2 upside on the weeks he gets into the end zone.

If you think he’s a JAG this is based on nothing other than box score watching, his draft capital, or both.

He’s looked pretty good on tape. Elite? I wouldn’t say so but still jumps out as above average. 

• Like 2

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Means JoHo will get 25 carries this week.

i waz thinkin' Breida, to warm him up for his "REVENGE!!1!1!!1!" game next week in SFO 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i waz thinkin' Breida, to warm him up for his "REVENGE!!1!1!!1!" game next week in SFO 🤷‍♂️

I love the accolades. I'm just skeptical when a coach talks up one of his players to the opposing teams media

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I love the accolades. I'm just skeptical when a coach talks up one of his players to the opposing teams media

we've seen it happen too many times, amirite?

but the game really profiles as prime GasCan territory - i think the 'Fins keep it close enough, with this kid playing a big part underneath - floor of 5 catches. 

TAKE THE +7 WITH MIAMI!

• Like 1

[...] I suspect he's a bye week filler and depth guy for most fantasy squads right now. 

I will say though, with the RB corp and targets available in Miami, the arrow points straight up.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC/CSB

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

If you think he’s a JAG this is based on nothing other than box score watching, his draft capital, or both.

He’s looked pretty good on tape. Elite? I wouldn’t say so but still jumps out as above average. 

I've watched him closely - we know size/power isn't his calling card, and he doesn't stand out to me with his quickness or speed either. That's why I think he'll eventually be supplanted (not this year), but any RB with a workload like his has value. For what it's worth, I've put him on the trade block in my league (I have him at min salary which is $1 of a $200 cap) and no one has expressed interest.

I hope he proves me wrong though!