MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Fire him up against the Hawks

In PPR I think you fire him up against any opponent. 

Due to injuries and a Covid related "bye week" I will be using the this guy as my flex in a deep league.

I actually like the situation because they will be behind and he appears to be a nice check down option. He should be good for 15-20 total touches.  

• Like 1

Here's one of the more optimistic opinions I've seen of him this weekend. This is from the Winks Fantasy Blueprint column on the main site - I like this column - some good tidbits:

Out of 36 qualifying RBs, Myles Gaskin is 2nd in avoided tackles per carry. He’s been solid on tape and has RB1/2 usage in PPR formats. He’s 3rd in routes run among RBs and just played 65% of the Dolphins’ Week 4 snaps. A lack of touchdowns and rushing volume push Gaskin to the RB2/3 border with Miami projected for 19.25 points, but the negative game script works into Gaskin’s strengths in theory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dude is the only one showing up each week for the Dolphins. They need to get this cat more touches this week!

• Like 1

I like Mami's chances of a positive game script this week. Dolphins have had a brutal QB schedule thus far (Cam, Allen, Russ). Meanwhile 49ers have been mediocre vs a poor schedule. I'm probably going to fire up Gaskin over Kelley this week in standard if Miami secondary is reasonably healthy. 

13 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

I like Mami's chances of a positive game script this week. Dolphins have had a brutal QB schedule thus far (Cam, Allen, Russ). Meanwhile 49ers have been mediocre vs a poor schedule. I'm probably going to fire up Gaskin over Kelley this week in standard if Miami secondary is reasonably healthy. 

Gaskin is more of a pass catching back dude.

It's fairly likely he'll actually be more valuable in a negative, catchup gamescript. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Gaskin is more of a pass catching back dude.

It's fairly likely he'll actually be more valuable in a negative, catchup gamescript. 

He's a 3 down back who would benefit from better field position. Negative game scripts have not been very beneficial for him. 

I watched him last week and what stood out for me is that it seems to me he can't really break any tackles. Has anybody an insight view on that?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I watched him last week and what stood out for me is that it seems to me he can't really break any tackles. Has anybody an insight view on that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dorwell said:

He's 5'9" and 200 pounds.  He runs hard but it just doesn't seem like the power is there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rylaughlin said:

He's a 3 down back who would benefit from better field position. Negative game scripts have not been very beneficial for him. 

That’s only bc they haven’t used him in other games like they did in the ONE game (sample size alert) they were winning. 

Based on that ONE game (if you want to go there) then when there is/was a good game script then it wont result in a great ROI per touch (Esp with no goaline) like it would if catching garbage or check downs.

Case in point he got 27 touches in that JAX game a barely scored more than the other games.

Flores has always been like this with his backs like Reich and Belichek.

People need to stop expecting guys to become bellcows when all actual evidence points to unpredictable touch distribution. Be grateful he’s getting even 15 touches consistently, incorporate into your range of outcomes projections, and make decisions accordingly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magoo said:

That’s only bc they haven’t used him in other games like they did in the ONE game (sample size alert) they were winning. 

Based on that ONE game (if you want to go there) then when there is/was a good game script then it wont result in a great ROI per touch (Esp with no goaline) like it would if catching garbage or check downs.

Case in point he got 27 touches in that JAX game a barely scored more than the other games.

People need to stop expecting guys to become bellcows when all actual evidence points to unpredictable touch distribution. Be grateful he’s getting even 15 touches consistently, incorporate into your range of outcomes projections, and make decisions accordingly.

Preach

3 hours ago, Magoo said:

He had two-thirds of the carries and half of RB targets last week. Anyway, positive game script is not just volume but also enhanced TD likelihood. Just bc he didn't find the endzone vs Jags (sample size alert) doesn't mean he won't next time with that volume. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

He had two-thirds of the carries and half of RB targets last week. Anyway, positive game script is not just volume but also enhanced TD likelihood. Just bc he didn't find the endzone vs Jags (sample size alert) doesn't mean he won't next time with that volume. 

Agreed

On 10/9/2020 at 7:40 AM, TennisDude said:

Dude is the only one showing up each week for the Dolphins. They need to get this cat more touches this week!

Any news from Miami staff on his usage going forward? Is OC giving any insight on his play calling going forward vs what we’ve already seen with Gaskin? “Fins Homer”please dish.

it's the dreaded  "REVENGE!!1!11!1!111!1!!1!" game for Breida ... returning to SFO - ya just know Flores is gonna dial him up more. 

... but it can actually work in ol' GasCan's favor -

Breida flops? palookaville. 

Breida gets overworked? well ... i'll just leave that there. 

2_How_to_Safely_Fill_and_Transport_Gasol

On 10/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, kidsgotsoul said:

LOLOL! The guy you quoted didn't watch a dang thing lol. 

Hilarious response to his post. 

"I watched film and he can't break tackles"  lol. 

Box score fantasy experts in droves out here these days. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Easy man. I said it seems to me like he can't break tackles. I came here to ask if I got this wrong and the numbers said I did. So no reason to react like this. 

11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Easy man. I said it seems to me like he can't break tackles. I came here to ask if I got this wrong and the numbers said I did. So no reason to react like this. 

Also there seems to be a big difference between broken and avoided tackles. 

https://i.imgur.com/YQQsjnv.jpg

Edited by dorwell

I think I’m unreasonably excited for this guy. That’s bellcow usage with a better-than-expected Miami offense and if Howard continues to sit, he now gets the goal-line work (which he capitalized on today). Even if you think he’s a JAG, the opportunity and usage are tremendous. 

• Like 3

Gaskin seems like one of those guys that they are meh on succeeding, and then he does, and they are disappointed he does better than Brieda and Howard.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Gaskin seems like one of those guys that they are meh on succeeding, and then he does, and they are disappointed he does better than Brieda and Howard.

They gave him a 63% share of snaps week 1 in a crowded backfield many perceived to be a true committee, and that number has only risen since. I think they want him to succeed. 

• Like 1