MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, varock said:

They gave him a 63% share of snaps week 1 in a crowded backfield many perceived to be a true committee, and that number has only risen since. I think they want him to succeed. 

I liked your post, but I honestly think he is succeeding in spite of them.

16 minutes ago, varock said:

They gave him a 63% share of snaps week 1 in a crowded backfield many perceived to be a true committee, and that number has only risen since. I think they want him to succeed. 

Cool story bro from week 1.

His snap count went from 65% to 74% to 64% from week 2 to 4.   Looking at his numbers that doesn't seem indicative to much.

Lol my best running back and can't give him a way... everyone wants mixon I should comply 

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Cool story bro from week 1.

His snap count went from 65% to 74% to 64% from week 2 to 4.   Looking at his numbers that doesn't seem indicative to much.

What is your argument exactly? He has a 67% overall snap share coming into today. Snaps fluctuate depending on game script but it’s certainly trending up, especially with Howard being declared inactive today. That’s 11th in the NFL, ahead of guys like Mixon, Sanders, Robinson, etc. How could you possibly interpret that usage as the coaching staff not wanting him to succeed? 

Just traded Gaskin for Claypool.  Hope he keeps up his solid play though!  Love his share of the workload, just don’t see him as being a standout athlete to the point that he can keep that job long term.  His absolute upside seems like lower end RB2 to me.  (Have him in my other league, so I’m still on the bandwagon)

Edited by GurleyBoy
  • Like 1

great game from him all around. Keeps him in the lead back position and that's always worth a start and he put up points fantasy wise

People be all over on this guys value, i dealt him for Cam (lost Dak) but ive also seen people completely dismiss him

i like him as a Flex or really a RB4, if hes your RB3 its not the worst spot to be in so i wouldnt actively sell unless your team has needs or you want to do a 2-1

Guy was steady as they come in college and always racked up 1000 yard seasons... now he is steady in the pros... agree he is getting zero respect as a guy that gets yards and receptions... can count on solid games in ppr

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

People be all over on this guys value, i dealt him for Cam (lost Dak) but ive also seen people completely dismiss him

i like him as a Flex or really a RB4, if hes your RB3 its not the worst spot to be in so i wouldnt actively sell unless your team has needs or you want to do a 2-1

Name me 36 better RBs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

No I Dont Think I Will GIFs | Tenor

Right. Because he isn't an RB4. He is closer to an RB2 in PPR with being on pace for 80 catches.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Right. Because he isn't an RB4. He is closer to an RB2 in PPR with being on pace for 80 catches.

Ok? lol hes a RB4 for me on my team (and prob some that went RB heavy), and i even said if hes your RB3 its not a bad spot to be in, could easily see some low end RB2 weeks in PPR where he has more value

find someone else to nit pick an argument, singled out one aspect you disagreed with, brought up PPR which i didnt specify format......smh, im not one for manufacturing debates sorry

Edited by kmoore1521

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

Ok? lol hes a RB4 for me on my team (and prob some that went RB heavy), and i even said if hes your RB3 its not a bad spot to be in, could easily see some low end RB2 weeks in PPR where he has more value

find someone else to nit pick an argument 

I'm not nit picking. If you are in a dynasty league and happen to have like Elliot, Kamara, and Cook you don't say "I like Cook as my RB3." You also said if Gaskin is your RB3 it is not the worst spot to be in when in reality it is a great spot to be in which shows me you are still sleeping on him.

If Gaskin continues his pace for yards and receptions and only gets 5 more TDs all year he would be an RB1 last season. Hell, he is already a mid tier RB2 in PPR this season.

• Like 6

Just now, hard1 said:

Relative to situations 

It's not relative to situation at all. The only thing it is relative to is if it is standard, half, or full.

Standard - High end RB3

Half-PPR - Low end RB2

PPR - High end RB2

That's where he is right now on the year with only one TD all year. How good or bad your RBs are doesn't change that fact. If he is your RB4 that doesn't make him an RB4 just like if he is your RB1 it doesn't make him an RB1. In PPR Gaskin is a good RB2 because that's exactly how he has performed (a high end one at that).

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's not relative to situation at all. The only thing it is relative to is if it is standard, half, or full.

Standard - High end RB3

Half-PPR - Low end RB2

PPR - High end RB2

That's where he is right now on the year with only one TD all year. How good or bad your RBs are doesn't change that fact. If he is your RB4 that doesn't make him an RB4 just like if he is your RB1 it doesn't make him an RB1. In PPR Gaskin is a good RB2 because that's exactly how he has performed (a high end one at that).

Evidently I was having a moment cause this is correct just cause he may be my rb5 doesn't mean he isn't an rb2 or someone else's rb2...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Standard - RB3

Half-PPR - High End RB3

PPR - Low End RB2

FTFY

He is #22 on the season in my .5PPR, once you account for guys above him like M. Davis, McKinnon, Chubb, etc. and guys like CMC, Ekeler, Henry, etc. below him, low end RB2 actually sounds about right. Only issue is if you're trying to sell him, no one will want to pay that price.

Hes an RB2 with Jordan Howard as a healthy scratch. Goal line work is worth a lot of expected fantasy points, and Miamis offense has been pretty solid with Fitzpatrick at the helm. Passing down work gave him his floor, and now the goal line work is raising his weekly ceiling. He will be hard to sell because hes not flashy, just productive but dont sell him too cheaply in leagues IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colonel Forbin said:

He is #22 on the season in my .5PPR, once you account for guys above him like M. Davis, McKinnon, Chubb, etc. and guys like CMC, Ekeler, Henry, etc. below him, low end RB2 actually sounds about right. Only issue is if you're trying to sell him, no one will want to pay that price.

Same issue as Robinson. He’s a nobody name that was undrafted. Guys won’t give up their draft capital because of ego alone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Waiver fodder :(

1 minute ago, whitekenyan24 said:

RIP sweet prince

I see no reputable source reporting Bell is going to MIA. 

Source?

Just now, next big thing cp84 said:

I see no reputable source reporting Bell is going to MIA. 

Source?

Makes the most sense at least. Playing time, jet skis, night clubs / super spreader events, revenge game lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Makes the most sense at least. Playing time, jet skis, night clubs / super spreader events, revenge game lol

No it doesn’t. Dolphins are morons for even wanting Bell but Bills makes the most sense.