MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

You draft CEH in the first round, and it turns out you could have gotten him for free on waivers. 

Robinson was looking like the ww rb of the year, but is it Gaskin? I think it might be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

You draft CEH in the first round, and it turns out you could have gotten him for free on waivers. 

Robinson was looking like the ww rb of the year, but is it Gaskin? I think it might be.

I honestly rather have Gaskin ROS than Robinson. Robinson hasn't broke 50 rushing yards 3 out of the last 4 weeks. He is on an absolutely awful team with arguably the worst defense in the NFL which will lead to terrible game scripts. Gaskin just seems like the better play being in a good offense on a solid team.

• Like 1

Question for the forum, specifically if you own him in a keeper/dynasty league - have you seen enough to think he could be the bell cow back beyond this year?  He's been very impressive for the Dolphins and part of the reason the team is 3-3.  However, do you think they invest through the draft or FA going forward and he ends up splitting carries next year?  I mean the fact they seemed to be in on Bell makes me think they aren't sold on him as their young RB of the future and I just wonder if this is another Jay Ajayi flash in the pan for them.

1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

Question for the forum, specifically if you own him in a keeper/dynasty league - have you seen enough to think he could be the bell cow back beyond this year?  He's been very impressive for the Dolphins and part of the reason the team is 3-3.  However, do you think they invest through the draft or FA going forward and he ends up splitting carries next year?  I mean the fact they seemed to be in on Bell makes me think they aren't sold on him as their young RB of the future and I just wonder if this is another Jay Ajayi flash in the pan for them.

I've commented in this thread that I see him as a JAG and therefore I don't assign much value to him from a dynasty perspective. The Dolphins need help in a lot of areas before RB, but I wouldn't be surprised for them to add someone else to the mix in next year's draft/FA. Hell, we already saw them make a big push for Bell.

So far, he's shown well enough that I've had second thoughts about calling him a JAG and am trying to be more picky in what I get in exchange for unloading him, but I would guess they do bring someone else into the fold next year.

Edited by trilly

ultimate bargain bin pick up for this year. Really glad that this dude is on my team as an emergency option

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I honestly rather have Gaskin ROS than Robinson. Robinson hasn't broke 50 rushing yards 3 out of the last 4 weeks. He is on an absolutely awful team with arguably the worst defense in the NFL which will lead to terrible game scripts. Gaskin just seems like the better play being in a good offense on a solid team.

I'd still rather have Robinson as he scores TDs. 

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

Wonder how he’ll do with Tua?

He should do very well IMO. Giesiki and Gaskins should both get a lot of high percentage targets. And Gaskins should also benefit from a lot of dump-offs.

They're also gonna wanna maintain a running game to take the pressure off a rookie QB. His arrow is definitely pointing up.  

Now might be a great time to try and trade for him with him on a bye. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

He should do very well IMO. Giesiki and Gaskins should both get a lot of high percentage targets. And Gaskins should also benefit from a lot of dump-offs.

They're also gonna wanna maintain a running game to take the pressure off a rookie QB. His arrow is definitely pointing up.  

Kinda glad I got him last week. Price might of went up with his game this week.

It's hard to me to accept the premise that Gaskin can actually do "better" than with a seasoned vet who's the #6 overall QB in my standard leagues over the past month. But I do have hope this could possibly open defenses up a tad so this dude can actually score. A lot of it depends on how much Tua can run at this point. The Dolphins better prepare for some turbulence if he (Tua) doesn't succeed right out of the gate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The G Man said:

I highly doubt he does better with Tua vs Fitz. 

I think we saw his peak with Fitz. 

Now just gotta hold on and hope for pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I do think this is overly pessimistic. Tua does add a dimension to the offense - he just needs to execute.

That's all.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I do think this is overly pessimistic. Tua does add a dimension to the offense - he just needs to execute.

That's all.

I mean, I own the guy so I'd prefer it. I'm definitely not happy though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

It's hard to me to accept the premise that Gaskin can actually do "better" than with a seasoned vet who's the #6 overall QB in my standard leagues over the past month. But I do have hope this could possibly open defenses up a tad so this dude can actually score. A lot of it depends on how much Tua can run at this point. The Dolphins better prepare for some turbulence if he (Tua) doesn't succeed right out of the gate.

Judging QBs by fantasy is one of the worst possible ways to judge them. It may kind of work for other positions but it doesn’t work for QBs at all.

Fitz is who he is. He had 3 interceptions and no TDs against NE and 2 interceptions and no TDs against Seattle. He’s a boom bust QB and that doesn’t work in real life. It also doesn’t work for Gaskin long term because things can go south really fast. Tua is likely to provide a more steady game and also throw a lot of check downs as he is a rookie. Thus, Tua > Fitz. 

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

How so?

The thing I’m most concerned about is Tua’s tendencies for throwing to RBs. There may be a scripted play or two but Fitz was always good for throwing to Gaskin a few times every game which helped his floor. I’m nervous that aside from an overall dip in offense efficiency that this change also kills his floor due to receptions.