Rotoworld.com Forums

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Check out the Dolphins reddit page, they actually want to see Breida finally get some consistent run.

Outside of volume, Gaskin is quite average and doesn’t have much ability in the open field.

Still hard to get too excited given the subpar play of the o-line in run blocking but at least Breida has homerun ability.  His knock will always be that he is made of glass.

Yeah, that's why Miami brought Brieda in I'm guessing.  He had some 15+ carry games for SF, but was always dinged up. I'd hold Gaskin and try to land Breida for the next couple of weeks.  Howard will probably now be active, since it was only Gaskin/Breida active most of the season.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if ya have the Ravens rook, too? 🍧 Gaskin-Dobbins 🍨

1 hour ago, jimithing11 said:

I don’t think we can kiss goodnight to GasCan quite yet, right?

isnt the point that Breida would have received more work in the first place if he was more effective/viewed more highly by the  staff?

I do agree it’s terrible timing though considering he was almost guaranteed to get 20+ carries/targets a game. Not many can claim that

all breida has to do is be decent until gascan comes back to lower his value ROS....really bad timing smh

On 11/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, hard1 said:

Thoughts on him for next year? They grab someone else or he can hold on?

I can't see him getting the volume he's been getting this year in 2021.  Guys like this just tend not to have multiple years of lead back usage.  But I wouldn't be rushing to sell him short in keeper/dynasty either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I just scooped him off waivers.  Is he expected to retake the lead back role when he returns?  I assume so but I also don't follow the Dolphins that closely.

If you have the bench spot to wait and see on him, your guess is as good as anyone else's right now. I have him in my IR slot until there's more concrete news but I'm not expecting him to be a playoff league winner.

Consider:

+ We don't know the true severity of his injury. He limped off the field his last game vs the Rams, but there was no information about his injury until he popped up on the IR. There's been almost no new information since then about his progress. If he was trending to return immediately after his IR stint (in a lush spot vs. NYJ in Week 12) we would hear good news about his progress this week in anticipation of coming off the IR in Week 12. The way RBs have been treated in this COVID season, they may want to hold him out longer out of precaution if he's not 100% after 3 weeks.

+ Salvon Ahmed is nothing special, but neither really is Gaskin. He was thriving on opportunity which then afforded him high value touches when the Dolphins realized Jordan Howard didn't deserve any of the high value touches with his 1 YPC average. Now we are seeing Ahmed slowly be given that spot. Most likely Ahmed (with sprinkles of Breida/Washington as COP/3rd down) holds down the fort and then Gaskin returns as a 1A of a Gaskin/Ahmed RBBC. But with Tua and the Dolphins D, will that be worth a start in the fantasy playoffs?

TL:DR The Dolphins found some motor pumping the Gaskin this season, but when he ran out they exported the run to Ahmed. When Gaskin returns, you're likely going to see a synthetic blend of both.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it's lazy to assume Ahmed outright takes over.  No one can know what the split will be, so there's nothing to do but hold and see.  I am holding, bc they're rolling pretty well on both sides of the ball and their schedule is cake.  Good luck all.

5 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I think it's lazy to assume Ahmed outright takes over.  No one can know what the split will be, so there's nothing to do but hold and see.  I am holding, bc they're rolling pretty well on both sides of the ball and their schedule is cake.  Good luck all.

Somebody dropped Gaskin and I picked him up. The Miami strength of schedule for RBs is ridiculously good for the rest of the season. Gotta hold if you can.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:14 PM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Didn't see this before. Ugh.

People still hanging onto Gaskin?

Had picked him up in the hopes that I had a starting RB down the stretch when he's potentially back next week. Great schedule coming up.

That said, looks like Breida is back and Ahmed is in the mix. Could see a three headed committee when he does return.

Have issues. Want to hold but tempted to drop.

22 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Seems like good news bad news.

Good news he's coming off IR. Bad news he's in a non contact jersey.

May be a while before he's ready. [...]

if he's being activated off IR they only have 21 days to move to active roster. if they dont then he's out for the year... so, IMO,  it's great news he's been activated. no other way to look at that. i was worried since there was limited or no news on him that he might not be ready to come off IR.  he might not return to the field this week but i would expect he'd be back week 13.

38 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

if he's being activated off IR they only have 21 days to move to active roster. if they dont then he's out for the year... so, IMO,  it's great news he's been activated. no other way to look at that. i was worried since there was limited or no news on him that he might not be ready to come off IR.  he might not return to the field this week but i would expect he'd be back week 13.

Doesn't mean he’ll be back in week 13. Depends on his progress and how quickly they want to bring him along. 

4 hours ago, Hops said:

Anyone hear any word on Gas can? Hoping he returns next week!

He was close this week. Think he's back, but the question is, does he regain the #1 job?

Doesn't seem like Miami is at all interested in Breida being a big part of this rotation. It took a while to get D. Washington in the mix and who knows if Ahmed is healthy.

FWIW, early week 13 expert rankings have Gaskin surprisingly high (although what do they know).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

He was close this week. Think he's back, but the question is, does he regain the #1 job?

Doesn't seem like Miami is at all interested in Breida being a big part of this rotation. It took a while to get D. Washington in the mix and who knows if Ahmed is healthy.

FWIW, early week 13 expert rankings have Gaskin surprisingly high (although what do they know).

I think gaskin will retain his role. None of his replacement was impressive

• Like 3