MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

cant actually find that quote from Gailey anywhere in the link or other recent articles about the Dolphins/Breida...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Hops said:

cant actually find that quote from Gailey anywhere in the link or other recent articles about the Dolphins/Breida...

There is a great quote about Tua getting valuable mind-reps though. 

Gaskin had a good off season per them saw the snap share especially after Howard left injured... there is at least smoke here

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Gaskin had a good off season per them saw the snap share especially after Howard left injured... there is at least smoke here

If you don't have bench space, might be better off waiting until next week. Bills matchup is rough and it will not entice many league mates in short benches to play him (12 team leagues)

39 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Picked him up rather than blowing my FAAB budget on Snell/Hines after losing Mack. We’ll see 

That was the move to be made... especially week 1 and dude completely under the radar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good snap % and 10th highest RB PFF grade week one(up there with some pretty big names). He ran 22 routes which was 11th among RBs in week 1.

Edited by rylaughlin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If you don't have bench space, might be better off waiting until next week. Bills matchup is rough and it will not entice many league mates in short benches to play him (12 team leagues)

If it comes out that Jordan Howard will miss multiple weeks because of his hamstring injury, Gaskin won't be on your free agent list by the time next week rolls around.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hard1 said:

That was the move to be made... especially week 1 and dude completely under the radar

Real G's move in stealth ;)

He actually went for between 55-65% FAB in my 16 team leagues...I am going to try and sneak him for minimal in my 14 teamer tonight.

He def did well enough to continue to see opportunities.

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

and if he does well?  then he's going for considerably more. 

Buffalo has a great D, but that doesn't mean the kid can't work underneath like last week - Miami will likely be on the chase ... he will see action, and pernts is pernts. 

THIS is the week to get in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Picked him up rather than blowing my FAAB budget on Snell/Hines after losing Mack. We’ll see 

Most FAAB leagues you can bid $0 then you don't have to wake up in middle of night and save your budget. 

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

and if he does well?  then he's going for considerably more. 

Buffalo has a great D, but that doesn't mean the kid can't work underneath like last week - Miami will likely be on the chase ... he will see action, and pernts is pernts. 

THIS is the week to get in. 

I agree with you- he's getting some usage and it's more of a way to be sneaky in shallow leagues :) He's still on our waivers but don't have the space

As someone who saw most of his snaps in college I always expected him to make at least some noise in the NFL.

He is undersized for an NFL back to an extent but if you just watch his highlights you can tell he isn't just some guy that ran through terrible defenses or had gaping holes. While the Huskies did have a good line and the pac 12 defenses aren't very good it's clear the dude has very good vision, patience, and ability to make cuts. Also was pretty good catching the ball.

So we will see how it turns out. Obviously expecting him to be an elite RB is a stretch but all i'm saying is he can make a little bit of noise.

Edited by Gohawks

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

add so you can change your name to Carole Gaskins

I hope they let this cat eat

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

just added him, will wait to see what news comes out of Miami with the Jordan Howard hamstring issue

Have seen this posted in the Howard thread as well. I read somewhere that that was an erroneous report. The hammy injury that was reported for Howard was meant for Parker.

Howard also has not been on any subsequent injury reports (i.e., there is no "Q" tag for him on my roster, Yahoo league). So, I don't think he was/is injured. 

It's also worth mentioning that there is another Howard (Xavier) on the team too, and he is on their injury report (knee). 

As for Gaskins, while I definitely agree the opportunity is there for him to emerge, the Dolphins did pay Howard $10 mil, and also gave up a 5th rounder to acquire Breida. So, I really think it's going to be more of a RBBC. 

JMHO.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Have seen this posted in the Howard thread as well. I read somewhere that that was an erroneous report. The hammy injury that was reported for Howard was meant for Parker.

Howard also has not been on any subsequent injury reports (i.e., there is no "Q" tag for him on my roster, Yahoo league). So, I don't think he was/is injured. 

It's also worth mentioning that there is another Howard (Xavier) on the team too, and he is on their injury report (knee). 

As for Gaskins, while I definitely agree the opportunity is there for him to emerge, the Dolphins did pay Howard $10 mil, and also gave up a 5th rounder to acquire Breida. So, I really think it's going to be more of a RBBC. 

JMHO.

thanks for the clarification and that makes sense to me now as I couldn't find any news on that. Interesting then that gaskin got that much run with Howard not injured. I feel like game flow won't benefit Jordan Howard in many dolphin games this year so the investment in him seems odd but agree this will likely shape up to be a RBBC nightmare 

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

JMHO.

Breida = product of Shanny system - check the results when rbs leave that incubator. 

Howard = a slower Peyton Barber, with cinder block hands. 

Flores is gonna trot out the guy(s) putting up numbers and moving the chains ... thus far that's ol' GasCan - this is a no-nonsense HC who has zero effs to give about any of the peripherals you laid out. 

btw, only $5mil is guaranteed to JoHo - and a 5th rd pick is not exactly earth shattering draft capital (Breida).

i'd be a hell of a lot more nervous had i been foolhardy enough to draft either of them than i'd be if i took a flier on GasCan.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Breida = product of Shanny system - check the results when rbs leave that incubator. 

Howard = a slower Peyton Barber, with cinder block hands. 

Flores is gonna trot out the guy(s) putting up numbers and moving the chains ... thus far that's ol' GasCan - this is a no-nonsense HC who has zero effs to give about any of the peripherals you laid out. 

btw, only $5mil is guaranteed to JoHo - and a 5th rd pick is not exactly earth shattering draft capital (Breida).

i'd be a hell of a lot more nervous had i been foolhardy enough to draft either of them than i'd be if i took a flier on GasCan.

Not arguing with any of that pastor, but I still think it's gonna be more of a committee.

JMHO.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Not arguing with any of that pastor, but I still think it's gonna be more of a committee.

JMHO.

fair enuff ✌

Buffalo game is gonna tell us an awful lot. 

ETA:  not saying GasCan is gonna all of a sudden start pulling 70% snap rates, but he is the cat to have here, if one wants any piece of this, imo ('cuz it ain't for the squeamish).

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1