MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enuff ✌

Buffalo game is gonna tell us an awful lot. 

ETA:  not saying GasCan is gonna all of a sudden start pulling 70% snap rates, but he is the cat to have here, if one wants any piece of this, imo ('cuz it ain't for the squeamish).

Might be nothing (yet)...but both stud ILB for BUF, Milano and Edmunds, left hurt last week and did not practice yesterday either...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fair enuff ✌

Buffalo game is gonna tell us an awful lot. 

ETA:  not saying GasCan is gonna all of a sudden start pulling 70% snap rates, but he is the cat to have here, if one wants any piece of this, imo ('cuz it ain't for the squeamish).

Hype Train is in full steam with >=70% snaps, and possible start... My body is READY ROFLMAO

• Haha 1

Question for Dolphins homers, will it take an injury to Howard or Breida for Gaskin to become fantasy relevant or does he have a good chance of emerging as the main back from this committee?

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Question for Dolphins homers, will it take an injury to Howard or Breida for Gaskin to become fantasy relevant or does he have a good chance of emerging as the main back from this committee?

They can get out of Breida's and Jo-Howard's contracts without a cap hit in 2021.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/matt-breida-22370/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/jordan-howard-19104/

They do have a couple of other RBs:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/malcolm-perry-47844/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/lynn-bowden-47675/

Lynn Bowden was the QB turned RB/WR traded from the Raiders.

• Thanks 1

Question: I have GB's Jamaal Williams on my bench as my last guy incase Jones goes down.... Drop him for Carol Baskins?? Miami's backfield scares me

11 minutes ago, LZD said:

Question: I have GB's Jamaal Williams on my bench as my last guy incase Jones goes down.... Drop him for Carol Baskins?? Miami's backfield scares me

Absolutely. Gaskins has upside not vs. Jamaal. Jamaal will always be a timeshare back. 

44 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

questions that need answers. The big fear is that he will continue to remain in an ugly timeshare for the rest of the season barring injury to the others

howard usually injury prone? can gaskins be that workhorse/bellcow 3 down back. 

Dude's college stats (below) suggest workhorse with 3 down potential. I picked him up in 7 of 9 leagues (other two leagues are shallow but I might add him too). He's now my most-owned player. I spent just under 25% FAAB to snatch him. Could be a league winner depending on depth of your FA pool.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/myles-gaskin-1.html

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

howard usually injury prone? can gaskins be that workhorse/bellcow 3 down back. 

I think that it will likely be a committee with at least 2 of Gaskin/Howard/Breida involved this year unless one guy really stands out.  Gaskin got off to a good start by averaging over 4 yards per carry in game 1 so here's hoping that he can separate himself from the group.  At the least, he should be their pass down back.

1 minute ago, young dude said:

Dude's college stats (below) suggest workhorse with 3 down potential. I picked him up in 7 of 9 leagues (other two leagues are shallow but I might add him too). He's now my most-owned player. I spent just under 25% FAAB to snatch him. Could be a league winner depending on depth of your FA pool.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/myles-gaskin-1.html

I think that saying he's a league winner is a big stretch considering he's on the Dolphins but I think he definitely has a chance to at least be a useful bye week filler.

5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that saying he's a league winner is a big stretch considering he's on the Dolphins but I think he definitely has a chance to at least be a useful bye week filler.

In leagues with 12 teams and 20 roster spots (I'm in 6 of those), he can definitely be a league winner because the usual league winners are already drafted mostly. That's why I prefaced it with the caveat of FA/waiver pool depth.

Edited by young dude
Edit

4 minutes ago, young dude said:

In leagues with 12 teams and 20 roster spots (I'm in 6 of those), he can definitely be a league winner. That's why I prefaced it with the caveat of FA pool depth.

I still think that he at least needs an injury to Jordan Howard for that to be even a remote possibility of happening.  It looks like he at least may be ahead of Breida now in the pecking order but we'll have to see what happens in the next few games.  I'm in a 16 teamer and was able to get him off of waivers hoping that he can at least become a useful bye week filler.  As stated, I'm tempering expectations because he's on the Dolphins.

Edited by sjm76

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I still think that he at least needs an injury to Jordan Howard for that to be even a remote possibility of happening.  It looks like he at least may be ahead of Breida now in the pecking order but we'll have to see what happens in the next few games.  I'm in a 16 teamer and was able to get him off of waivers hoping that he can at least become a useful bye week filler.  As stated, I'm tempering expectations because he's on the Dolphins.

He just has to get major snaps and I think it can happen without an injury. He just need to demonstrate superiority over Howard and Breida. I don't consider it a tall task. Bad teams can still churn out great fantasy backs, especially if they can catch, e.g. Fournette last year.

I believe Flores falls under the umbrella of rational coaching and won't need an injury to force their hand on a decision on RB.

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I believe Flores falls under the umbrella of rational coaching and won't need an injury to force their hand on a decision on RB.

Flores comes from the school of Beli.  He has no loyalty nor does he care how much a guy is getting paid. He's putting the best player in there.  If Gaskins continues to do well in his opportunities and Howard/Breida falter, Gaskins will get more and more playing time.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SGagne said:

Flores comes from the school of Beli.  He has no loyalty nor does he care how much a guy is getting paid. He's putting the best player in there.  If Gaskins continues to do well in his opportunities and Howard/Breida falter, Gaskins will get more and more playing time.  

For the sake of one of my teams, I hope that Gaskin runs away with the job but unless Howard gets injured I just don't see it happening.

• Like 1

At least I found my Barkley AND Mostert replacement. Gaskin can score as much as both of them combined, right?

Not joking.  My new starting backfield is Gaskin/Michel. 

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Was able to catch some clips and he looked awesome. Strong hold for now if you can afford it.

Links?

Looked great today. I wish they would just commit to him, even in short yardage situations he's proven to be better than Howard.

11 hours ago, Proto24 said:

Looked great today. I wish they would just commit to him, even in short yardage situations he's proven to be better than Howard.

Eventually. Howard has offered zero beyond the short yardage plunge.

I would say Breida looks ok, but he has been played exclusively as a runner (???)...

I saw the snapshare stats. The Gaskin played 65% of the snaps again, with Howard getting the first carry of the game again.