MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Looks good. Solid RB3 with RB2 upside some weeks. 60+% snap share both weeks and the receiving back. TDs will come eventually 

Perfect for bench depth and a bye week filler.

Well, Gaskin is my CMC fill in for the next 4-6 weeks. I’m sure I’ll barely even notice a difference...

• Haha 2

Took a flyer on him for free on Sunday morning and I'm glad I did.  RB's are dropping like flies and if he holds his current volume this guy will be a nice asset as depth or a trade filler for a RB needy team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Took a flyer on him for free on Sunday morning and I'm glad I did.  RB's are dropping like flies and if he holds his current volume this guy will be a nice asset as depth or a trade filler for a RB needy team.

poor mans ekeler or James white type with more rushing work. Dolphins offense will improve after 2 tough matchups 

Looks like he's slightly breaking out but it's still a RBBC mess. Definitely a flex player that serves a purpose on rosters that are truly beaten up. 

• Like 1

He was great in college, and then had a slightly down SR year.  I liked what I saw out of him at Washington and then when the draft came around was surprised where he went.  He didn't flash much last year, but then didn't really have much of a chance to.  He easily looked like the best back when he came in.  It was a very noticeable difference.   He also was involved in the passing game which was a nice bonus. I'm trying to stash everywhere I can.

He will always have a soft spot for beating Dwayne Washington out of a job. I hate that dude so much.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2

Good bench stash for a bye week filler with a chance of more from an injury to Howard or Breida.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, Proto24 said:

Well, Gaskin is my CMC fill in for the next 4-6 weeks. I’m sure I’ll barely even notice a difference...

I just spit coffee all over my laptop.  Where can I send the bill?

Seriously though, you could do worse on the waiver wire if you missed out on the big names this week.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, Proto24 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Looks like he's slightly breaking out but it's still a RBBC mess. Definitely a flex player that serves a purpose on rosters that are truly beaten up. 

The interesting thing is, it’s not really an RBBC mess. He got 63% snap count and 65% snap count. While that isn’t bellcow like numbers it’s honestly damn close in the modern NFL. Obviously, the carries haven’t been there but I think snap count is the best indicator long term of the split.

I’ll probably roll him out this week. I honestly think he’s the best start out of every single RB that’s been picked up from the wire lately other than McKinnon. Short week and against a team that likely isn’t to put you in a huge hole can present nice running opportunities. Something like 12/60 and 5/35 seems really possible with an outside chance at a TD.

He has a nice match up this week. If he does well, this could boost his value. I was offered a 2021 4th, $25 in blind bidding $ & Beasley for him in dynasty PPR. I declined as Beasley would not crack my lineup

He looks to have a safe floor, and a shot at 15+ with a TD. Why isn't he more hyped? Back to back weeks of 65%~ snaps. Main back in MIAMI. 

Edited by Travis Burten

17 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

He looks to have a safe floor, and a shot at 15+ with a TD. Why isn't he more hyped? Back to back weeks of 65%~ snaps. Main back in MIAMI. 

Seems to have passed Breida

Went into manic waiver strategy mode last night to fill my Saquon spot.

Woke up this morning to find Myles Gaskin on my roster.

"How much did I drink last night?"

Sees comparisons to early Austin Ekeler and a decently friendly schedule.

Welcome Myles!

• Haha 5

Probably gonna make my lineup this week in a free league. 

Haven't gotten to watch the dolphins games so not sure if he is getting so much run because of injuries to Howard and breida or because he is the preferred back. 

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Haven't gotten to watch the dolphins games so not sure if he is getting so much run because of injuries to Howard and breida or because he is the preferred back. 

I'm starting him this week to due injuries. But he is good and been out playing both Howard and brieda

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

I think the concern is the TDs, Howard seems to be their preferred goal line back for now.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Howard is a bonafide bum and while Breida is solid he isn’t built to handle a lot of work. Also, they’ve been healthy Gaskin has just been better.

The coaching staff had a lot of positive to say about him throughout training camp. If Breida were to go down I’d say there’s some RB2 potential. 

• Like 4

On 9/17/2020 at 6:43 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if ya have the Ravens rook, too?

🍧 Gaskin-Dobbins 🍨

Dobbins feels like an afterthought now.

This is all Gaskin Robbin' touches from JoHo and Brieda going forward.

If he finds enough relevance to make it in my starting lineup this year, I'm anointing him '31 Flavors'.

• Haha 2

Soooo the Jags have the 3rd worst pass defense so far and Gaskin is catching passes in bunches. Do they lean on him this game to keep them in it? I think yes.

Think we are gonna have a nice performance tomorrow night: 

97 rushing yards & 1 TD

15 receiving yards on 3 catches

id love to see a break out game... so i know I can start him