MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I'm not sure what Herbert has to do with Tua.  Trubisky went before Mahomes if you're using draft slot as some sort of reference.   My take on Tua is based on the reports I read that weren't very favorable.  It's all purely speculative tho.

They are rookie QBs. Just wondering if you expected a drop-off with Herbert when he came in like you do with tua when he eventually plays?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

12 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I'm not sure what Herbert has to do with Tua.  Trubisky went before Mahomes if you're using draft slot as some sort of reference.   My take on Tua is based on the reports I read that weren't very favorable.  It's all purely speculative tho.

Only bad report about Tua was his health. Everything else is above average about him I do believe  right?r

I'm hoping that Gaskin can score at least 10-12 points in my half PPR league.  I really think the Dolphins should give him 12-15 carries tonight to see if he can be the clear main guy.

50 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I'm hoping that Gaskin can score at least 10-12 points in my half PPR league.  I really think the Dolphins should give him 12-15 carries tonight to see if he can be the clear main guy.

Really hoping for this. A dozen carries and 5 or 6 targets in a prime time game. This could be his "take over the backfield" game. 

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't find any dolphins highlights of Gas Can but love these college highlights 

Yeah he was pretty good in college for sure

Just traded for this guy. 

Dont want to get assistant coach specific over here, but for anyone interested in what his value is around in the market, I got him for around RB54 value.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can't find any dolphins highlights of Gas Can but love these college highlights 

He is a little leaner/thinner but he reminds me of Emmitt Smith. They have the same running style - fluid moves/start and stop and start ability/low center of gravity/bounce off defenders.

Edited by nine9s

Anyone know the story behind his nickname, Sandman? 

Edited by nine9s

2 hours ago, dave.zavala89 said:

any reason why he hasn't ran away with the job already?

He has, 62% snap count.

7 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Anyone know the story behind his nickname, Sandman? 

His game runs deep, so deep, he'll put that a** to sleep.

Give me a reason to slip this guy into my fantasy tank tonight!

Can this Gas-Can give us some fantasy Myles?

Wow I am embarrassing myself with these puns. But I so badly want to flex him!

27 touches. And it wasn't all garbage time. The line is comically bad, but it's his backfield. PPR RB2 ROS?

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

27 touches. And it wasn't all garbage time. The line is comically bad, but it's his backfield. PPR RB2 ROS?

the amount of work he got was definitely more than encouraging. but RB2 is bit of a stretch right now imo

27 touches.... 27???

He is taking over this backfield sooner than later. 

77% of snaps tonight. Only Zeke and CMC have played a higher percentage of their team's snaps in 2020.

Edited by next big thing cp84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Low RB2 based on volume alone but GL work looks to belong to Howard.

Looks like Kalen Ballage light out there with his lack of efficiency.

3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

27 touches.... 27???

He is taking over this backfield sooner than later. 

77% of snaps tonight. Only Zeke and CMC have played a higher percentage of their team's snaps in 2020.

He's the guy. The only problem is the line, and the likelihood that there will be many negative gamescripts. I still think he's immediately startable in PPR leagues. 

Couple things for people just looking at the box score:

1. Jaguars are horrible but their run defense is not. They shut down Henry and shut down the Colts run game week 1. Two teams with elite run offenses

2. He did nice in the first half. The game was over in the second half. They just slammed him up the middle.

This game was an awful game script for every Dolphins player. They went up big early and Jaguars couldn’t do anything to make it interesting so Dolphins ran boring plays to grind clock. 

• Like 5

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Low RB2 based on volume alone but GL work looks to belong to Howard.

Looks like Kalen Ballage light out there with his lack of efficiency.

But Gaskin also had like 5 or 6 carries around the 5 yard line. Howard only came in when they literally got to the one. Gaskin easily could have had a TD or 2 tonight. Again, main problem is that the line is garbage. 

• Like 1

Yeah he seems kind of like a JAG as a runner but his pass catching ability means that he should still capitalize fairly well off his high snap %. I think he's a lower end RB2 ROS. 

Edited by BearDownBears

Just now, ajs723 said:

But Gaskin also had like 5 or 6 carries around the 5 yard line. Howard only came in when they literally got to the one. Gaskin easily could have had a TD or 2 tonight. Again, main problem is that the line is garbage. 

Unfortunately that problem isn't going away this season.

Love the workload but this may have been the most positive game script they'll see all season, leading by 2+ scores for almost the entire game

1 minute ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Love the workload but this may have been the most positive game script they'll see all season, leading by 2+ scores for almost the entire game

Wrong. The game script sucked for the entire team. The Jaguars offense was so useless that they went to the most vanilla packages I’ve seen. Gaskin was doing pretty solid efficiency wise before they started to slam him up the middle.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

I think they’ll start giving it to Gaskin at the GL eventually. Sure Howard got in once but he looks terrible out there.