MyFistYourFace

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

That's just how stathead does the statistics. I mean take it up with them as to why the statistic isn't <=5 yard line and is <5. 

Anyway you look at it you have a RB splitting 50/50 'inside' the 10 and isn't used inside the 3. That's not the best for a RB on a team where he will be hard pressed to not have most game scripts go sideways on him. 

And there's nothing misleading it's simply the stat on the site for redzone rushing that I published a link for, but I know the nuance is probably lost on you.

The stat alone isn’t misleading, and it’s not the problem I have to begin with. My issue is your application of it. Citing the 8:1 Howard-Gaskin usage “inside” the 5 yard line to demonstrate your point that he’s an ignored option is misleading. So if we chose to instead say “on or inside the 5-yard line”, all of a sudden he’s splitting rushes 50-50 with Howard based on the most recent sample. That’s a rosier picture than “8:1 inside the 5-yard line, wouldn’t you agree? And I’ve already conceded that it’s possible or even likely he’d get vultured on the 1 or 2 yard line in the future. You can get catty if you want, but you’re using semantics and arbitrary endpoints to prove a point. 

if anything, last night’s game proved he’s fairly game script-proof. He’s the only back that catches passes for them when they’re behind and they had no problem letting him pound the rock when they were ahead. I fail to see your logic. 

He looked good, but he also looked tiny. I don't know how he'll hold up with that much work.

• Like 1

The GL argument works until you realize Howard is absolutely horrible and won’t see the field in a few weeks. 

23 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Asiata-esque

What go you have against Asiata - he was Gale Sayers in comparison.

17 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

What go you have against Asiata - he was Gale Sayers in comparison.

Dude!  Too soon!

56 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Asiata-esque

Asiata had about 40lbs on him.

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

He looked good, but he also looked tiny. I don't know how he'll hold up with that much work.

I agree he looks tiny out there. Everytime he runs i feel he's gonna get hurt but he did have 1000 touches in college

50 minutes ago, Everynameistaken said:

I agree he looks tiny out there. Everytime he runs i feel he's gonna get hurt but he did have 1000 touches in college

The same as Edwards-Helaire or MJD. Gaskin isn't as stocky as the other too though. Lock him next offseason in the weight room and his game might reach the next level.

40 minutes ago, fachowski said:

The same as Edwards-Helaire or MJD. Gaskin isn't as stocky as the other too though. Lock him next offseason in the weight room and his game might reach the next level.

His game last night was similar to many of his games at UW - lots of volume, not many fireworks. His ceiling is capped by his body imo. He's 5-10 200 - weight room won't change that too much.

29 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

His game last night was similar to many of his games at UW - lots of volume, not many fireworks. His ceiling is capped by his body imo. He's 5-10 200 - weight room won't change that too 

sorry quoted the wrong person. How do I delete this post?

Edited by Everynameistaken

2 hours ago, Everynameistaken said:

He's 5'10" (probably 5'9") 205 and benched in the 80th percentile at the combine. This isn't a little scrawny dude. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's 5'10" (probably 5'9") 205 and benched in the 80th percentile at the combine. This isn't a little scrawny dude. 

Yes I saw that too. Hes bigger than lyndsay n same size as cmc minus 1 1/2 inch in height, but for some reason he looks retiny out there. He does have a lot of touches in college so he's tough

Edited by Everynameistaken
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Everynameistaken said:

I agree he looks tiny out there. Everytime he runs i feel he's gonna get hurt.......

Every time Todd Gurley, Christian McCaffrey, Saquan Barkley or any other RB I own touches the ball I fear that they might get hurt too. 

It's the NFL. The lifespan of a RB's prime is often short lived. 

6 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Enjoy him while it lasts. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

His game last night was similar to many of his games at UW - lots of volume, not many fireworks. His ceiling is capped by his body imo. He's 5-10 200 - weight room won't change that too much.

I heard these same arguments on this forum 3 years ago about CMAC

Size is overrated.

25 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Size is overrated.

It ain’t about the size of the boat it’s about the motion in the ocean.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

It ain’t about the size of the boat it’s about the motion in the ocean.

Hes Right GIF by moodman - Find & Share on GIPHY

His name is a good description of his value.

He's a gas can that can top you off a few extra miles to get you down the road in your season.

I appreciate everyone trying to pump him, but he's not built to have a big tank.

Put him in the backseat and only use him when your horsepower runs low and needs a quick boost.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

His name is a good description of his value.

He's a gas can that can top you off a few extra miles to get you down the road in your season.

I appreciate everyone trying to pump him, but he's not built to have a big tank.

Put him in the backseat and only use him when your horsepower runs low and needs a quick boost.

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Asiata had about 40lbs on him.

Forty pounds on Howard?? That’s who he was Asiata-esque. 

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I heard these same arguments on this forum 3 years ago about CMAC

Size is overrated.

McCaffrey is clearly one of the most gifted athletes in the world so I think you can go ahead and say he's the exception to the norm. People are right to question Gaskin's ability to wear 27 touches in a game given he's relatively tiny by NFL standards.

Edited by LongBalls

7 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

People are right to question Gaskin's ability to wear 27 touches in a game given he's relatively tiny by NFL standards.

Except people aren't speculating that it's possible. He literally just did it. There's video evidence and everything. 

• Haha 1