Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

9/14 - GAME DAY THREAD

Good to see Senzel back. Would like to see him end season on a high note, it's clear [Akiyama] is no risk of taking his job, given health. 

Edited by tonycpsu

Good luck to anyone in the playoffs! Check the schedule this week, lots of double headers to take advantage of. STL has 10 games this week! 

• Like 3

Let's go PABLOPEZ!! Get it back today, baby. No JT, No Rhys, take advantage.

25 minutes ago, aapox said:

Let's go PABLOPEZ!! Get it back today, baby. No JT, No Rhys, take advantage.

I am nervous for you about Pablo. He certainly passes the eye test. Hope it turns out well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

I am nervous for you about Pablo. He certainly passes the eye test. Hope it turns out well. 

Appreciate that :)Our league is so tight on Wins I gotta roll him out there even though his walks have killed me. I think between the short game and Philly's weakened line-up, it's worth it, but I'll be watching closely. 

Me watching ANY of my pitchers: "No walks! <pause> No walks! <pause> No walks!" hahaha

Edited by aapox
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

alright... 1 batter, 1 home run to center. LOL

Pablo is done...he does not have the stuff for mlb

5 minutes ago, aapox said:

alright... 1 batter, 1 home run to center. LOL

He's a good pitcher. I would have started him too if I had him.  

• Like 1

@Rotofan24 thanks. He came back for 3 straight weakly hit balls, but did burn 21? pitches. Only 1 hit and 1 run though, so we'll take it! NO WALKS! :P

I got Jesus going today. I'm nervous about him...he's sometimes brilliant, but sometimes implodes. Every time I watch him pitch though I think he's sooooo good. 

Go Kim!  Go Burnes!

Thankfully Kim is pitching the first game and Burnes is pitching the 2nd of the doubleheader...

Pablo is back, baby! Amen on Burnsey. @KilloWertz so far so good on Kim. He looks great. Offense is still garbage though.

2 hours ago, Rotofan24 said:

I got Jesus going today. I'm nervous about him...he's sometimes brilliant, but sometimes implodes. Every time I watch him pitch though I think he's sooooo good. 

Sadly, he imploded in the 5th and can't even get the last out to give himself a chance at a win at least. Ugh

Just now, Blood Brother said:

Sadly, he imploded in the 5th and can't even get the last out to give himself a chance at a win at least. Ugh

One day he will be so good. I think he just doesn't have the stamina... Not sure if mental or physical 

I picked up Soria for a 1-day pinch to help with my ratios that have been dwindling. What a disaster. I hate fantasy baseball :P

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Pablo is done...he does not have the stuff for mlb

According to you everyone is a "bum," terrible and shouldn't play baseball and also "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."  Pablo looked pretty good to me.

• Like 2

Man, I need to watch some of Kwang-Hyun Kim's starts.... dude keeps pitching like an absolute ace and I have no idea if it's legit 

4 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Let's go Touissant

So much for that.

Never thought I’d be benching JD Martinez for DJ Stewart, yet here we are. 3-run dinger for DJ to start the week. Have a week, kid!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aapox said:

I picked up Soria for a 1-day pinch to help with my ratios that have been dwindling. What a disaster. I hate fantasy baseball :P

It can be a real kick in the nuts at times. All you can do is strive to make good decisions and hope the results follow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

It can be a real kick in the nuts at times. All you can do is strive to make good decisions and hope the results follow.

Agreed. Thanks for the shout, I appreciate it :) Process > results for sure. Burnsy gonna even things out for me/us!

• Like 1

I'm loving how good Albies has been since his return: .391, 2 HRs, 3 STLs, 5 RBIs and 7 runs in 23 ABs. 

• Like 1