Dreams And Dwightmares

2020 FAAB Questions and Discussion

I drafted him in both lol. 

14x17 and 12x17 so it's pretty deep. 

With Marlon Mack out though I assume Hines is gonna have a pretty large role. 

I know it's a 1 game sample size but look at ekeler with rivers last year (7 targets per game). Now look at ekeler, ghost town. 

I think Hines might be the new ekeler, and if you could get that you'd spend whatever it takes to get him I imagine. 

I'd go at least 40%, but maybe 60%. Just depends on your league. We've been auction for 5 years now and have never had a max play early in the season. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Thoughts on FAAB bid for the following?  I have Engram as my TE, but did not like what I saw yesterday.  Want to leverage another TE in case.  10 Team .5 PPR.  $100 of FAAB, I have $98 left.

Fant:

Hockenson:

Jonnu Smith:

Goedert:

1 hour ago, zen25 said:

What would be good bid to get him in a 10 team PPR.

Only my second year in a FAAB system, so I tend to underbid, but I'd go $25?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I drafted him in both lol. 

14x17 and 12x17 so it's pretty deep. 

With Marlon Mack out though I assume Hines is gonna have a pretty large role. 

I know it's a 1 game sample size but look at ekeler with rivers last year (7 targets per game). Now look at ekeler, ghost town. 

I think Hines might be the new ekeler, and if you could get that you'd spend whatever it takes to get him I imagine. 

I'd go at least 40%, but maybe 60%. Just depends on your league. We've been auction for 5 years now and have never had a max play early in the season. 

Yeah I initially had it at 25%, upped to a little over 50% this morning. Maybe have it even higher before I go to bed tonight. My league is pretty deep and he's the only really attractive add on waivers and RB is my weakest position

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, croikee said:

Thoughts on FAAB bid for the following?  I have Engram as my TE, but did not like what I saw yesterday.  Want to leverage another TE in case.  10 Team .5 PPR.  $100 of FAAB, I have $98 left.

Fant:

Hockenson:

Jonnu Smith:

Goedert:

Imo, I think Goedert or Fant goes for the most. If wanting to save some $, I would consider maybe $10-$15 on TJ. I think Goedert may require $40-$50, since PHI doesn't have much in terms of WR. Definitely let others chime in, as this is only my 2nd year in an auction type league. GL!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Imo, I think Goedert or Fant goes for the most. If wanting to save some $, I would consider maybe $10-$15 on TJ. I think Goedert may require $40-$50, since PHI doesn't have much in terms of WR. Definitely let others chime in, as this is only my 2nd year in an auction type league. GL!

Are you a mod good sir? 

We've had this thread pinned for 4-5 years now. 

Could you please do this again this year? 

Lol, and I'm dumb. Looks like it is. I just replied to a notification and didn't initially realize. Sorry. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

Somebody needs to post the Footballguys waiver column when it gets posted... has recommended FAAB values for each player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, croikee said:

Fant:

Hockenson:

Jonnu Smith:

Goedert:

I'm really curious on thoughts here as well. In my 10 team league, Hockenson and Fant are already rostered. Hurst is my only TE so I'm thinking of putting $27 in for Goedert...does that 20-30% of FAAB money seem accurate for him or should people be spending even more?

On 9/14/2020 at 12:48 PM, owenmills said:

How much you guys dropping on Hines in .5 PPR leagues?

Nyheim Hines, Colts (FAAB at least 70%) (Own 34%)  Marlon Mack suffered a torn achilles in Week 1 and will miss the rest of the season. This opened the door for not only Jonathan Taylor, who is almost certainly owned in your league, but also for Hines to receive more opportunities. Hines was always expected to have a role as a pass catcher, but the path for targets has cleared up and we saw it firsthand in Week 1. Hines played in 39 of the 74 offensive snaps for the Colts on Sunday and led the backfield with 28 routes run, eight targets, and eight receptions. Hines also ran the ball seven times, which was the second most attempts from anyone on this backfield. He also led the Colts in red zone targets with two and in red zone rush attempts with four. He finished the day with 73 total yards, eight receptions, and two touchdowns, which equates to 27.3 fantasy points in most PPR settings. Ultimately, this is going to be Taylor’s backfield and he will be the Colts featured back, but Hines will still have a solidified role in the passing game. Considering the injury to Mack, Hines’ ability to catch passes out of the backfield, and Philip Rivers history of dumping it off to his running back (has targeted his running back in 22 percent of his attempts since 2010, second highest of the 32 current starting quarterbacks in that timeframe), Hines should continue to be a quality PPR back and offer a stable floor for fantasy owners, with plenty of upside. Normally I don’t want to push the slam button on waivers after just one week, but Hines is a priority pickup and could end up being a difference maker for fantasy owners moving forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

How much is enough to drop on Malcolm Brown? 10 team league, I was going to bid $45.

following, as I'm in a 12 team auction league. Trying to decide if I should put in around $50 for Brown or Snell?

5 minutes ago, phillyball said:

Gonna drop $70 of my $100 budget - Hines or Kelley?  I have Taylor 

With you having JT, I lean Hines. But getting Kelley is also a win. Feel LAC will get him more involved too. 

suggested % on dallas goedart? are people overspending and going to regret dropping a large chunk of cash on him? week 1 overreaction? what will happen when things flip and ertz gets 8 targets and dallas gets 3?

On 9/16/2020 at 12:21 PM, dannyz6969 said:

suggested % on dallas goedart? are people overspending and going to regret dropping a large chunk of cash on him? week 1 overreaction? what will happen when things flip and ertz gets 8 targets and dallas gets 3?

Probably too late for you but I dropped $10 on him and won by $9 dollars lol.  

On 9/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, dannyz6969 said:

In his last 9 games, he's getting over 80% of the offensive snaps,  has 71 targets with 52 catches for 560 Yards and 3 TDs. You absolutely should get him on your team. Drop 15% if needed. 

11 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

10 team 2 QB league. How much FAAB will be enough for Herbert? Wire is bare, he’s the best on it. 

What's your allotted FAAB $? 100? Also who are your starting QBs?

As a McCaffrey and Mostert owner, how much FAAB should I drop for McKinnon?

This is my current roster in an 8 team .5ppr league:

QB: Kyler Murray, Josh Allen

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, James Conner, David Johnson, Raheem Mostert, Zack Moss

WR: Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Terry McLaurin, DJ Chark, Devante Parker, Marvin Jones

TE: Hayden Hurst, Hunter Henry

D/ST: Titans

K: Zane Gonzalez