Dreams And Dwightmares

2020 FAAB Questions and Discussion

17 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Someone dropped Brady and I just lost Dak. How much do I bid here? I've got 79/100 left.

It depends on the league. Any other teams need a QB or have any QBs coming up on bye week? Guys like Herbert and Dalton were going for insane amounts due to desperation. Who else is in FAs? I'd probably say do 25, but that's without knowing the deets.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

It depends on the league. Any other teams need a QB or have any QBs coming up on bye week? Guys like Herbert and Dalton were going for insane amounts due to desperation. Who else is in FAs? I'd probably say do 25, but that's without knowing the deets.

12 team league. 

Worst QB situation besides me of course is a guy who owns Stafford and Rivers.

My opponent this week has Russell wilson on bye and currently starting Daniel Jones so he might be my main competition. We have roughly the same FAAB left.

I don't think anyone else would drop substantial money, though there are plenty of teams rolling with no QB2 like I was. The Dak injury had a unique way of reminding everyone to consider grabbing a backup.

I grabbed Fitzpatrick on waivers, the same waiver night that resulted in brady being dropped. Great matchup this week but on bye next week.

Other QBs available:

Carr

Mayfield

Cousins

Foles

Beyond those options, I wouldn't ever want to stream the rest. So it's a bit dicey to take a strictly stream approach and I think I'd rather have Brady rest of season than even an ideal combination of the above week to week. Especially with Godwin coming back.

There I think that's a good amount of deets 🤓

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

There I think that's a good amount of deets 🤓

I'd stick with $21-25. If you don't get him then stream Cousins against Atlanta. If you have a droppable player on the end of bench, I'd just pick up Carr and Cousins and play matchups. Imo, he's really not much better than Goff at this point.

48 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'd stick with $21-25. If you don't get him then stream Cousins against Atlanta. If you have a droppable player on the end of bench, I'd just pick up Carr and Cousins and play matchups. Imo, he's really not much better than Goff at this point.

Surprised based on your username you don't recommend sticking Fitz ha.  Because I was thinking about doing what you recommended with Carr and Fitz. Definitely think Brady is my best bet and looking at the schedule I don't see any matchups to run away from and the playoff schedule is super tasty.

14 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Surprised based on your username you don't recommend sticking Fitz ha.  Because I was thinking about doing what you recommended with Carr and Fitz. Definitely think Brady is my best bet and looking at the schedule I don't see any matchups to run away from and the playoff schedule is super tasty.

You could do that too, I just like Cousins against Atlanta this week. But hopefully you can just grab Brady with the FAAB and not have to worry about it.

Looking at firsker to replace engram ballpark $16 right now, feels expensive for few week replacement but my teams like JG WENTWORTH...  “it’s my money I need it now”

Diontae was just dropped. Thoughts on an amount? Have $125 left out of $200. Thinking $40, but in this league, someone paid $52 for B Scott & they don't have Miles.

Following RB are FA: Hyde, Hasty, Gallman, Perine, Moss, J Wilson (probably out a bit)

Have #2 FAAB claim, with $125 left to spend. Who should I & how much?

My RB: Mixon, CEH, Lindsay, D Freeman, Murray

WR: K Allen, Moore, AJB, Landry

TE: TJ & Tonyan. QB: Brady & Cam(dropping)

Hyde for $65. Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Following RB are FA: Hyde, Hasty, Gallman, Perine, Moss, J Wilson (probably out a bit)

Have #2 FAAB claim, with $125 left to spend. Who should I & how much?

My RB: Mixon, CEH, Lindsay, D Freeman, Murray

WR: K Allen, Moore, AJB, Landry

TE: TJ & Tonyan. QB: Brady & Cam(dropping)

Hyde for $65. Thoughts?

I wish we knew more about the Carson injury. Latest is "week-week". Not sure if that's a 2-week stretch or maybe a 4-week stretch - important info if we're going after a FA

• Like 1

If someone says you should bid "x or % amount" is that based off the original FAAB budget (in this case $100)....or how much you have left? (in this case $92 or however much).

Thanks!

Edited by jagsfan05

18 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

If someone says you should bid "x or % amount" is that based off the original FAAB budget (in this case $100)....or how much you have left? (in this case $92 or however much).

Thanks!

I try to post the balance of FAAB I have, so when others respond, they usually go off that. But others may comment on here & do that differently. 

22 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

I try to post the balance of FAAB I have, so when others respond, they usually go off that. But others may comment on here & do that differently. 

No I meant as a general rule of thumb. Because sometimes when looking at websites that talk about waiver wire and how much FAAB to bid for certain players, they give a percentage so I'm just wondering what that percentage is based off of. So I'm just asking if someone says you should bid "x or % amount" is that based off the original FAAB budget (in this case $100)....or how much you have left? (in this case $92 or however much).

15 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

No I meant as a general rule of thumb. Because sometimes when looking at websites that talk about waiver wire and how much FAAB to bid for certain players, they give a percentage so I'm just wondering what that percentage is based off of. So I'm just asking if someone says you should bid "x or % amount" is that based off the original FAAB budget (in this case $100)....or how much you have left? (in this case $92 or however much).

The answer is straight forward.  Anytime someone mentions a percentage, they are talking about percentage of original budget, end of story.  Percentage of an individual's remaining fab makes no sense.  It is simply a way to normalize for different starting budgets ($100 vs. $200 vs. whatever).

Edited by esprits4s
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, esprits4s said:

The answer is straight forward.  Anytime someone mentions a percentage, they are talking about percentage of original budget, end of story.  Percentage of an individual's remaining fab makes no sense.  It is simply a way to normalize for different starting budgets ($100 vs. $200 vs. whatever).

Thank you! Just wanting to be sure. I appreciate your help.

15 hours ago, Moyer52 said:

How much % on Jordan Reed? Have Henry and Gesicki. Weak at position. 

Imo, no more than 15%. He is a solid TE, but very injury prone. 

6 hours ago, herschel said:

for rb needy teams, are we going all in on ahmed?

I would consider it, especially if you have Gaskin. MIA won't have to rush him back, with how Ahmed is playing.

Spend my last $30 for Damien Harris?

It's crazy to me how dead this thread is. Only 4 pages for the entire season so far, you would think more people would play FAAB/have FAAB questions