Albertasmooth

Russell Gage 2020 Outlook

43 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Is anyone rolling him out there this week?  

Hard to say Juilo Jones participated in walkthroughs at practice and Ridley (ankle) did not practice and Gage practice today

We still love this guy with everyone healthy? Where do we think he'll ranked at the end of the year for a WR? Top 30? Better?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

We still love this guy with everyone healthy? Where do we think he'll ranked at the end of the year for a WR? Top 30? Better?

With everyone healthy? He's the #3 in his own team, Top 30 is a stretch. He's #29 right now with a big week one and a gimpy Julio, and WRs dropping like flies across the league.

31 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

With everyone healthy? He's the #3 in his own team, Top 30 is a stretch. He's #29 right now with a big week one and a gimpy Julio, and WRs dropping like flies across the league.

You in PPR? He's 27 in mine . Also yes with everyone healthy. Atlanta seems to be able to support 3wrs

He's 29 in my half PPR, and that's with the early week 3 exit due to the concussion; I think he was actually around WR10 through the first two weeks. Maybe his upside is somewhere in the middle (low-end WR2 / high-end WR3).

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

You in PPR? He's 27 in mine . Also yes with everyone healthy. Atlanta seems to be able to support 3wrs

They definitely can, but I think top 30 is where he'll sit at best. I did forget the early exit though.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

They definitely can, but I think top 30 is where he'll sit at best. I did forget the early exit though.

I can live with that. Especially a free pickup post draft. I have Julio so Gage is my handcuff. Julio's the only WR that I think needs a handcuff lol. So weird saying that about a WR 😂

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

his biggest games were with julio and ridley also he didnt even play much last game he left early with a concussion. missing a game and still being top 30 seems pretty good.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I can live with that. Especially a free pickup post draft. I have Julio so Gage is my handcuff. Julio's the only WR that I think needs a handcuff lol. So weird saying that about a WR 😂

This year I think a lot may deserve handcuffs. And I've literally never had that thought before. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, meekzy said:

his biggest games were with julio and ridley also he didnt even play much last game he left early with a concussion. missing a game and still being top 30 seems pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, I own him in one league and am perfectly happy. I just don't expect more than Top 30 without an injury.

39 minutes ago, meekzy said:

15 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Don't get me wrong, I own him in one league and am perfectly happy. I just don't expect more than Top 30 without an injury.

He does much better with the team fully healthy.  

Julio & Ridley drawing mad coverage away. Thus opening up easy receptions for Gage + TD's

The man is a classic possession slot receiver. Not a #1 or #2 , but needs those guys opposite of him to succeed.

If Ridley misses time maybe that changes the landscape. Gage can do some of those things + garner a bunch more targets.

But Julio helps him way more than hurts him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

depends, if the falcons game scripts go anywhere near how they have lately he could easily be top 30. also falcons are taking a lot of heat of taking their foot off the gas on offense after two huge choke jobs, even ahead they know they need to move the ball and score. just need him healthy and contributing!

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

How much FAAB would you guys be willing to drop on this guy if he was on waivers? 

5-10% ish. You can't grab him right now for free?

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11

3 hours ago, gsiegel said:

This year I think a lot may deserve handcuffs. And I've literally never had that thought before. 

used to be lazard with Adams. but he out now :(

i dont trust MVS

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, JEREMY LIN said:

How much FAAB would you guys be willing to drop on this guy if he was on waivers? 

It's not so much a question as to what one is willing to bid for Gage right now, it's what one would need to bid on him in order to land him. It's like this...

If Gage - the Falcons WR #3 - hasn't already been picked up in your league by now and is still toiling around on waivers at this point, considering that his latest performance comes on the heels of a week where - whether he departed the game early in the first half with a concussion or not - on the surface, he only registered 2 catches for 23 yards in the absence of Julio; and, at least as of this juncture, heads into a week where his playing status still up in the air after having only participated in one limited practice session so far to date this week, and thus, carry's a questionable tag for his status on Sunday....

A $1 minimum bid should suffice.

And if you really want him and don't want to leave it to chance that maybe you lose him in a matching $1 minimum bid tie-breaker scenario?....

Then bump it up to $2 and he's yours.

Edited by Chest-Rockwell

Gage is their go to slot. Even all healthy this Pass happy offense can support all 3. Wasnt gage top 20 ppr before the game 3 injury? i think he can maintain it, of course with the expense of hurst and gurley. 

31 minutes ago, d3nali said:

Gage is their go to slot. Even all healthy this Pass happy offense can support all 3. Wasnt gage top 20 ppr before the game 3 injury? i think he can maintain it, of course with the expense of hurst and gurley. 

I think he was #10 in PPR after week 2.