Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

9/15 - GAME DAY THREAD

16 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Duffy scratched for missing team flight

just rostered him last night since he was lined up to finish the year with detroit, milwaukee, and detroit....now IF he ends up starting tomorrow that will be st louis instead of milwaukee...don't like that at all

is yarbrough supposed to get the bulk relief innings today after curtiss for TB?  could be a sneaky pickup if looking for a win.

Edited by swingbatter

5 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Flaherty QS coming?  Doubt it but no better time than now to start!

yes please! Matchup couldn't be better but some of the Brew Crew have good #'s against him. I think we see him come out and dominate. He had some pretty self-critical comments after his last start that makes me think he'll have an edge about him today.

8 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

is yarbrough supposed to get the bulk relief innings today after curtiss for TB?  could be a sneaky pickup if looking for a win.

GL...he just got smacked by the same club he is facing today in his last outing

hey guys, just a quick Q -- Anyone else find that this place (rotoworld forums) is slowing down in activity?

A lot of old posters gone? 

Just curious your thoughts on the trends here. 

Kinda makes me sad. 

12 minutes ago, Mongeese said:

Football 

COVID-19 is no doubt playing a part as well this season, but yeah, fantasy football is the 800 lb gorilla that draws attention away from the baseball threads every year around this time.

45 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

hey guys, just a quick Q -- Anyone else find that this place (rotoworld forums) is slowing down in activity?

A lot of old posters gone? 

Just curious your thoughts on the trends here. 

Kinda makes me sad. 

NFL...like clockwork

• Like 1

And a postponement because of air quality cause of fires:

Tuesday night's game between the Mariners and Giants has been postponed due to air quality issues in Seattle.

It's sort of remarkable in retrospect that the Mariners and Athletics were able to fit in a doubleheader under smoky skies on Monday at T-Mobile Park. The MLBPA apparently took issue with those games being played at all. Ljay Newsome was scheduled to face off against Tyler Anderson on Tuesday, and those two could potentially match up at San Francisco's Oracle Park on Wednesday or Thursday.

Source: Jared Diamond on Twitter               Sep 15, 2020, 4:49 PM ET

I caught part of the Fox broadcast of one of the games yesterday from Seattle. It looked like thick fog the whole game there the smoke was so bad.

Also today MLB announced that after round one ALL American League playoff games will take place in LA and SD.  Really?  The peak of fire season hasn't even happened yet and they are making the AL "bubble" be southern California?  Really brilliant move ... not.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, checkers said:

SF/Seattle game postponed? Covid related?

You just needed to look at the post literally before yours to get the answer lol

• Like 1

Rooting for a big day for Olson at Coors. Got Gonsolin and Darvish going. I have utmost confidence in Darvish, but Gonsolin? Who knows . . . Padres are so hot right now. 

4 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

Rooting for a big day for Olson at Coors. Got Gonsolin and Darvish going. I have utmost confidence in Darvish, but Gonsolin? Who knows . . . Padres are so hot right now. 

I have Dustin May pitching tomorrow and I really think I'm going to sit him...

• Thanks 1

Just now, aapox said:

I have Dustin May pitching tomorrow and I really think I'm going to sit him...

Tatis has been in a mini slump, but the rest of the lineup is so deadly. I think I'm just going to start all of my starters this week and live or die with the results. 

Padres/Dodgers and White Sox/Twins, such good games tonight. 

Dane Dunning is the rookie pitcher that pitches least like a rookie that I have seen so far this year (apart from Sixto). Full confidence rolling him out against the Twins.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Flaherty QS coming?  Doubt it but no better time than now to start!

18 pitch first and 2 HRs later and my magic 8 ball says “not very likely “