Sign in to follow this  
csv2209

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

I figured I'd start this now. Football season is finally here, and so is the roller coaster of emotions that comes with it!
Who are you looking for as buy low candidates (potentially before they break out), or sell high candidates?
     *I might also add... who are you keeping your eyes on as someone you are trying to get?

i might buy low on antonio gibson, peyton barber got 17 carries but averaged 1.7 YPC. just seems inevitable the vet will be overtaken here shortly especially with such low efficiency and on an offense that could be so much more dynamic.people who drafted him won't feel very comfortable but if i can sit him for a few weeks i feel like it would be worth whatever i ended up paying for him.

Sell high for me is already DJ, Ridley, and Cam. Both have relatively the same reasoning behind them and that being they played above what they are capable of. I expect DJ gets injured later in the year, Cam may have seen his mean with his 25 ppr points, and he may have a few more of these but if you can get a top 4 QB I would move. Ridley same thing, he is capable of being a WR1 but if you can trade him for a hurt MT or Julio as the main guy I wouldnt hesitate

No ones trading you MT or JJ for Calvin. You’d probs could get like Leveon bell or nick Chubb maybe 

• Like 1

Nobody is jumping ship after week 1, but for fun:

Sell High

-David Johnson (injury in 3.....2....)

-OBJ (yikes)

-Gurley (doesn't seem to be part of the offense when fall behind...garbo defense)

-Ekeler (Josh Kelley)

-Godwin/Evans (Tom Brady is cooked)

Buy low

-Nobody is selling after 1 game

-

• Like 2

Sell high:

-Alvin Kamara, he can’t rush anymore he’s a better version of tarik Cohen and that’s good for top 10rb not a top 5.  

Buy Low : George kittle ...... no explanation necessary.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

No ones trading you MT or JJ for Calvin. You’d probs could get like Leveon bell or nick Chubb maybe 

Not saying a 1 v 1 trade but with Thomas injured, people can panic if their teams dont win week 1 and a 2 v 1 trade is very possible. Bell is not worth the grab, and Chubb is losing snap counts to Hunt this year. Maybe josh jacobs or miles sanders you could reach for

1 minute ago, Brye said:

Sell high:

-Alvin Kamara, he can’t rush anymore he’s a better version of tarik Cohen and that’s good for top 10rb not a top 5.  

Buy Low : George kittle ...... no explanation necessary.

kamara just signed a massive deal, the saints are using him til the wheels fall off and it was an example of that tonight. If MT misses time, he will have better weeks ahead especially in PPR

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Not saying a 1 v 1 trade but with Thomas injured, people can panic if their teams dont win week 1 and a 2 v 1 trade is very possible. Bell is not worth the grab, and Chubb is losing snap counts to Hunt this year. Maybe josh jacobs or miles sanders you could reach for

Josh Jacobs??? 😂

10 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Nobody is jumping ship after week 1, but for fun:

Sell High

-David Johnson (injury in 3.....2....)

-OBJ (yikes)

-Gurley (doesn't seem to be part of the offense when fall behind...garbo defense)

-Ekeler (Josh Kelley)

-Godwin/Evans (Tom Brady is cooked)

Buy low

-Nobody is selling after 1 game

-

sell high and you mention OBJ, Ekeler and Evans who all had terrible weeks... maybe the definition of sell high is different to some 

• Like 1

maybe goedert? idk Ertz is at odds with management and they have no WRs so might be a hold actually. I'd love to sell Robby Anderson but no one will buy after 1 blow up week (he's had these in the past then nada, just a boom/bust kinda player)

• Thanks 1

Just now, cheezor42 said:

Josh Jacobs??? 😂

youd be suprised how people overreact to things off 1 week. Bring up Jacobs late injury history and the fact you aren't confident in his attempts to catch from the backfield and you could make it happen especially in 10 team or lower

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

sell high and you mention OBJ, Ekeler and Evans who all had terrible weeks... maybe the definition of sell high is different to some 

Well yeah the definition of sell high is subjective...but you can still sell these players higher than their worth based on their name and perceived worth (draft position).

After only 1 game, folks still factor in draft position above all else.

Edited by meverett85

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

youd be suprised how people overreact to things off 1 week. Bring up Jacobs late injury history and the fact you aren't confident in his attempts to catch from the backfield and you could make it happen especially in 10 team or lower

just cause there’s a few morons out there in low tier leagues who would do this doesn’t mean it’s savvy advice. 

1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

Well yeah the definition of sell high is subjective...but you can still sell these players higher than their worth based on their name and perceived worth (draft position).

Yes but players like DJ and Gurley are more likely to get better value. You tell me someone is buying into OBJ given his season last year AND the bad start? If thats the case, get the crown and run with an easy championship. You hold those guys mentioned until the big week happens, then immediately sell off peoples nostalgia 

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

just cause there’s a few morons out there in low tier leagues who would do this doesn’t mean it’s savvy advice. 

Okay so what about a Tyreek Hill, who has a much higher ceiling but risky floor. You act like everyone in every league is reasonable. Im saying now is the time to sell Ridley off the fact he finished as the number 2 WR this week in PPR and saw amazing amounts of targets. You can get more value than he's worth. Chubb, and Bell are a slap in the face to that value because they will never give you more than what you got from Ridley today

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

After only 1 game, folks still factor in draft position above all else.

Your definition of "sell high" basically is "sell right now at a loss, grab whatever you can get" because you're confident that these proven studs aren't going to get any better.  It's like unloading Tesla because it dropped 30% off its high because you're worried it's only going to continue to go down.  No, you wait until positive news and then try to sell again at its peak.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Your definition of "sell high" basically is "sell right now at a loss, grab whatever you can get" because you're confident that these proven studs aren't going to get any better.  It's like unloading Tesla because it dropped 30% off its high because you're worried it's only going to continue to go down.  No, you wait until positive news and then try to sell again at its peak.

exactly, if you can buy low on these guys, Anthony Miller, Watkins, Crowder for any of these thats a steal based on the ceiling. Then when they go off on a random occurrence, you sell the name

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Yes but players like DJ and Gurley are more likely to get better value. You tell me someone is buying into OBJ given his season last year AND the bad start? If thats the case, get the crown and run with an easy championship. You hold those guys mentioned until the big week happens, then immediately sell off peoples nostalgia 

Well again when I say sell OBJ high...I guess in a way I'm saying get rid of him before more duds show up. You are just selling the name before it becomes apparent he is in a **** situation.

OBJ for let's say....Jonathan Taylor....if that seems far fetched...maybe a Zach Moss or a Dobbins

• Like 1

Just now, meverett85 said:

Well again when I say sell OBJ high...I guess in a way I'm saying get rid of him before more duds show up. You are just selling the name before it becomes apparent he is in a **** situation.

OBJ for let's say....Jonathan Taylor....if that seems far fetched...maybe a Zach Moss or a Dobbins

I see what youre saying, sell the name for someone who has a more prominent role with higher upside down the line. I would say its about even value for the guys youre asking for. My apologies for the misunderstanding 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well I guess I'm saying sell Tesla because I think it's going to go lower....

So, sell those guys because as much as it sucks it's only going down from here. They still have the sexy name....that's it.

• Like 1

I would try to sell high Chris Carson. He's in a full timeshare and it's a matter of when, not if, he will get hurt again.

16 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

maybe goedert? idk Ertz is at odds with management and they have no WRs so might be a hold actually. I'd love to sell Robby Anderson but no one will buy after 1 blow up week (he's had these in the past then nada, just a boom/bust kinda player)

Ertz is the sell to me

Goeder is just better at this point imo

• Like 4

I wouldent trade Jacobs for Thomas here’s why......

1. Jacobs is going to catch 50+ catches this year easily.  Was targeted all 4 times In the second half and he didn’t disappoint.  He juked their LB out of his cleats, and is one of the not reasons they scored on their last td drive.

2. RB is scarce this year, look how many committees their is.  Jacobs is one of the true bell cow RBS left in the league.  

3.  Emanuel sanders is in town and long be hold  he’s going to cut into Thomas’s targets. As the saints haven’t had decent WR 2 opposite Michael Thomas In years.  

Just now, mocha4313 said:

Ertz is the sell to me

Goeder is just better at this point imo

Im agreeing with you here, Ertz will see the reps just because any PHI WRs can never stay healthy but after today, the oline can barely hold for Wentz to get off a good read. If you can sell Ertz for even Mark Andrews I would do that in a heartbeat