Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense. Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

This. Others seem to not to get it but it’s not our duty to explain. If I’m being told Ekeler is a sell high and Corey Davis is a buy low, then this thread is bonkers. That’s my perspective. 

You are my target market.

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Lol buy high? 

Buying high is fine. It means he expects you to get the value that you pay for a player. Not every trade has to be about trying to get a steal. For example, if you have extra wr depth but need a rb, you can buy high on a rb that you expect to give you the same value back as you are paying and not necessarily more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Fascinating. I'm jumping ship wherever possible. What reasons do you have for optimism?

Volume and and yet no one wants him. My favorite combo to trade for.

All it takes is one TD and he’s firmly on RB1 / RB2 borderline.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zen25 said:

This guy needs to be used on passing games and goal line carries.

He could have been a TD monster in Falcons high powered offense. No idea why the coaches continue to use other backs in goal line work.

Personally I think it’s just randomness so far. Sure the upside is gone but he’s clearly their version of a lead back and tied to a good offense.  
 

I mean it’s not like the Falcons have a weird track record of inexplicably ignoring certain players in the red zone or anything...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

Any WR needy team trying to buy low on Allen Robinson this week?

 

The stat lines haven’t been pretty but I think he turns it around.. right?

 

AR could be a good buy low or he could be distracted by the extension negotiations going nowhere.  And just out of spite The Bears for whatever reason just paid Cohen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

 

AR could be a good buy low or he could be distracted by the extension negotiations going nowhere.  And just out of spite The Bears for whatever reason just paid Cohen.

 

I own him and don't know what to make of him. I'm actually worried more about his QB situation than I am the contract negotiations. I wish they'd just move on and start Foles. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

Any WR needy team trying to buy low on Allen Robinson this week?

 

The stat lines haven’t been pretty but I think he turns it around.. right?

 

AJ Green (targeted 13 times last week). Also Edelman (in PPR) I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Borderline desperate owner here. Lost Barkley and Mostert and have a crappy waiver claim. So who are my buy low week 3 RBs to target via trade? Looking for RBs in the H.Henry, A-Rob, McLaurin range. 

IMO you aren't going to be able to get RB2 with guaranteed volume  in this market even if they would normally be comparable value to the guys you listed.  

Put differently, you will be overpaying to get RBs comparable to those guys you listed..  You'll have to spec or gamble buy/trade low on guys like RoJo, Akers, Edmonds, Bell, Mattison etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chargahs said:

Whatever you do, don’t sell Ridley 😂

 

Why? I'm in a trade where I think I could upgrade from Ridley to Davante Adams. I think selling high on Ridley is worth it. His stock will never be higher, and Julio will turn it on at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

 

Why? I'm in a trade where I think I could upgrade from Ridley to Davante Adams. I think selling high on Ridley is worth it. His stock will never be higher, and Julio will turn it on at some point.

Adams hamstring bothers me...........

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

 

Why? I'm in a trade where I think I could upgrade from Ridley to Davante Adams. I think selling high on Ridley is worth it. His stock will never be higher, and Julio will turn it on at some point.

So you think it's a given that Ridley drops way off and plays second fiddle to Julio at some point for the rest of the season? I don't know if I think that'll happen. This is Ridley's 3rd year, and as usual Julio is banged up. Could be the changing of the guard. I wouldn't sell Ridley unless I was getting ALOT back, but you won't because he doesn't have name value like a Julio

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Just bought low on Allen Robinson. How do we feel about him?

Trubisky was his QB last year, and he still put up big numbers... have to think he will right the ship soon, right?

It’s an interesting question because Trubisky just crazy peppered him with targets last year because he couldn’t throw anyone else open to save his life.

Looks much better this year so one would think over time it will work out but who knows. Bears players in general are volatile assets due to him and Nagy. Personally I think Foles would be better for him. 

Regardless it’s a great buy low. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Magoo said:

IMO you aren't going to be able to get RB2 with guaranteed volume  in this market even if they would normally be comparable value to the guys you listed.  

Put differently, you will be overpaying to get RBs comparable to those guys you listed..  You'll have to spec or gamble buy/trade low on guys like RoJo, Akers, Edmonds, Bell, Mattison etc.

 

I get your point, but that really depends on roster construction doesn't it? For example, there might be a team that's been fortunate enough to have dodged the McCaffrey/Barkley/Mostert injuries and who's had the good fortune to hit on later round value picks like J.Robinson and Fournette. And that team could conceivably be deep at RB and weak at WR and/or TE. And there aren't exactly players, at those positions, like Henry and A-Rob available on the waiver wire. And I know it doesn't involve a player I originally listed, but there's one owner in my league who's already made it known that he's willing to work something around T.Hill and Drake so that's at least one RB with guaranteed volume who's available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magoo said:

It’s an interesting question because Trubisky just crazy peppered him with targets last year because he couldn’t throw anyone else open to save his life.

Looks much better this year so one would think over time it will work out but who knows. Bears players in general are volatile assets due to him and Nagy. Personally I think Foles would be better for him. 

Regardless it’s a great buy low. 

 

Agree with this 100%. Trubisky is hot garbage and the sooner the Bears come to terms with that fact they better off we'll all be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got offered Marquise Brown for Joshua Kelley, should I take it? Is that selling high on Kelley?

i have Lamar as my QB and my RBs are: Chubb,Sanders,JRob,Fournette,LindsayMontgomery and Kelley

WR: Amari,Lockett,AJ Green,Cooks and Davis.

Edited by xSouthWESTx
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magoo said:

IMO you aren't going to be able to get RB2 with guaranteed volume  in this market even if they would normally be comparable value to the guys you listed.  

Put differently, you will be overpaying to get RBs comparable to those guys you listed..  You'll have to spec or gamble buy/trade low on guys like RoJo, Akers, Edmonds, Bell, Mattison etc.

this is a good point. with all the injuries you're going to be overpaying for just about any kind of RB right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

this is a good point. with all the injuries you're going to be overpaying for just about any kind of RB right now. 

 

Well with Conner, Mostert, Moss, White, and Michel as my only RBs I might have to. I've already been offered Drake/Hilton or Fuller for T.Hill/Slayton which doesn't seem like much of an overpay...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...