Sign in to follow this  
csv2209

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

5 minutes ago, collucho said:

Justin Jefferson could be a sell high.

Their defense is atrocious and this was his first game in the starting lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Their defense is atrocious and this was his first game in the starting lineup.

This is why I picked his a** up!

28 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Gurley is a sell high this week. Atlanta doesn't know how to use him and he's used very little in the passing game.

Sell high implies his value is all of a sudden high. It isn’t.

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

This is why I picked his a** up!

The difference in his trade value this week and next week assuming he has at least decent floor game is night and day. Let your sage investment grow.

Devonta Freeman a good buy low from an inpatient owner knee-jerk regretting FAAB

JuJu is a good buy low relatively speaking. Still think he ends up a WR1 and maybe top 5. Don’t wait for the splash game.

Mo Alie-Cox buy high. One more week and he becomes untouchable. He’s going to finish top 5 or close at TE.

5 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Devonta Freeman a good buy low from an inpatient owner knee-jerk regretting FAAB

JuJu is a good buy low relatively speaking. Still think he ends up a WR1 and maybe top 5. Don’t wait for the splash game.

Mo Alie-Cox buy high. One more week and he becomes untouchable. He’s going to finish top 5 or close at TE.

Pitt defense and their strong running game is holding Juju back. I love the TDs but for him to really blow up and have top 5 potential they need to start getting into shootouts. I'm not sure how much they even trust Big Ben to sling it that much anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He's had 9 total targets the last two weeks. 3 targets this week. It's going to be extremely difficult to finish top 5 with that target load.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Pitt defense and their strong running game is holding Juju back. I love the TDs but for him to really blow up and have top 5 potential they need to start getting into shootouts. I'm not sure how much they even trust Big Ben to sling it that much anymore. 

Big Ben is slinging it just fine. Just not much a reason to. The Steelers combined record of their opponents so far is 0-9. There will be higher scoring games soon, buy with confidence. 

• Like 1

Joe Mixon is still a buy low for me.

Current owner could be worried about Gio Bernards work and how that cuts into Mixon, but... 

Mixon still tripled his snaps and doubled the routes he ran. Usage is there, talent is there, and the Bengals are still paying him Derrick Henry money so I only see that usage continuing or increasing.

On top of that, Joe Burrow is currently on track for 752 passing attempts, that would break the single season record by almost 30. That passing volume will not continue over the season. 

Downsides of Mixon on are definitely there though, the offensive line isn’t all that good and the rest of season schedule for Mixon is not promising.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He's had 9 total targets the last two weeks. 3 targets this week. It's going to be extremely difficult to finish top 5 with that target load.

That target load will increase. 160 plus yards on 9 targets will do that

Note those targets have more to do with gamescripts. Look at target share. Rivers through the ball 21 times

Cox was the target leader the last two games if I’m not mistaken. Don’t wait.

14 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Is Davante Adams a Buy Low?

Is TY Hilton still a Buy Low?

I don’t think anyone would sell you Adams for a reduced cost

No on Ty. Rivers plus running game might be the nail for his value.

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Big Ben is slinging it just fine. Just not much a reason to. The Steelers combined record of their opponents so far is 0-9. There will be higher scoring games soon, buy with confidence. 

But where are these higher scoring games? They have two games against the Ravens left, so that could be... but those two defenses have that game screaming to me hitting the under. Can definitely see Marcus Peters shutting JuJu down. 

Two games against the Browns... probably not a shootout. Two games against the bengals... nope. Washington... nope. Philadelphia... nope, Slay will shut JuJu down anyway. Colts.... nope. Jaguars... nope. 

Maybe the Bills, Cowboys (if there’s a blow up game, its this one), Titans after what happened this week against MN. But other than that, where are these shootouts coming from?

And on top of that, Diontae Johnson was leading the team in targets before he was hurt. Then when he left the game Chase Claypool, not JuJu led the team in WR snaps. I don’t see JuJu finishing as a WR1, let alone top 5. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

But where are these higher scoring games? They have two games against the Ravens left, so that could be... but those two defenses have that game screaming to me hitting the under. Can definitely see Marcus Peters shutting JuJu down. 

Two games against the Browns... probably not a shootout. Two games against the bengals... nope. Washington... nope. Philadelphia... nope, Slay will shut JuJu down anyway. Colts.... nope. Jaguars... nope. 

Maybe the Bills, Cowboys (if there’s a blow up game, its this one), Titans after what happened this week against MN. But other than that, where are these shootouts coming from?

And on top of that, Diontae Johnson was leading the team in targets before he was hurt. Then when he left the game Chase Claypool, not JuJu led the team in WR snaps. I don’t see JuJu finishing as a WR1, let alone top 5. 

None of those dudes are shutting down Juju. Regardless, they don’t travel to the slot. Humphrey traveled to the slot for Juju last year and got worked. 
side note, damn the Steelers have an easy schedule. 12-4? 

Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

What's the value of Mike Davis? McCaffery owner in my league has Allen Robinson, Hollywood Brown, Metcalf and Fuller. Trying to gauge value. 

Probably depends on his record and likelihood to make the playoffs, to a degree. I have CMC and will likely be 3-0 after today, so I’m not interested as Mike may only get 2 more starts in a downside scenario; if I was 0-3, I might be willing to maybe offer Fuller if I was really hurting at RB (no way would I offer any of the other guys listed).

One buy-low that crossed my mind was McLaurin, based on the news of a potential Haskins benching. He won’t be cheap even now, but I think there’s room for his price to increase further if he gets a QB that lets him get closer to his ceiling.

18 minutes ago, Magoo said:

That target load will increase. 160 plus yards on 9 targets will do that

Note those targets have more to do with gamescripts. Look at target share. Rivers through the ball 21 times

Cox was the target leader the last two games if I’m not mistaken. Don’t wait.

Umm, the targets are going to decrease. Doyle is getting close and once he's back to full health he's going to steal plenty of TE targets.

MAC is a great sell, not a buy.

7 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Probably depends on his record and likelihood to make the playoffs, to a degree. I have CMC and will likely be 3-0 after today, so I’m not interested as Mike may only get 2 more starts in a downside scenario; if I was 0-3, I might be willing to maybe offer Fuller if I was really hurting at RB (no way would I offer any of the other guys listed).

One buy-low that crossed my mind was McLaurin, based on the news of a potential Haskins benching. He won’t be cheap even now, but I think there’s room for his price to increase further if he gets a QB that lets him get closer to his ceiling.

Good info and nice work being 3-0. Be cautious with McCaffery, those types of injuries can last all season. Mike Davis is a great insurance policy "if" things don't go as planned in this early season. 

6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I know Haskins has looked bad, but this team sucks. Defenses are bracketing Mclauren, leaving Dontelle Inman, a guy who doesn't even belong on an NFL roster, Cam Sims, a gadget guy, and Logan Thomas, a JAG TE, as the best options. Add the fact that the O-line is horrible, and you really think Kyle Allen is going to be able to move this offense?

11 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Alright good people of Rotoworld... Is Le'Veon Bell a buy low or a sell high right now?

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Umm, the targets are going to decrease. Doyle is getting close and once he's back to full health he's going to steal plenty of TE targets.

MAC is a great sell, not a buy.

Doyle played 53% of the snaps and didn’t have a single target. And it’s not even a question whether there is any competition between the two for vertical targets. You can’t even analogize Ebron / Doyle vs Cox/Doyle because Ebron was never a vertical target. So even Doyle gets some targets they wont’t eat in to Cox’s

You can sell but 1) It ain’t a sell high because of the Doyle perception and 2) you’ll regret it. 

6 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

Alright good people of Rotoworld... Is Le'Veon Bell a buy low or a sell high right now?

If it's super low then I'm on board. But that team is in general is a hot dumpster fire and Adam Gase is just lighter fuel in human form. 

Is Diontae Johnson a buy low? If so, what are you trying to buy him for?

27 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Doyle played 53% of the snaps and didn’t have a single target. And it’s not even a question whether there is any competition between the two for vertical targets. You can’t even analogize Ebron / Doyle vs Cox/Doyle because Ebron was never a vertical target. So even Doyle gets some targets they wont’t eat in to Cox’s

You can sell but 1) It ain’t a sell high because of the Doyle perception and 2) you’ll regret it. 

I just think Cox's ROS role is red zone target. It's enough to be a decent TE2 or dart throw, but the volume is never going to be there. He's TD or bust, and that's it.

Edited by ajs723

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I just think Cox's ROS role is red zone target. It's enough to be a decent TE2 or dart throw, but the volume is never going to be there. He's TD or bust, and that's it.

The guy with the highest ADOT on the team is going to be just a red zone target?  That makes zero sense to me. He's got both covered.  That makes him even more valuable and another reason Doyle isn't a threat and may be worthless as a fantasy player moving forward.