Sign in to follow this  
csv2209

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Keenan Allen has had a couple of nice games in a row but I highly doubt he keeps it up, or even stays healthy.  He's a sell-high for me.

The man has played all 16 games 3 years in a row... is the preferred target of a rookie gunslinger... and put up consistent numbers across multiple years... just what? Absolute must hold in any type of PPR format, sell for sure in standard but then again his value is never high in standard.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, harck said:

The man has played all 16 games 3 years in a row... is the preferred target of a rookie gunslinger... and put up consistent numbers across multiple years... just what?

You are my target market.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Keenan Allen has had a couple of nice games in a row but I highly doubt he keeps it up, or even stays healthy.  He's a sell-high for me.

Not with Herbert being named the starter for the ROS. He's averaging over 13 targets a game since Herbert took over. 

Him being injury prone is also misplaced IMO. He's played a full 16-game season for three seasons in a row now. 

If I have him, he's a strong hold for me unless I'm deep sat the position and can package him for something else of need. 

JMHO.

• Like 4

On 9/15/2020 at 9:40 AM, PisEdiRin said:

Sell High:

Juju SS

Find the Robert Woods owner in your league and offer Juju straight up NOW. Do not even wait.

Sell high on gurley? He’s performing better than expected but do we expect him to maintain this or even stay healthy

• Like 1

I like the sell high on Gurley take. 

Definitely wouldn't sell high on RoJo, mainly because I don't think he's "high", meaning I'd expect garbage in return. 

A sell high for me, and it's really more a sell before he completely bottoms out, is Lamar. Some think he's gonna pick it up. I'd find that owner and unload him. This year's gonna continue to be a disaster for him, and that's if he even managed to get through it. 

9 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

Sell high on gurley? He’s performing better than expected but do we expect him to maintain this or even stay healthy

I’d wait a few more games with cupcake matchups ahead

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vinovinovino said:

What if you have both of them? 😐

Should be pretty easy to make the trade then 😄

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

I’d wait a few more games with cupcake matchups ahead

Gurley is very good at getting in the endzone. I expect a lot of 15-20 carries for 50-60 yard games with 1-2 TDs.

Recent buy low trades in 12 team PPR:

Conner for DK Metcalf (last week)

Mike Davis for Julio Jones (last week)

Will Fuller for Amari Cooper 

4 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

Recent buy low trades in 12 team PPR:

Conner for DK Metcalf (last week)

Mike Davis for Julio Jones (last week)

Will Fuller for Amari Cooper 

Davis for Julio? Yuck. No way man, Davis has one or two more weeks left of production

Sell High on Juju.

I know he's coming off a down game - no, scratch that, he's coming off the standard Juju game that is commensurate with his talent level, and what u should expect from him moving forward. Limited, Dime-a-dozen slot receiver who is very one-dimensional.

SELL SELL SELL. 

Get whatever you can for this Touchdown-dependent WR3 by selling his name value. Suckers will still see the "Juju" name and think he's good. At some point tho, people will start to catch on and realize he is Golden Tate/Sterling Shepard 2.0. Trade him before everyone catches on.

26 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Davis for Julio? Yuck. No way man, Davis has one or two more weeks left of production

Ehhh, I'm okay with it. I have CmC, I'm piecing together a line up until he comes back.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:07 PM, InVINCEable said:

Sell high on RoJo? Curious as to if anyone has traded him and what the possible return is. 

Traded him for Godwin. Thought that was a good buy low/sell high.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

A sell high for me, and it's really more a sell before he completely bottoms out, is Lamar. Some think he's gonna pick it up. I'd find that owner and unload him. This year's gonna continue to be a disaster for him, and that's if he even managed to get through it. 

And to confirm that there's a market there for him, I consider Lamar a buy-low and just jumped on the train.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Traded him for Godwin. Thought that was a good buy low/sell high.

I traded McKinnon for Godwin a week ago in a similar move.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

And to confirm that there's a market there for him, I consider Lamar a buy-low and just jumped on the train.

someone in my league traded lamar/lockett for kyler/fuller if that helps at all

Clyde Edwards-Helaire. 
I am trying to pry him from a (potentially) scorned/panicked owner.
Why?
1. he's a talented back due for positive regression

2. Leveon Bell's arrival could affect touches and perception of CEH as the lead back - but Leveon Bell is not who he used to be.

I'm less concerned about Bell than I am about KC simply trying to air it out and get back to that unstoppable, explosive "modern G.S.O.T. Kurt-Warner-Rams thing" 

Will confirm Lamar is a "buy low" as I traded Lamar/Jrob for Cam/Hunt. Be wary though... 3 duds in 5 games. Lamar's floor is a lot lower this year than last, and he's adamant about running less overall (as I'm sure his coaches are too).

Edited by harck

4 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

Honestly CEH can't get get any lower right now. It might be worth measuring how the owner feels.

Yeah and if you get him now - you have him for 1 week without Bell.  But you also assume all the risk that he loses significant touches later.

I’m selling ‘low’ on Lamar & DJ Moore. Guys with name value like Lamar get a longer leash, but his accuracy this year has been seriously concerning. Add in the knee limiting his running potential and I’d be looking to sell for a Kyler or Josh Allen on the QB front. Personally I traded him for JRob 1 for 1.

In DJ Moore’s case, it’s just painfully obvious that he’s not the #1. Probably the #3 option after Robby and the RB. 4, 5 and 6 targets for a guy who doesn’t score TD’s, with Teddy performing as well as we can reasonably expect going forward, and their top target RB not even in the lineup. No thanks.