Sign in to follow this  
csv2209

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

15 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Sell High:

Juju SS

Find the Robert Woods owner in your league and offer Juju straight up NOW. Do not even wait.

Why is Juju a sell high? Why won't Big Ben continue to target him heavily?

3 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Could JT actually be a sell-high? I'm excited for him like everyone else, but I think I'd be tempted if I was offered a proven RB1 for him.

Why might someone move a proven rb 1 for Taylor, an unproven rb1?

21 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Akers is probably the best buy low option right now, I'm sure there are a few owners who will have no patience in general, and then his week 1 will put them over the edge. 

I'm struggling on this one.  I love the situation Akers is in but he certainly didn't look very explosive in that first game.   He was running hard but kept running straight into his blockers it seemed like.

5 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

I'm struggling on this one.  I love the situation Akers is in but he certainly didn't look very explosive in that first game.   He was running hard but kept running straight into his blockers it seemed like.

The plays where he got the ball were pretty awful, Brown had the better designed plays that actually opened up room while they just tried to force Akers straight through the gut with the Cowboys coming straight through the O-line every other play. 

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Selling high just means selling at whatever you think their peak is. If you think the quarterback situation is going to seriously hurt his value, now is the time to sell high. If you wait for his value to rebound and he has another bad week, then what? His value takes another big hit. Do you end up holding him half the season waiting for it to rebound? 

Selling him for Chris Carson would be considered selling low based on their preseason ADP, but do you think a Carson owner would do that deal? Nobody is dumping him for Benny Snell, but a Drake? Sanders, Taylor, Gordon?  Especially if you threw in a small sweetener? Or some other position? I'm hard pressed to say you shouldn't sell for something like that if the offer came your way.

You have a different definition of “selling high” than I think most do. “Selling for whatever you can get” is equivalent to selling high? Huh? If you sell Ekeler now, whose value is perceived to be less than what it was on draft night, that’s the very definition of selling low. 
If you don’t believe in Ekeler- and Lynn’s words about how there won’t be as many targets for RBs in the new scheme are very concerning- then I agree you should sell. But at this point, it would be a “cut your losses and get out” because you perceive the value to be decreasing as the season progresses. You take your lumps and eat the loss when you have to trade him for a David Johnson (whose owner in that scenario would be selling high on DJ). 
When you think of buy low, sell high, it is the same as how you would do in the stock market which is likely where the expression came from.

35 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Absolutely...if you have Juju unload him now

I wouldnt trade taylor for anything

31 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

Is Mostert a sell-high?

No way... he is just getting started.

He was a clear lead back and he got 4 receptions.  

He is a hold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CViewPride35 said:

No way... he is just getting started.

He was a clear lead back and he got 4 receptions.  

He is a hold. 

Agreed---and with jimmy g as qb the sf running backs will conitnue to eat

Just now, phegotgame14 said:

Agreed---and with jimmy g as qb the sf running backs will conitnue to eat

Dont really agree with this one. I think his cap was yesterday. The opportunity is there only because Samuels, Kittle are both hurt. They just lost to a team who continuously fed their stars. Kittle is going to have to get the ball more. He will be good but i high end RB2 is all im saying his ceiling is at

11 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Dont really agree with this one. I think his cap was yesterday. The opportunity is there only because Samuels, Kittle are both hurt. They just lost to a team who continuously fed their stars. Kittle is going to have to get the ball more. He will be good but i high end RB2 is all im saying his ceiling is at

Thats the thing....Garapolla can't throw the ball...so they will conitnue to run the ball

On 9/14/2020 at 12:34 AM, JuanSuarez said:

I would try to sell high Chris Carson. He's in a full timeshare and it's a matter of when, not if, he will get hurt again.

I think it was just a week one thing as they ease him into the season. I guess I have a hard time seeing Hyde really splitting time with him long term, lol. 

8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

That first drive the offense actually looked nearly elite, then just fell apart completely. 

Yeah, they looked really good on that first drive, and I think what happened Sunday was mostly a product of integrating a new QB (even TB12) onto a team with no summer and no preseason. I expect Brady and the Bucs to get better as the season goes on. Frankly, I don't look forward to the return visit to Tampa, lol. 

52 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

C'mon man...don't feed the troll. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Tons of hype on JT (which is crazy considering how much hype he had coming into the season) + a frustrated owner may not like what they saw out of their RB1 in week 1. 

That PisEdRin guy is definitely a troll and just says ridiculous stuff for fun(Juju WR4 at best) without much if any logic. For instance I believe he was ripping Juju because he wasn't good enough to go against defenses #1 corner. Then he tries to defend his crush Diontae by saying he had to face a great DB while Juju got slot corners, but week 1 was the best match-up for slot corners so it's all downhill now for Juju. Ok whatever...

But with that said, I do think Juju could be a potential sell high if someone in your league sees his week 1 output and the name value and would give you WR1 value for him, maybe if they're desperate for WR. I think the target distribution will be pretty spread out amongst the Pitt WRs, and while Juju should finish with the most fantasy points it'll be a lot closer than Juju owners would like. I see him as a high end WR2 this year, worst case a mid-level WR2.

Although that is pretty much where he was drafted, I believe in my rankings he was like WR12 or something. So even in the worst case it's not like he's drastically under-performing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Selling high just means selling at whatever you think their peak is. If you think the quarterback situation is going to seriously hurt his value, now is the time to sell high. If you wait for his value to rebound and he has another bad week, then what? His value takes another big hit. Do you end up holding him half the season waiting for it to rebound? 

Selling him for Chris Carson would be considered selling low based on their preseason ADP, but do you think a Carson owner would do that deal? Nobody is dumping him for Benny Snell, but a Drake? Sanders, Taylor, Gordon?  Especially if you threw in a small sweetener? Or some other position? I'm hard pressed to say you shouldn't sell for something like that if the offer came your way.

You won't get near fair value for ekeler right now from most people ... my gut tells me sd revamps there scheme against kc and ekeler has a more significant role ... If you drafted ekeler in the 2nd trust yourself don't bail after one game .. he has talent and I believe will rebound this week ... That's coming from someone who is looking to buy ekeler from people in my leagues ... 

4 minutes ago, dnorma2 said:

You won't get near fair value for ekeler right now from most people ... my gut tells me sd revamps there scheme against kc and ekeler has a more significant role ... If you drafted ekeler in the 2nd trust yourself don't bail after one game .. he has talent and I believe will rebound this week ... That's coming from someone who is looking to buy ekeler from people in my leagues ... 

Doesnt help that Keenan Allen and the coaching staff have been impressed with Kelly... 

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Doesnt help that Keenan Allen and the coaching staff have been impressed with Kelly... 

If the chargers expect to beat kc, they need to win time of possession. Slow methodical drives. That means running the ball. Josh Kelley can have about 18 carries next week

• Like 1

Buy Low:

Jared Cook

He dropped a walk-in TD which would have made his statline even better.

Michael Thomas is now injured.

Treat Cook like a Top 5 TE ROS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy Low:

AJ Green.

The 1st ballot HOF talent is still there. Burrow missed him on a TD.

He's 100% healthy.

Big blowup games are coming for AJ Green.

Get him now.

• Thanks 1

Buy Low:  Saquon Barkley, Mark Ingram, George Kittle, Michael Thomas, Derrick Henry

Sell High: Alvin Kamara, Zach Ertz, Jamison Crowder, todd gurley

Who else?

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Get Diontae Johnson at whatever price you can right now

I may offer Kupp for him

For as confident as Ben was throwing to him I agree. His upside is crazy. What is everyones thoughts on Michael Thomas? That injury scares me but surely he is a buy low

Evan Ingram comes to mind (buy low).

Edited by Pooskay

3 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

I doubt Thomas or Henry owners are selling low, but good luck if they are.

While I agree with Henry, is he also a hold and then a sell high? Those 30 carries a game could take a toll on him