Sign in to follow this  
csv2209

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

As a Diontae owner, I wouldn't even remotely consider selling him "low" after 10 targets in week one. 

I’ve already had a lot of offers from owners trying to capitalize, such as TY for him. Declined all.

2 hours ago, NyjersInParis said:

buy low dj moore

God I hope you're right.  That first week was depressing.

3 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Traded Singletary and a '21 3rd for Conner. Would that be considered buying low for Conner?

Not too sure about this deal.

8 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Traded T. Boyd & J. Kelley for Kenny G

You get fleeced son!

53 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

I’ve already had a lot of offers from owners trying to capitalize, such as TY for him. Declined all.

Good man, lol. It would have to be an offer that would blow me away. 

54 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

God I hope you're right.  That first week was depressing.

I wish the DJM owner in my league felt the same. Haha! Actually, in my main league, there really isn't any trading after week one or even week two. We'll start seeing some moving and shaking after that, but right now our league is in a wait-and-see holding pattern. I figure most leagues are like that. 

42 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Traded Singletary and a '21 3rd for Conner. Would that be considered buying low for Conner?

I'm not nearly as high on Singletary as some are, but I wouldn't have made that trade. One...I wouldn't have traded for Conner. Two...I wouldn't have traded a 3rd rd pick next year for Conner. Jmho. 

Edited by Flyman75

20 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Selling Ekeler at this point is not SELL HIGH, no matter how you spin it.

He was drafted in the 2nd, sometimes late 1st round. That's his value to the person who drafted him. They won't take anything less after week one even IF they are worried about how well they  think he will do the rest of the year. If the owner believes week one is a sign of things to come and Ekeler will not pay off 2nd round value the rest of the season getting second round value for him would be selling high. 

I draft PLAYER in the 1st round.

Something happens to PLAYER and now I don't think he'll return 1st round value.

Getting 1st round value for PLAYER is selling high.

On 9/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, CooL said:

The name of the thread is BUY LOW / SELL HIGH.  Selling Ekeler at this point is not SELL HIGH, no matter how you spin it.

6 hours ago, this guy right here said:

He was drafted in the 2nd, sometimes late 1st round. That's his value to the person who drafted him. They won't take anything less after week one even IF they are worried about how well they  think he will do the rest of the year. If the owner believes week one is a sign of things to come and Ekeler will not pay off 2nd round value the rest of the season getting second round value for him would be selling high. 

I draft PLAYER in the 1st round.

Something happens to PLAYER and now I don't think he'll return 1st round value.

Getting 1st round value for PLAYER is selling high.

First off, you quoted AnonymousRob who quoted me, that's my statement about Ekeler not being a SELL HIGH.  AnonymousRob is clearly on record here showing that he has a different definition of Buy Low and Sell High than the majority of the public, and apparently so do you.

So in your example, Ekeler was drafted in the first round.  He wets the bed in week 1.  Yet somehow you think somebody is going to give you a first round player for him? Somebody is going to give you CEH for him?  Please show me a league transaction where somebody will give you a first round talent for Ekeler after week 1.

You draft Ekeler in the first round.  You think his best case scenario is that he'll return third round value.  So you finagle a trade where you get a second round player in return.  That's NOT "selling high", even though you think he'll return only third round value and you managed to get a second round value in return.  Your original cost was a FIRST round pick.  Yet you're now getting a SECOND round pick.  You're not getting a return on your initial investment.  You've LOST equity.  It's not selling high.  It's called "cutting your losses".

Sheesh.  Why is this simple concept so hard to understand?!   Mind boggling.

I believe OBJ is a buy low.  He's talented and he gets targets.  If I can flip Corey Davis for him, that's a classic example of Sell High and Buy Low.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rahuLL said:

is obj worth a buy low? or just do-not-touch at this point?

Yes. He is the epitome of buy low strategy. He may not pan out, but you don't have to pay like he will at this point. ELITE player that everyone and their mother has lost faith in. Yes please

On 9/15/2020 at 6:02 PM, dnorma2 said:

If ekeler classifies as selling high than this thread is meaningless ... Saying sell high on ekeler is like me saying sell high on mixon right now ... Or sell high on barkeley right now..  that has never been how sell high was used ... Or sell high on Akers .... If I bought a house and it lost 20 percent of it's value in a month that's not sell high ... That's cut my losses ... And if you think it's not going to get better that's an arbitrary opinion ... It could very well get better ... So you don't know if you are selling high for the future but you so know your not selling high from whence you purchased   

Ekeler is a sell high now because you at least get something for him....in a few weeks after Kelley takes over you get nothing. Mixon and Barkley don't have anyone worth a crap behind them in the depth chart. 

Edited by phegotgame14

Got offered Michael Thomas for my Diontae Johnson in PPR....should I pull the triggger?

Have been trying to sell Connor , basically zero value . I think if you believed in him , the Connor owner will give you a big discount. I would imagine the same situation with Ingram. 

1 hour ago, bosny said:

Got offered Michael Thomas for my Diontae Johnson in PPR....should I pull the triggger?

What do you think?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bosny said:

What?

10 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

What do you think?

I think if you're having to ask that I hope he pulls the trade before you come to your senses and stop waiting on it lol.

Michael Thomas will be returning in week 7 because the Saints have a bye in week 6.  Then how well do you believe he will play upon his return?  One bad game as he gets back up to speed?  Two?  Three?  

In redraft leagues with shallow benches, carrying MT is actually going to hurt you because he is burning up a roster spot (unless your league allows an IR spot).  You'll be holding MT waiting for that magic rainbow in the distance, and in the meantime, missing out on hot waiver wire grabs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CooL said:

I want to buy low on DJ Chark,  He only caught 3 for 25 and a TD.  Owners might be disappointed and without the TD it would have been abysmal.  But Minshew only threw 20 passes.  Got to think that they'll need to throw more in the future. 

I'm sorry I managed to hijack things repeatedly with you and others.

Back to football, I think another Jaguars player might be worth looking into is James Robinson. I'm still skeptical he's going to offer any value more than a decent flex, but it feels like he's not quite getting the hype any other rookie might if they had performed as we saw this kid do last weekend. He's getting the full load - something that is extremely rare in today's game - and the offense might not be a total dumpster fire.