tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 2

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 2 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 2 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Thanks 1

Laviska Shenault Jr.   aka  ShinGo 

Old man Gore

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

True only available probably in ten team leagues.

PD

Not even close, try 6 team leagues.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Logan Thomas. If you missed out on the shiny new TE toys this week, don't sleep on this guy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Laviska Shenault Jr.   aka  ShinGo 

ShinnnoGo 🤘

• Like 3

Check practice reports and if it looks like he's good to go take a flier on La'Mical Perine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

My gut tells me we look back two weeks from now and kick ourselves that we took Snell, Malcom Brown, and Hynes over Dobbins.

JK was drafted in EVERY LEAGUE known to man..

• Like 1

Logan Thomas figures to have the 2nd highest target rate next to "scary terry."  8 targets week 1, even as Washington was not down big as you'd expect most weeks.  Question is, will Hasken's be able to deliver the rock on target.

• Like 2

TreQuan Smith WR, NO.. Michael Thomas has a high ankle sprain and it appears worse than initially thought.  Some suggest he could possibly be held out until the week 6 bye week.  This is pure speculation though.

• Like 1

Miles Gaskin. Could be the next big RB pickup if Howard gets hurt. Already had a nice snap % in week one.

2 hours ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

My gut tells me we look back two weeks from now and kick ourselves that we took Snell, Malcom Brown, and Hynes over Dobbins.

Huh?? What league are u in?

• Haha 1

Deep sleeper in multiple QB leagues: Case Keenum

Also Taysom Hill on ESPN for his TE eligibility. Likely to see his role jump. 

13 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Deep sleeper in multiple QB leagues: Case Keenum

Also Taysom Hill on ESPN for his TE eligibility. Likely to see his role jump. 

Are there rumblings of baker losing his starters role?

21 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Are there rumblings of baker losing his starters role?

Not that I know of. But Kevin Stefanski was the QB coach for the Vikings in 2017 when Keenum took over. They are reunited again. I think Baker is on a very short leash if he struggles this Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Not that I know of. But Kevin Stefanski was the QB coach for the Vikings in 2017 when Keenum took over. They are reunited again. I think Baker is on a very short leash if he struggles this Thursday. 

I doubt that. Cleveland has lots invested in Baker. They'll be patient with him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I don't think so whatsoever.  They are riding with Baker through thick and thin, good and bad.  High draft pick like that, the leash is very long.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjb said:

Logan Thomas figures to have the 2nd highest target rate next to "scary terry."  8 targets week 1, even as Washington was not down big as you'd expect most weeks.  Question is, will Hasken's be able to deliver the rock on target.

Not disagreeing on the Logan Thomas tout, just not sure I'd expect Washington to be down big most weeks.  That nasty front 7 should keep them close against most opponents.  

9 hours ago, Tenner said:

I tend to think Baker has about as long of a leash as it gets. 

On a similar note though, I have been considering adding Beef Brisket in my 12 team, 2 QB leagues as I think there is a good chance Rivers INTs his way to the bench.

36 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

I tend to think Baker has about as long of a leash as it gets. 

On a similar note though, I have been considering adding Beef Brisket in my 12 team, 2 QB leagues as I think there is a good chance Rivers INTs his way to the bench.

No chance, barring injury. 

2 hours ago, vikesrube said:

caught a bit of the FantasyPros podcast yesterday, and they felt the same - Duggar has already cost the Dolts one game, and a division one (against a supposedly "tanking" club) at that. 

I know some don't like picking up handcuffs, but I feel Devontae Booker is a guy worth picking up for the week IF you have a burnable roster spot on your team. Here are the reasons why:

1. 1. Played almost exclusively as the back up to Josh Jacobs. He had 4 carries & 3 receptions (3 targets) vs. Richard's 0 carries & 1 reception (1 target).
  2. 2. Is more suited to fill the role Jacobs plays should he get hurt. Jacobs' run style is very physical and can possibly wear his body down over the course of a season.
  3. 3. Mike Mayock, the GM, had him highly regarded as the # 2 tailback of the 2016 draft - see link below.

Again, if you have a burnable roster spot he might be worth the add. If Jacobs makes it through this week's game, you can simply drop for the hot waiver wire pickup of the week/season. No harm, no foul. Thanks for listening to my insane rant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMqHAE93F0

• Thanks 2