Sign in to follow this  
Dirtywater97

Drew Sample 2020 Outlook

I'm lazy so just copying and pasting my waiver thread post:

All jokes aside about his name Drew Sample, though. Seriously.

2nd round pick in 2019. He has a year under his belt to learn the system. He has elite athleticism. Finally getting his opportunity with Eifert and Uzomah out of the way.

Just gonna drop his player profiler here so you can drool and this sick one handed grab he made.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/drew-sample/

• Like 4

we got a taste last night of what kinda amuse bouche offense dër Bunglez are gonna run ... Burrow has leaned TE heavy, for starters.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

This guy could be worth looking at now that Uzomah is out for the year and AJ Green looks like a shell of his former self. 

He was a second round pick but that was a bit of a shocker, nobody had him projected that high but the Bengals saw something in him. That draft a lot of good tight ends too, he went ahead of guys like Sternberger and Dawson Knox. 

Definitely like this guys potential. Volume might put him top 15, with an awful Bengals defense, they will be throwing a LOT.

Cincy drew up a good plan for Sample.  He received ample targets and I believe it was just a good sample of what Drew can do.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I could see Sample getting a ton of short targets from a terrified Burrow.  Could be PPR gold.  Anyone watch him with the Huskies?  Was he any good?

Didn't need a TE, but tossed up a decent bid-- and got him in a 16 team dynasty league. Uzomah is an UFA next season, so there is nothing holding this kid back from a sizable future role with an ascending young talent like Burrow. Sure seems like they already have a decent connection.

Hoping to see if he can be 10-15 points a game in PPR with a TD every now and then. That'd be a decent flex. Seems pretty doable if this guy gets 7-9 targets a game.

Stashing in both leagues.  They'll be chasing points all year and Burrow seems to have carte blanche to throw at will, targets TEs...and its only a matter of time before Green goes down.

this kid is friggin' LIVE, mang ... if i didn't have Jonnu i would've pounced last waiver run. 

giphy.gif

Not much value beyond ppr leagues. Sample is a blocking TE who is anything but dynamic in the passing game. He will certainly get targets with uzomah out however most catches will be within 5 yds of the LOS and sample is not a big YAC guy at all. Guys like schultz and Allie-Cox provide better upside with similar floors.

1 minute ago, justinrb04 said:

Not much value beyond ppr leagues. Sample is a blocking TE who is anything but dynamic in the passing game. He will certainly get targets with uzomah out however most catches will be within 5 yds of the LOS and sample is not a big YAC guy at all. Guys like schultz and Allie-Cox provide better upside with similar floors.

didja ever stop to think that Fred Cox & Sgt. Schultz got snagged already? 🤔

btw, Doyle was back practicing this week - the floor/upside on Cox has just dropped considerably.

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

didja ever stop to think that Fred Cox & Sgt. Schultz got snagged already? 🤔

btw, Doyle was back practicing this week - the floor/upside on Cox has just dropped considerably.

Of course however Schultz has been going for similar prices as sample and MAC has been cheaper. Both have more talent than sample, don’t let the fact sample was drafted in the 2nd round fool you, bengals make terrible draft picks all the time. John Ross was selected 9th overall by Cincy, one spot ahead of pat mahomes.

Edited by justinrb04

2 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

Of course however Schultz has been going for similar prices as sample and MAC has been cheaper. Both have more talent than sample, don’t let the fact sample was drafted in the 2nd round fool you, bengals make terrible draft picks all the time. John Ross was selected 9th overall by Cincy, one spot ahead of pat mahomes.

we talkin' magick foosball pernts here, i couldn't give one shaved rat's nutsack about your draftnik/homer gobbledygook. 

the. kid. will. get. pernts. 

🦃

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

we talkin' magick foosball pernts here, i couldn't give one shaved rat's nutsack about your draftnik/homer gobbledygook. 

the. kid. will. get. pernts. 

🦃

Hopefully you don’t own him in STD. League winner right there.

3 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

Hopefully you don’t own him in STD. League winner right there.

21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this kid is friggin' LIVE, mang ... if i didn't have Jonnu i would've pounced last waiver run. 

comprehension fail, to boot. 

1 minute ago, justinrb04 said:

Yeah I don’t read CSBs. I bet it was a good one though.

come back when you understand that volume is king in this gig. 

🙋‍♂️

I’ll stay and wait for you to garner the ability to recognize talent. Ppr value for sure as I stated, very little value in std. sample caught 46 passes in his 4 year career at UW, his yds per catch 10.6. Could score some TDS however burrow spreads it around(see mike Thomas td).

22 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

I’ll stay and wait for you to garner the ability to recognize talent. Ppr value for sure as I stated, very little value in std. sample caught 46 passes in his 4 year career at UW, his yds per catch 10.6. Could score some TDS however burrow spreads it around(see mike Thomas td).

31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

come back when you understand that volume is king in this gig. 

🙋‍♂️

Says the dude who has offered nothing to this thread other than pointing out you like Jonnu Smith more than drew sample. Good owners recognize that opportunity is key but pure fantasy gold is when talent meets opportunity. 

Just now, justinrb04 said:

Says the dude who has offered nothing to this thread other than pointing out you like Jonnu Smith more than drew sample. Good owners recognize that opportunity is key but pure fantasy gold is when talent meets opportunity. 

quote function down?

take your crack draftnik talent analysis over to the Rb1nson thread, and regale us all with why a kid who just dropped a 30 spot "ISN'T SPECIAL HE WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED,  RUNS A 4.64 !!1!!!1!1111!!11!111!1"

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

quote function down?

take your crack draftnik talent analysis over to the Rb1nson thread, and regale us all with why a kid who just dropped a 30 spot "ISN'T SPECIAL HE WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED,  RUNS A 4.64 !!1!!!1!1111!!11!111!1"

I need not quote when you hijacked this thread with your pathetic personal shots at me. I was pointing out that drew sample doesn’t have elite athleticism that someone earlier stated. I mentioned the 2nd round pick pointing out there isn’t necessarily a correlation between a players draft position and level of talent. Please work on your reading comprehension before you hijack threads with your insecurities.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

I need not quote when you hijacked this thread with your pathetic personal shots at me. I was pointing out that drew sample doesn’t have elite athleticism that someone earlier stated. I mentioned the 2nd round pick pointing out there isn’t necessarily a correlation between a players draft position and level of talent. Please work on your reading comprehension before you hijack threads with your insecurities.

alright, draftnikki 😄

source.gif