Sign in to follow this  
Dirtywater97

Drew Sample 2020 Outlook

If Cincy is going to throw the ball 40+ times a game (which seems likely), and he is the primary TE, then he could get around 8 targets a game. 20% target share to TE is what they've been doing so far. That's enough for a solid flex play in PPR, and sprinkle in a few TDs over the season. Cox has short-term value, but Doyle and Burton are coming back. Schultz could be solid, but that volume isn't going to be consistent in my opinion. Sample has an opportunity to have consistent target and points which is solid for the TE position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

If Cincy is going to throw the ball 40+ times a game (which seems likely), and he is the primary TE, then he could get around 8 targets a game. 20% target share to TE is what they've been doing so far. That's enough for a solid flex play in PPR, and sprinkle in a few TDs over the season. Cox has short-term value, but Doyle and Burton are coming back. Schultz could be solid, but that volume isn't going to be consistent in my opinion. Sample has an opportunity to have consistent target and points which is solid for the TE position.

exactly.

which was all i was saying before the draftnik came in spitting his derision on the kid's athleticism.

thank you for seeing the rationale behind this very promising spec. 

• Like 1

Those IFs are what I was talking about, with mediocre talent in the nfl you run the risk of being beat out by someone else. Also the bengals went 2-14 last year and still only attempted 616 passes for an avg of 38.5 per game. The bengals won’t be throwing 61 times every game. Sample has value in ppr formats but in STD you will find players that provide more with less. Volume, while important isn’t the only thing fantasy owners need to be looking at.

12 minutes ago, justinrb04 said:

Those IFs are what I was talking about, with mediocre talent in the nfl you run the risk of being beat out by someone else. Also the bengals went 2-14 last year and still only attempted 616 passes for an avg of 38.5 per game. The bengals won’t be throwing 61 times every game. Sample has value in ppr formats but in STD you will find players that provide more with less. Volume, while important isn’t the only thing fantasy owners need to be looking at.

There are a lot of factors that will determine Sample’s value. I’m pretty confident that last years record and attempts per game aren’t on the list.

• Haha 1

His raw measurables do not indicate he is a pedestrian athlete. A pretty good one, actually. Excellent catch radius and pretty soft hands.

• Like 1