oresteszero

9/20/20 SNF: New England Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks Game Day Thread

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

I hear you, but that was such a bang bang play over the middle. Sometimes you can see a defender line him up from a mile away and level him.  Newton led him right into him.  It is tough to ask a dude to him someone slightly less violently, but violently, but don't miss, while also track the ball, and don't get hurt at the same time. I didn't feel that was a headhunting play. Just bang-bang.

He knew what he was doing dropping his head like that.

Now, I wouldn't say it was a cheap shot or a particularly dirty play, and if that were the standard for disqualification and I was making a judgement call, I wouldn't DQ him there.

But the league has made it a no tolerance thing precisely to break the habit and make players aware of doing it.  From that standpoint, it makes sense.  So I don't have a problem with the ejection, because it's not about that particular play but about that type of play in general.  The intent is deterrence, and fines haven't been enough.

I'd bet Diggs is more hesitant to lower his head in that situation in the future.

Eventually the Patriots are going to realize that with their covid opt outs on D, they are going to get behind, and Newton will actually have to throw it.....and it is going to get ugly.

Well that’s settles that. DK top 10 WR this year. Just owned the best CB in the league 

• Like 1

DK seems like a lock for 1-2 of those a game with Russ dropping it into his breadbasket ...he just toasted Gilmore...

• Like 1

Just now, Sternes said:

Eventually the Patriots are going to realize that with their covid opt outs on D, they are going to get behind, and Newton will actually have to throw it.....and it is going to get ugly.

I can't wait for the eventual Newton overthrowing his receivers. I miss him throwing the ball 2 feet over 6'5 Kelvin Benjamin. Imagine how over the head the balls will be for Edelman

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I can't wait for the eventual Newton overthrowing his receivers. I miss him throwing the ball 2 feet over 6'5 Kelvin Benjamin. Imagine how over the head the balls will be for Edelman

Roughly 2 feet and 7 inches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God, Metcalf and Wilson were made for each other. What a fun duo to watch. Owning Metcalf is seriously fun. Wilson is such a damn good QB.

LOL Collinsworth thinks the checkdown is the best play by Cam passing tonight.

Wilson is 11/12 tonight so far.  The other was on Olsen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

That AT&T girl is so cute goddamn 

Don't you talk about my Lily. I claimed her years ago.