tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 3

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 3

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 3 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Could be a big week depending on tomorrow’s MRI results and who’s not rostered in your league.

- Dion Lewis

- Jerrick McKinnon

- Darell Henderson

- Tevin Coleman

- Dalton Schulz

- Jordan Reed

- Joshua Kelley (if not picked up last week)

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Myles Gaskin

Yep, led the backfield again in touches and is clearly their best back.

Also, Devonta Freeman watch.

Edited by ponchsox

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Mike davis

CMC is like superman so he'll most likely play through any ankle injury but there's an outside chance that it's a high ankle sprain that could keep him out a week or 2.

Wayne Gallman - Surprisingly, Gallman was inactive this week but this backfield could be a RBBC going forward. Miss out on Lewis, I would take a chance on Gallman depending on what happens during the week (signings, etc). Remember, Gallman actually had a good season in 2017 before Giants drafted Barkley. Dion Lewis - In limited work, looks like he has some good rapport with DJ in the short passing game where he will help fantasy owners the most, but I would not sleep on Gallman if you are looking for a deep sleeper.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Wayne Gallman - Surprisingly, Gallman was inactive this week but this backfield could be a RBBC going forward. Miss out on Lewis, I would take a chance on Gallman depending on what happens during the week (signings, etc). Remember, Gallman actually had a good season in 2017 before Giants drafted Barkley. Dion Lewis - In limited work, looks like he has some good rapport with DJ in the short passing game where he will help fantasy owners the most, but I would not sleep on Gallman if you are looking for a deep sleeper.

I was also wondering how this shakes out. Lewis didn’t really run very well against Chicago (10-20) but he had 4 catches

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

I was also wondering how this shakes out. Lewis didn’t really run very well against Chicago (10-20) but he had 4 catches

Looks like an ugly RBBC. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Freeman will be a Giant soon

• Like 2

I wouldn't touch anyone in the Giants backfield, they are all garbage. 

For me the top guys are...

1. Darrell Henderson RB
2. Jerick Mckinnon RB

Feels like a lot of fools gold on the wire this week, and I am hesitant to blow top waiver priority on any of these guys. 

mckinnon - mostert injury didn’t look like much and the game was already out of hand at that point, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he plays in week 3. 

gallman/Lewis - giants situation looks like a RBBC mess with the potential to get all the more confusing if they sign Freeman (who is already enroute for a visit)

henderson - while he was more effective than Brown this week, Akers looms with only a concussion keeping him out (this could be a day to day or week to week injury depending on the protocol). Also Brown isn’t going anywhere and is likely to keep some type of role even if Henderson does leapfrog him on the depth chart. 

Edited by Bill_Buckner

Given the lack of preseason I'm beginning to think you might want to save your FAAB for the long run. The injuries correlate and will be a theme all year long.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Foppatosakic said:

Given the lack of preseason I'm beginning to think you might want to save your FAAB for the long run. The injuries correlate and will be a theme all year long.

Yeah, feels like you should def be looking at your own handcuffs more than ever.

• Gaskin if he hasn't already been mentioned
  • Fitzgerald had 7 targets and is less than 30% owned in CBS (this offense is potent and he has a safe floor)

Some long/short term RB rentals for deeper leagues

McKinnon(if available)

Mike Davis

Dion Lewis

Wayne Gallman

13 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

I'm pretty sure it will be a RBBC. In week 1 when they were both active Lewis got 1 carry, Gallman 1 catch. I wouldn't spend much on either, but I would grab either of them for cheap just to see what happens, because this stuff can be so unpredictable 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm pretty sure it will be a RBBC. In week 1 when they were both active Lewis got 1 carry, Gallman 1 catch. I wouldn't spend much on either, but I would grab either of them for cheap just to see what happens, because this stuff can be so unpredictable 

Freeman is set to meet with the giants today. He’s available for free right now might be worth a pick up right now before anything happens. Just dropped my second TE for him. 
don’t miss out it’s worth a shot 

• Like 1

how do u guys prioritize mike davis, dion lewis and jerrick mcinnon

1 minute ago, rahuLL said:

how do u guys prioritize mike davis, dion lewis and jerrick mcinnon

A lot of it depends on CMC and Mostert's injuries. Should be more info today or tomorrow. I'd rank them Davis, McKinnon, Lewis if CMC and Mostert are missing significant time.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

A lot of it depends on CMC and Mostert's injuries. Should be more info today or tomorrow. I'd rank them Davis, McKinnon, Lewis if CMC and Mostert are missing significant time.

true lewis has full year value w/ saquons knee

cmc - schefter said multiple weeks. Davis surprisngly was used in the pass game alot