tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 3

2 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

I wonder how long they are going to put up with Brees ? Winston could be huge in that Offense 

FWIW Hill is listed as the #2 currently. Ahead of Jameis. 

14 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

Corey Davis or Cole from jacksonville

Hamler is available in most leagues.  Without Sutton out for the year, Hamler's probably 3rd behind Jeudy and Fant.  6-8 touches is probably realistic.

• Like 1

Not a lot of QB posts

Goff @ Buffalo 

Minshew vs Miami 

Both of these look tasty

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

How would you rank these RBs for waiver priority?

Davis

Freeman

Mckinnon

Henderson

Davis over Freeman is a tough one for me? Thoughts?

depends.

This week? McKinnon, Davis, Henderson, Freeman.

ROS? Freeman, Davis, Henderson, McKinnon

I have TJ Hockenson and Dalton Schultz is on the waiver wire. Should I make the swap?

26 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

Corey Davis or Cole from jacksonville

Thanks. I was thinking about grabbing davis

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sankajay said:

I have TJ Hockenson and Dalton Schultz is on the waiver wire. Should I make the swap?

I have the same thing... I think I am gonna hold

Anybody think about not fielding a defense? Obviously you wouldn’t drop the Steelers D. But for many other defenses. 

16/32 defenses average under 3.0 ppg so far. And the average score of the bottom 16 teams is actually negative. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Anybody think about not fielding a defense? Obviously you wouldn’t drop the Steelers D. But for many other defenses. 

16/32 defenses average under 3.0 ppg so far. And the average score of the bottom 16 teams is actually negative. 

Unless you are in a super deep league, not fielding one would be very dumb.

It is not difficult in a 10,12, even 14 team league to find a top half defense every week. Start the elite ones, if you don’t have one, find good matchups against bad offenses. Not a difficult thing to do for a 16 week season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

FWIW Hill is listed as the #2 currently. Ahead of Jameis. 

It would be the same as last year. If Brees got hurt, it would be Jameis coming in. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

It would be the same as last year. If Brees got hurt, it would be Jameis coming in. 

of course it would be

Golden Tate with Shep out. Should be throwing a lot more playing catch up and Barkley out.

• Like 1

IMO Mo Alie Cox looking Gates-like and with the injuries in Indy could step up as Rivers always favors tight ends and could be a nice goal line option. I prefer his add over Schultz.

Edited by A27K
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderDan said:

I actually don't value any of these guys that much. If you've got big injuries, understood. But I cant find anyone to drop for any of them (granted, carrying two TEs is part of the reason) but I mean, would you drop Antonio gibson or any of the elite handcuffs for any of these guys? I personally would not 

It is definitely worth blocking the CMC and Barkley owners in your league. 

8 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

of course it would be

Ok. I was quoting another poster who suggested otherwise. 

Edited by Flyman75

I have no real needs at RB, but I have the #1 WW priority. Advisable to snag up Davis as trade bait if only for 4-6 games or not worth wasting the #1 WW priority?

4 minutes ago, blazehound said:

I have no real needs at RB, but I have the #1 WW priority. Advisable to snag up Davis as trade bait if only for 4-6 games or not worth wasting the #1 WW priority?

I’m thinking about going for Freeman thinking that he’d make for more valuable trade bait (even though Davis might make more sense as a CMC owner).

2 hours ago, herschel said:

gage and humpries?

I like Gage a lot! Do you think he likes me back? 😍😍

• Haha 1

BREES will not get benched unless he benches himself for the sake of the team.  You really think mr. pick six is a better option in an offense designed for Brees?

So apparently Dion Lewis may be the guy to get in NY, per ESPN's Raanan... Davis might be the better add then given the uncertainty around Freeman.

Who do y'all like more between Hamler and Claypool for a stash? Tough call between Hamler getting more snaps and Claypool having a better QB. 

@drewfus I had to make a similar decision with Justin Jefferson and Hamler. I chose Hamler. More upside on a Denver offense that lost Sutton for the year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tenner said:

I never understood the point of DST's that receive negative scoring. If they give up a ton of points, yards, etc, just make them earn 0. If they get one sack, you at least know you're getting 1 point, at the minimum.

• Like 1