tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 3

2 minutes ago, Steve226 said:

I never understood the point of DST's that receive negative scoring. If they give up a ton of points, yards, etc, just make them earn 0. If they get one sack, you at least know you're getting 1 point, at the minimum.

By that logic we should not count committed fumbles by rbs and wrs or interceptions thrown by qbs.  Just count the positive yards and tds?

The only job of a DST is to stop the opposing team.  If they cant do that, it should be negative.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zangief80 said:

By that logic we should not count committed fumbles by rbs and wrs or interceptions thrown by qbs.  Just count the positive yards and tds?

The only job of a DST is to stop the opposing team.  If they cant do that, it should be negative.

If my QB throws 6 picks one week and ends up with -6, so be it. If my DST options score negative points every single week and you literally have to debate even rostering one, then that is an issue.

21 minutes ago, Steve226 said:

If my QB throws 6 picks one week and ends up with -6, so be it. If my DST options score negative points every single week and you literally have to debate even rostering one, then that is an issue.

Sounds like the issue is the rules of your league. I hate when commissioners mess with the settings. 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Sounds like the issue is the rules of your league. I hate when commissioners mess with the settings. 

I've never in my life played with defenses that can get you negative points. 

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Defenses can get negative points in yahoo standard default settings but it rarely happens. I was in this one douches league who messed with the defensive scoring settings so every week the defense would score around 0 to 3 points. Never joined that league again the dude was an idiot. 

I like defenses with playmakers and solid special teams that can get positive points regardless of the game score. This way you aren't chasing matchups. Rams are probably being dropped everywhere, along with maybe KC. New Orleans, if available, is a solid ROS pick.

I grabbed Mike Davis with the 3rd waiver claim in one of my leagues. I really like my team, but I'm 0-2 so even though Davis doesn't have long term value like some of the other guys, I think he's almost a guarantee RB2 the next 2-4 weeks, and I really need to get some wins. Hoping Davis can be solid for me and then when Bell comes back he can be more than just a turd in my lineup. 

In my other league I'm pretty strong at RB (CEH, JT, Sanders, Swift) so I just went a head and grabbed some cheap options. Got Dion Lewis and Damien Harris for 4% of my FAAB. I'll probably end up dropping both in a few weeks but who knows, I just can't see that backfield in New York not being a RBBC. And the Giants are going to be losing a ton, which bolds well for a pass catching RB like Lewis. And if after a week or 2 it's obvious it's Devonta's backfield, then I'll just drop Lewis to make room for Harris. And if Harris sucks, Well I got him for $1 so I won't feel like I'm forced to keep him. But if any of those 2 hit, as RB-Needy as some of these fantasy owners are, maybe I get a nice return value on my investment.  

I decided to add Gage and Harry as my WR4 and WR5 after they both cleared waivers, but C. Davis, Pittman and Hamler are still available. 

Do you like any of those guys better than my adds for the ROS?

Edited by SteelersScotty

1 hour ago, Steve226 said:

I never understood the point of DST's that receive negative scoring. If they give up a ton of points, yards, etc, just make them earn 0. If they get one sack, you at least know you're getting 1 point, at the minimum.

I agree. My whole concept is kind of a shitpost. But it does make me think. 

In week 2, 21 out of 32 teams scored 3 or less points. The average score of those bottom 21 defenses was (-0.42). Median score of (-0.5). 

How much would I pay to have an extra bench spot? I’d pay 3 points per week. 

The average margin of victory between fantasy teams in my league is 14 points so far. 

I haven’t done a no defense strategy. But I may tinker with a hybrid approach. Select a SNF or MNF defense and make a decision if I need it as the game approaches. If I don’t - then gamble on a cuff that is playing in those games. 

31 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

I decided to add Gage and Harry as my WR4 and WR5 after they both cleared waivers, but C. Davis, Pittman and Hamler are still available. 

Do you like any of those guys better than my adds for the ROS?

Russell Gage ahead of all others mentioned. 

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Kc dst got me -1 last week. Pretty sure its standard espn settings.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I like defenses with playmakers and solid special teams that can get positive points regardless of the game score. This way you aren't chasing matchups. Rams are probably being dropped everywhere, along with maybe KC. New Orleans, if available, is a solid ROS pick.

Saints or Colts ROS?

On 9/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lots, over 50

Three FAAB league ... I bid 35 in two leagues 

I got him in one.. .. the other two Davis went 65 and 40 . 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Three FAAB league ... I bid 35 in two leagues 

I got him in one.. .. the other two Davis went 65 and 40 . 

He went for 100 of a 100 budget in my rotoworld league.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Saints or Colts ROS?

Saints for me. I really hate the Saints personally, but I have to have them this season.

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

It's the default setting in yahoo leagues. I doubt many commissioners adjust it. It's very hard to get negative points in their settings, and if the defense gets lit up that badly it's deserved.

Edit: nevermind, I just checked and it's not the default for yahoo. I've been playing a long time and could've sworn it was unless they changed it. Anyways, it is pretty hard in my league to get negative. Defense basically has to give up 35+ and not get any sacks or turnovers. 

Edited by owenmills

1 hour ago, Cardiak said:

Saints or Colts ROS?

Colts have a great matchup this week and pretty good schedule until their week 7 bye but not so great after that. Rams(just got dropped in my league) have bad matchup this week but really nice afterwards until their week 9 bye. I like to stream defenses but I love when I can find out that has a nice stretch, so I'm not having to flip every week or roster 2 to have one stashed a week in advance. 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:04 PM, ponchsox said:

Yep, led the backfield again in touches and is clearly their best back.

Also, Devonta Freeman watch.

Yes I picked up Gaskin and I'm really hopeful he can make something happen!

Based on what has been shown, the Jags offense seems to be pretty decent. The Colts still managed a decent chunk of points defensively on them with four sacks in week 1. They destroyed the Vikings last week. Colts D is as legit as we thought it was entering the season and they have a few great matchups coming up. Get them while you can.

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan
  • Like 1

I'll mention 3 others WR

Scotty Miller - bad week , but should still produce.

Isaiah Ford -  granted, he is 3rd behind Parker and Gesicki, but has a chance to get more work.

Miles Boykin - quietly getting targets and might be due for a blow up game this week

Hammler - should get more looks, and is explosive.

Aiyuk - easy match up this week.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

Josh Jacobs missed practice with a hip issue today.  It could just be a maintenance day because he had a big workload on Monday night but Devontae Booker is someone to keep an eye on.

Edited by sjm76

7 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Saints for me. I really hate the Saints personally, but I have to have them this season.

We hate you, too. :D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

We hate you, too. :D

I feel dirty for starting Matt Ryan all year. Tried to trade him for Brees straight up. The dude declined...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I feel dirty for starting Matt Ryan all year. Tried to trade him for Brees straight up. The dude declined...

I would rather have Ryan than Brees.  Brees is an old man on the brink of retirement.

• Like 1