Younghoe Koo 2020 Outlook

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank goodness I have my QB1 Koo to offset my kicker Rodgers

I'd rather lose with the Koo then win without him.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Semitar said:

I wouldn't say I'd never keep a kicker.

But I will say that if a team is well constructed, I can't imagine any scenario where keeping a kicker would be something worth considering.

@dontclapGonorrhea what is your full roster?

I don't think he was serious actually, unless he has total garbage on his roster.

In full point PPR, Koo is 50 overall in scoring, that means he is outscoring RBS QBS WRS and TES. Now would I keep a kicker no, because I wear a crown of thrones upon my liars chair. KOO is what like 7/7 from 50, coiuldbe off by one or two since I don't have the page open for him. In a 12 team PPR he is still potentially a better option over the final 10 give or take. I am keeping him in my 10 keeper though, just not the 5 as stated above. 

12 hours ago, TheDude4bides said:

Clearly not an owner. Every rule has its exception. This man's legal middle name is "reception to the rule"

Take a probabilities course.  Under no circumstances should you be keeping a kicker.  Koo is a great kicker, yes, but year after year kicker success is primarily driven by randomness/statistical noise due to opportunities or a lack thereof as opposed to talent.  Value over replacement level kickers is insubstantial YoY. 

To prove the point for those that aren't following - Justin Tucker might be the greatest kicker in league history, yet he's not in the top 10 this year.. why?  Is it because his talent dropped off?  No. 

No high stakes competitive league even has a kicker as a position bc it literally takes no skill and just adds randomness to the game.  If you're keeping a kicker, you're objectively bad at this.

43 minutes ago, Magman said:

Take a probabilities course.  Under no circumstances should you be keeping a kicker.  Koo is a great kicker, yes, but year after year kicker success is primarily driven by randomness/statistical noise due to opportunities or a lack thereof as opposed to talent.  Value over replacement level kickers is insubstantial YoY. 

To prove the point for those that aren't following - Justin Tucker might be the greatest kicker in league history, yet he's not in the top 10 this year.. why?  Is it because his talent dropped off?  No. 

No high stakes competitive league even has a kicker as a position bc it literally takes no skill and just adds randomness to the game.  If you're keeping a kicker, you're objectively bad at this.

I know, I know. Just having some fun. I own Koo and would love to own him again next year, but will not be keeping him myself. He is on a blistering pace, though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

In full point PPR, Koo is 50 overall in scoring, that means he is outscoring RBS QBS WRS and TES. Now would I keep a kicker no, because I wear a crown of thrones upon my liars chair. KOO is what like 7/7 from 50, coiuldbe off by one or two since I don't have the page open for him. In a 12 team PPR he is still potentially a better option over the final 10 give or take. I am keeping him in my 10 keeper though, just not the 5 as stated above. 

Except you aren't taking into account the cost of acquisition. Koo can be had again next year in the 14th round. I can't get behind any strategy that has you holding a K from one year to the next.

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

Except you aren't taking into account the cost of acquisition. Koo can be had again next year in the 14th round. I can't get behind any strategy that has you holding a K from one year to the next.

Plus the Falcons could go through changes on offense and he will look like **** because for a lot of these kickers, opportunity is the key.

6 hours ago, TheDude4bides said:

I know, I know. Just having some fun. I own Koo and would love to own him again next year, but will not be keeping him myself. He is on a blistering pace, though.

I think it's hilarious to read all of your stuff like "The Dude". I don't even do it on purpose, just in my head that's all I can read it as. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Jason Sanders is doing the same. 

Falcons screwed up and could have kicked it on 4th and short.  Then would have needed only a FG to win. 

I've noticed teams shifting to shut him down in the 2nd half.  They need to scheme to get him more looks :P

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Matt Ryan has an uncanny ability to regularly drive his team into FG territory and get sacked on 3rd down.

True dat. I really wish I could troll my league and just keep him. I have Mahomes Kamara and Mclaurin though. I can't imagine anybody keeping him in a keeper league except to be a troll. Still, it's tempting, he is crushing it in the perfect situation for a kicker

Edited by zorndogs