Motown_Magic

Mike Davis 2020 Outlook

With CMac going down for a few weeks, Davis should be the next man up. 8 catches for 74 yards in relief for CMac after he went down, clearly has some receiving chops. 

He was a popular guy on these boards last year given the uncertainty in Chicago at the time. That obviously flopped.

Still only 27 without a ton of mileage. 

May have to be the #1 WW add, and I personally like his chances much better than anyone behind Saquon.. 

I'm not picking this guy up, I refuse to start him in place of Mccaffrey. It's just too ugly to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike Davis is a JAG. Don't believe what you saw on Sunday. Look at that JAG career of his for the true story. That production yesterday was phony.

• Like 1

Any CMC owners going to pick up this cat? How much FAAB to spend on him? Is it worth it if CMC only misses 2-3 weeks? So many questions!

Mike Davis has been cut from three teams with RBBCs with no special talent in front of him. The last of these teams decided to use a roster spot on Ryan Nall instead of Davis. 

🤢

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Mike Davis has been cut from three teams with RBBCs with no special talent in front of him. The last of these teams decided to use a roster spot on Ryan Nall instead of Davis. 

🤢

At this point, it's just about finding guys who are in line to receive volume.   Davis is.   If you have the depth to withstand losing someone like CMC, I get it - but I'll take anyone who is going to get PT this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dion Lewis and Gallman prevents me from using my #1 waiver priority on this guy. Dont think its worth it. The offense is putrid. RBBC

22 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Dion Lewis and Gallman prevents me from using my #1 waiver priority on this guy. Dont think its worth it. The offense is putrid. RBBC

I understand he does not walk in and become CMC or even get 75% of what CMC got however, tough to have a RBBC when the only viable guy is Davis. There is not much available out there via free agency that will come for a few weeks.  Even if Bonnafan comes in and spilts carries, Davis has a role as the passing back for the next month which on a team playing from behind is a nice role to have.

28 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The NYG offense is that much better?

Mike Davis looks like a far better pickup than Gallman or Lewis imo.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Freeman joining the Giants change your tune?

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

You could say the exact same thing about Lewis and Gallman. As of right now Davis has less competition for touches. 

Given the number of guys with roles in fantasy being injured right now its hard to turn my nose up at him no matter how much I think he's very average. 

4 hours ago, Jubanton said:

The NYG offense is that much better?

Mike Davis looks like a far better pickup than Gallman or Lewis imo.

i posted in the wrong thread. :(

Mike Davis is my #1 add of the week over ANY Giants RB and Mckinnon over there in SF

7 hours ago, Heisenburg23 said:

Don’t understand any league that has waiver priority instead of FAAB.

I like Waiver priority over FAAB. Real life football uses waivers if someone is released. FAAB takes more time, more research, more grind. I like a waiver priority that rotates as you use them and not by each week standings. If that makes sense. 

Id add Mike Davis, he looked pretty good, Rhule talked him up in training camp. I think he could be a long term play if the Panthers record is horrible. What is the point in bringing CMC back. Tank for Trevor Lawrence and sit CMC for the year. But CMC is the type of player that will want to return. We will see.

23 minutes ago, CaliBlazer said:

I like Waiver priority over FAAB. Real life football uses waivers if someone is released. FAAB takes more time, more research, more grind. I like a waiver priority that rotates as you use them and not by each week standings. If that makes sense. 

Id add Mike Davis, he looked pretty good, Rhule talked him up in training camp. I think he could be a long term play if the Panthers record is horrible. What is the point in bringing CMC back. Tank for Trevor Lawrence and sit CMC for the year. But CMC is the type of player that will want to return. We will see.

You like waiver priority over FAAB because FAAB takes “more time, more research, and more grind?” Legitimate question because I don’t understand...isn’t that what separates great fantasy managers from average fantasy managers?

I didn’t get to watch much of Davis but I’d be willing to take chance on him depending on my RB depth. However, I wouldn’t blow a ton of FAAB or a #1 waiver on him if I had decent RB depth. If I owned CMC then that might change my thoughts on that though.

• Like 3

Not alot of Buzz in this thread seeig he Should be the new belcow for a while.. thought their should be......

Is he worth #1 add???????

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Not alot of Buzz in this thread seeig he Should be the new belcow for a while.. thought their should be......

I’d say it’s him or McKinnon. With Coleman injured, I think you might get big numbers out of McKinnon but only for 2-3 weeks as opposed to 4-6 out of Davis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Yes worth the #1 waiver especially in ppr IMO, they will be down every game and he does well receiving.