Motown_Magic

Mike Davis 2020 Outlook

12 minutes ago, mjb said:

You traded who for CMC? Davis😂

That's what I thought at first, but I think he traded someone else for CMC to have both CAR RBs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let’s say he’s 50% as good as McCaffrey last year (based on year end totals/, that’s still good enough for backend rb1 numbers.  I think he’s an every week start for next 3 weeks.

• Like 1

I spent $70 faab out of $200. I'm a Barkley owner. My other backs are Akers, Dobbins, Gibson, Kelley, Gallman. Lewis went for a $100 and Frewman was picked up last week. Anyway, hoping Davis holds the fort down long enough so that my other RBs start to get more playing time. Hopefully he is worth the money because I'm 0-2.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

2018 Nfl Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

Mike Davis Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

in the top gif why does the lineman tapping Davis' back look likes he want to say to Davis: "hey man, stop dancing, you were an inch short on that".

• Haha 2

Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

in the top gif why does the lineman tapping Davis' back look likes he want to say to Davis: "hey man, stop dancing, you were an inch short on that".

Mike Davis Football GIF by NFL - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, mjb said:

You traded who for CMC? Davis😂

No haha. I'm just saying I went out and got him, which is part of the reason I used my top waiver.

It's kind of a weird format league with limited term keepers so I'm not sure it would really be a gauge of his value to say who I traded. I gave up a WR2, 2 RB2s and future assets. CMC is not eligible to be kept. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

are you guys flexing him or putting him in rb2?

RB2! This offense was literally built to throw to the running back. It's stitched into the Carolina fabric because of CMac. Davis will get passes period.

2 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Does anyone think that he might have some value even when CMC returns? Maybe if he does really well he might carve out some kind of role for himself.

Zero. He'll be a high-end handcuff at best. We will see how that stock looks this weekend. Don't even know if he will be a workhorse or a timeshare back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

Does anyone think that he might have some value even when CMC returns? Maybe if he does really well he might carve out some kind of role for himself.

None of course. But the other question is this, do they return him at all if they are 0-8 or 1-7 when he might be ready? I mean what would be the point, especially since he could take you out of the Trevor sweepstakes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, alexcuse said:

Let’s say he’s 50% as good as McCaffrey last year (based on year end totals/, that’s still good enough for backend rb1 numbers.  I think he’s an every week start for next 3 weeks.

5 hours ago, TennisDude said:

RB2! This offense was literally built to throw to the running back. It's stitched into the Carolina fabric because of CMac. Davis will get passes period.

I sure hope you guys are right. Seems like they need a lot of help and will be dumping the ball off a lot, but something just feels like it won't work out the way we think/hope it will.

• Thanks 1

Davis should receive the most touches, Samuel WR, will get his, and I wonder who the back up RB to Davis will be.  I'm guessing we should know soon, but it appears Trenton Cannon is next in line.

Samuel teased the idea of getting some reps in the backfield, which would be interesting and would cut into Davis's "dump off" value.

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Samuel teased the idea of getting some reps in the backfield, which would be interesting and would cut into Davis's "dump off" value.

so instead of Davis getting 10 catches, he gets 6. Roger that.

I unloaded my FAAB to get this guy...having lost 3 players (2 to season ending injuries).

Loved Mike Davis when he was on SEA. Great pass-catcher, underrated guy through the tackles.

Next 3-4 weeks, he could easily be a 14 PPR - 20 PPR points per game guy.

Any thoughts on Cannon's workload?  Davis will get his, Samuel will get touches, not sure how Cannon plays into this.

Big Shout out to this dude for a big week. He is CMC light and looked good out there. Enjoy the next 3-4 weeks of this, PPR beast. 

• Like 6

Still has some juice left. Carolina’s blocking is awful so glad he has a stable floor with the receiving game work

love guys who come in and deliver over their pay grade ... hey, when a genius like Nagy featured you, well ...

😁