Sign in to follow this  
mi26

Use #1 waiver ? WHIR

Are Mike Davis or freeman worth using #1 waiver on?

Other rb are joe mixon, fournette, James Robinson , Jonathan Taylor 

1 pt ppr

WHIR

Yes. If nothing else it blocks others. You could also have more RB for trade bait too.

Panthers suck. Who know if they rush CMC back even. Might take their sweet time.

Just now, Q Dog said:

Yes. If nothing else it blocks others. You could also have more RB for trade bait too.

Panthers suck. Who know if they rush CMC back even. Might take their sweet time.

Thanks  which one? Davis or freeman? 

Sorry Davis, thats why I alluded to CMC

Freeman was unemployed and sucked at ATL last year.

I would use the waiver for this yes (slight preference for Freeman over Davis for me, only because he is likely to have a role all season, while that is less certain for Davis).  Your stable of RBs is good, but Fournette makes me nervous, Mixon plays behind a bad o-line, and Robinson could get game-scripted out since JAX's D is so bad.  So an additional option that you can eventually count on for 15+ touches in the right matchup is always a good thing.

9 minutes ago, tusb said:

I would use the waiver for this yes (slight preference for Freeman over Davis for me, only because he is likely to have a role all season, while that is less certain for Davis).  Your stable of RBs is good, but Fournette makes me nervous, Mixon plays behind a bad o-line, and Robinson could get game-scripted out since JAX's D is so bad.  So an additional option that you can eventually count on for 15+ touches in the right matchup is always a good thing.

You like freeman more?

I do, only because CMC is out 4-6 weeks but Saquon is out for the year.  Gallman and Lewis won't be threats to Freeman getting touches.  It might take Freeman a week or two to get up to speed and be relevant, but once he is up to speed I think it's his backfield for the rest of the year.  

If you needed immediate help, like if you were 0-2 and had just lost Saquon, I might lean toward Davis for his short term upside.  But Robinson is a great play against Miami this week to go along with your obvious starts of Mixon and Taylor.  You don't need help this week - so plan ahead for someone who has a better chance of helping you in the playoffs or being trade bait.

Davis go after. Freeman sat out a long time and will be rusty 

Davis has the backfield. Freeman wants to be bell cow but I see gallman and Dion getting more snaps than anyone would with Davis. Let Davis have a big week due to volume and flip him for a long term solution. 

I lean Davis & you can always try to make a deal with team who has CMC. But getting Freeman, is also a solid pick up. Main concern is conditioning.