Nexrus

Podcast Suggestions?

Recommended Posts

Hey all,

 

Been listening to Fantasy Footballers and really enjoying it so far. Also listening to FantasyPros but not enjoying it as much. Was hoping to get some recommendations for some other podcasts that you guys enjoy listening to. I’ve searched the App Store but I mostly get the big ones (CBS, ESPN, etc.) Perhaps something that’s not as popular? 
 

All suggestions are appreciated.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh I tried a couple of podcast. Accuracy and knowledge aside, the Fantasy Footballers podcast is the best imo. Why? Because mainly they have the best sound quality in the business, no scratchy or blurry sounds here. Second thing is they know how to work as a group of three people. You most never hear that anyone from the three cuts the other one off or that two of them talking at the same time. Plus they show has a good and systematic structure which helps to not get lost too long at one topic.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy Footballers for sure.

I also like the FantasyPros Podcast, but that is often also dependent on the guests they have.

Depending on topic I also listen to the dynasty nerds podcast, but only for special episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chargahs said:

Not FantasyPros. They really suck. Mike Tagliere really needs to go to a different company.

 

Really? I personally think Dan Harris is doing some great work at FantasyPros. Really love the resources on their website too and quit a bit of them are free. 

Edited by jmcampbe11
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, fantasy pros have gotten alot better since they got rid of Bobby "I always get what I want" Sylvester. I still prefer The Fantasy Footballers for entertainment and production value. Mike Tagliere is awesome though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy Footballers is normally what I listen to if I'm going to listen to a podcast.

 

I still miss the Matthew Berry/Nate Ravitz days of Fantasy Focus. It's not a serious fantasy podcast anymore. During their matchup previews they don't even talk about all startable position players because it has so much fill and so many ads. I also can't stand Daniel Dopp.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beer Fueled Fantasy is pretty good, especially if you like beer. I feel like they've been pretty accurate the past few seasons, but can't confirm that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy Footballers is what I will listen to because they are actually quite entertaining.  I still make my own decisions but it is nice to hear additional opinions - just like Rotoworld Fantasy Football Forums.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Fantasy Footballers is what I will listen to because they are actually quite entertaining.  I still make my own decisions but it is nice to hear additional opinions - just like Rotoworld Fantasy Football Forums.  


Nailed it. This is exactly me, lol. 

And loke you said, TFF is actually entertaining whereas the other podcasts I’ve listened to like FantasyPros and Jake Ciely are like listening to paint dry. Yes, I said listening. Lol. Some good info but boring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


Nailed it. This is exactly me, lol. 

And loke you said, TFF is actually entertaining whereas the other podcasts I’ve listened to like FantasyPros and Jake Ciely are like listening to paint dry. Yes, I said listening. Lol. Some good info but boring. 

 

I have laughed out loud in my car a few times listening to TFF. Just looking at this from a quality and production standpoint - TFF is top notch.  Still, they have their flaws and biases, of course.  Remember the past two years with Kerryon Johnson?  oh man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

 

I have laughed out loud in my car a few times listening to TFF. Just looking at this from a quality and production standpoint - TFF is top notch.  Still, they have their flaws and biases, of course.  Remember the past two years with Kerryon Johnson?  oh man. 


Lol! Yeah I remember...but to your earlier point about making your own decisions, I’ve never owned Kerryon, lol. They’re great And have great info, but in the end, I make my own decisions. Sometimes, I wish I’d listened to them, though. Haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the Tagliere hate.
 

He does his homework and it shows. Very thorough breakdowns and he often doesn’t just talk defensive matchups but throws down a lot of stats on individual defensive players. Love the data deep-dives. FantasyPros is one of my favorites.

I listen to these podcasts for information not guys trying to be funny.

Playing fantasy football is the entertainment factor to me so when these things go too far in to yuks-n-stuff I don’t like it.

That said, I do like CBS and Adam Aizer is my favorite host. He is a perfect mix of picking topics, keeping it moving but does make it entertaining as well. I think the key is he just “has it.” He doesn’t try to be funny or entertaining, he just is. I don’t think CBS analysis is quite as good as FantasyPros but it’s solid.
 

Loved CBS’s  May 2019(?) podcast when there was absolutely no football news whatsoever so to settle a long running feud as to whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie, they bagged all football and invited the guy who wrote Die Hard on to debate it. In spring. 
 

Football Guys has my favorite injury updates with Dr Jene Bramel. Cecil and Bloom are great but they move to quickly through things a lot. I love Bloom’s On The Couch because you usually get a lot of deep dives and pick up stats or angles you probably wouldn’t consider anywhere else. 

The guy a don’t get at all is Chris Harris. I feel bad for him because I think he knows football and probably has some good insights but he doesn’t seem to understand why people listen to podcast. I’m listening for tips on guys who will help me win. Harris (the 4 or 5 times I listened to him) spends all his time telling you what will be on the show, why and then tells you about all the reasons he’s not excited about players. That is not helpful and it takes forever for him to get to the point.

Perfect example: he was on CBS a few days before 2020 opening night and Aizer asked “who are your favorite sleepers and what players are you targeting?” and Harris sighed and whined that he didn’t have any sleepers or players he was targeting. I don’t remember his reading but I laughed because I knew this was coming. It seems like he doesn’t like anyone. That said, I’ll give him some props for his assessment of D Hopkins targets: “when you’re a stud player, you’re going to get targets. Not concerned about a drop off in Hopkins targets” That was a great point and counter to what a lot of analysts were saying. Harris could be great if he had a better understanding of what his audience is listening for. 
 

FantasyPros, CBS and FootballGuys are the three for me but have been looking for more. Rotoworld seems okay the times I tried it but WTF with that opening theme music? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:


 

Football Guys has my favorite injury updates with Dr Jene Bramel. Cecil and Bloom are great but they move to quickly through things a lot.

 

I'm not paying much attention this season, but FootballGuys generally has had the best info/content for years.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only listen to three now:

FF Ballers

Roto Underworld

Christopher Harris podcast

All have different takes. FF Ballers are conservative-ish but do offer insight. Roto Underworld is extreme takes and entertaining but he's also very thoughtful. Chris Harris seems very thorough but also a bit short on his opinions- rules players out too quickly to produce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also have to rant on ESPN. 
 

Agree with whoever said they miss the Nate Ravis days. ESPN was actually pretty good back then especially with injury updates. 
 

Last I listened ESPN was the epitome of a terrible FF podcast. Shockingly so. 
 

They had one podcast before the draft where they spend literally the first 50% of the show doing really dumb morning zoo type stuff. Then when they gave their analysis it was puddle deep and seemed to me like they had done no homework whatsoever giving obvious hot take level analysis. 
 

They didn’t do another show until late July where, I sh*t you not, spent the first half of the show doing bad non-football “comedy” bits and then provided the EXACT same analysis on the exact same players from months before. I even went back and checked. 
 

It’s truly shocking to me that anyone would listen to an ESPN fantasy football podcast. Awful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I don’t get the Tagliere hate.
 

He does his homework and it shows. Very thorough breakdowns and he often doesn’t just talk defensive matchups but throws down a lot of stats on individual defensive players. Love the data deep-dives. FantasyPros is one of my favorites.

I listen to these podcasts for information not guys trying to be funny.

Playing fantasy football is the entertainment factor to me so when these things go too far in to yuks-n-stuff I don’t like it.

That said, I do like CBS and Adam Aizer is my favorite host. He is a perfect mix of picking topics, keeping it moving but does make it entertaining as well. I think the key is he just “has it.” He doesn’t try to be funny or entertaining, he just is. I don’t think CBS analysis is quite as good as FantasyPros but it’s solid.
 

Loved CBS’s  May 2019(?) podcast when there was absolutely no football news whatsoever so to settle a long running feud as to whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie, they bagged all football and invited the guy who wrote Die Hard on to debate it. In spring. 
 

Football Guys has my favorite injury updates with Dr Jene Bramel. Cecil and Bloom are great but they move to quickly through things a lot. I love Bloom’s On The Couch because you usually get a lot of deep dives and pick up stats or angles you probably wouldn’t consider anywhere else. 

The guy a don’t get at all is Chris Harris. I feel bad for him because I think he knows football and probably has some good insights but he doesn’t seem to understand why people listen to podcast. I’m listening for tips on guys who will help me win. Harris (the 4 or 5 times I listened to him) spends all his time telling you what will be on the show, why and then tells you about all the reasons he’s not excited about players. That is not helpful and it takes forever for him to get to the point.

Perfect example: he was on CBS a few days before 2020 opening night and Aizer asked “who are your favorite sleepers and what players are you targeting?” and Harris sighed and whined that he didn’t have any sleepers or players he was targeting. I don’t remember his reading but I laughed because I knew this was coming. It seems like he doesn’t like anyone. That said, I’ll give him some props for his assessment of D Hopkins targets: “when you’re a stud player, you’re going to get targets. Not concerned about a drop off in Hopkins targets” That was a great point and counter to what a lot of analysts were saying. Harris could be great if he had a better understanding of what his audience is listening for. 
 

FantasyPros, CBS and FootballGuys are the three for me but have been looking for more. Rotoworld seems okay the times I tried it but WTF with that opening theme music? 


I want great info and entertainment. Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


I want great info and entertainment. Lol. 


Sure, but mostly information. Some of these podcast spend too much time trying to be funny, off topic “comedy” tangents or try to force on air chemistry.
 

ESPN is an extreme example but that’s not even a FF show at this point. 
 

It’s not hard to be entertaining if you dig into the games, provide insightful analysis and just be yourself. Some of these guys who try to be funny or keep veering off on 5 minute off topic anecdotes about what they did that weekend and the like just don’t do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll mention one that nobody has mentioned yet, the Dynasty Nerd podcast. Of course, it's only about dynasty, but it's the only podcast i've seen that focuses 100% on that topic, and they have 'usually' pretty good opinions imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Fantasy Footballers is what I will listen to because they are actually quite entertaining.  I still make my own decisions but it is nice to hear additional opinions - just like Rotoworld Fantasy Football Forums.  

Same here. If you listen to too many opinions it’s overload. Between TFF & the comics in this forum, that’s plenty to keep me entertained 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been listening to segments from the FFballers, Fantasypros, and Harris for the past 3ish seasons and like that combination. FFBallers are super entertaining, have great presentation on youtube and their podcast has well defined segments you can skip to to get the quick hit opinions. Fantasypros I usually click on the little sound icon on their player rankings and it takes you to the most recent podcast segment on that player (super convenient). Tags is really thorough with his research and his weekly Primer on the website is great I think. Harris is a film junky and also has some great youtube breakdowns. He does have some somewhat outdated takes occasionally and believes in talent over situation to a fault at times, but he's a great contrasting POV.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.