Sign in to follow this  
shakestreet

9/27/2020 Niners vs Giants Game Day Thread

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

LOL at all the fantasy talking heads who said Jeff Wilson would be lead ball carrier and getting 50% of the work, goalline touches, etc.

I'm dropping and picking up an afternoon flier...

Fools. They all loved Hines after week 1too.

Wilson fans just lucked out.  RB screen.  NO ONE even touches him until the endzone.  Easy TD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Fools. They all loved Hines after week 1too.

well this didn't age well. nice reverse jinx though. 

• Haha 2

Another TD that should have been McKinnons this is a pathetic display. They run these stupid stretch plays for McKinnon that go no where but then Wilson comes and gets a dump off for a TD. I hate you Klye Shanahan.

3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Wilson fans just lucked out.  RB screen.  NO ONE even touches him until the endzone.  Easy TD.

Miracle!

1 minute ago, pdog109 said:

Another TD that should have been McKinnons this is a pathetic display. They run these stupid stretch plays for McKinnon that go no where but then Wilson comes and gets a dump off for a TD. I hate you Klye Shanahan.

Only the 2nd time I've seen WIlson this half.  I do agree that McKinnon needs a couple of those plays drawn up.

1 minute ago, pdog109 said:

He's got 77 total yards and a TD. You seem to be demanding a lot from a waiver wire scrub with a backup qb throwing to him you just picked up earlier this week. Were you expecting a set-it and forget-it RB1?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

Only the 2nd time I've seen WIlson this half.  I do agree that McKinnon needs a couple of those plays drawn up.

Doesn't change my mind.  He's not utilized much.  Still a drop for me.

Just now, yossarian said:

He's got 77 total yards and a TD. You seem to be demanding a lot from a waiver wire scrub with a backup qb throwing to him you just picked up earlier this week. Were you expecting a set-it and forget-it RB1?

You watching the game? McKinnon should have 3 TDs.

I haven’t watched a second of this game, but WTF is with the Giants? Has Jones been as bad as the stats show?

2 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

You watching the game? McKinnon should have 3 TDs.

No, he should have exactly what he has. He's a backup player playing in an offense where almost all of the top starters are injured, including his QB. He plays for a west coast team playing their second straight east coast game. he's playing on turf that's made of razor blades. he's getting close to 100 total yards and he already has a TD. He's not going to put up prime Jamal Charles points for you, regardless of what you think he should have. It doesn't make any sense to be pissed about his usage right now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

No, he should have exactly what he has. He's a backup player playing in an offense where almost all of the top starters are injured, including his QB. He plays for a west coast team playing their second straight east coast game. he's playing on turf that's made of razor blades. he's getting close to 100 total yards and he already has a TD. He's not going to put up prime Jamal Charles points for you, regardless of what you think he should have. It doesn't make any sense to be pissed about his usage right now. 

It doesn't make any sense to be pissed about me being pissed about McKinnon's usage.

Wilson gets a dump off he had to wave down Mullins to get.  Had a nice move.  Playing against a light box and getting some garbage time yards running.

Edited by Sternes

6 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I haven’t watched a second of this game, but WTF is with the Giants? Has Jones been as bad as the stats show?

Worse.

Just now, pdog109 said:

It doesn't make any sense to be pissed about me being pissed about McKinnon's usage.

I'm not pissed, you're just always so damn angry about these games. Even here, where you made the right move and it's paying off you're still angry because your waiver wire pickup hasn't scored 3 TDs. That seems unreasonable to me. 

Hasty in and getting some reps.  Assuming McKinnon is done for day as far as work.

3 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I'm not pissed, you're just always so damn angry about these games. Even here, where you made the right move and it's paying off you're still angry because your waiver wire pickup hasn't scored 3 TDs. That seems unreasonable to me. 

Not because he just didn't score 3 TDs but because he should have based on the game on watching.

First he gets a TD called back because of a penalty.

Then they run him on a stretch play that goes no where. Next play is a reverse to a WR that goes for a TD.

Next they run him on another stretch play that goes no where. Next play Wilson gets a dump off that he zips in.

Both of those should have been McKinnon TD plays.

Also, McKinnon gets neglected in the passing game but Wilson gets these easy dump offs.

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Hasty in and getting some reps.  Assuming McKinnon is done for day as far as work.

I would agree.

Wilson gets a garbage time TD.  Giants D is too exhausted and is done.  Easy running lanes now.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, CooL said:

Doesn't change my mind.  He's not utilized much.  Still a drop for me.

This didn't age well.  Good thing I hadn't dropped yet, was waiting to see if JMcK would get injured before the game ends.  Now I think I have to hold, lol.

Just now, CooL said:

This didn't age well.  Good thing I hadn't dropped yet, was waiting to see if JMcK would get injured before the game ends.  Now I think I have to hold, lol.

He didn't do anything with the game on the line. He was actually doing worse than McKinnon.  I saw him twice in the 3rd, and he finally got game action again in the 4th.  Barring an injury, I'm thinking McKinnon is still the guy. 

26 minutes ago, yossarian said:

well this didn't age well. nice reverse jinx though. 

Did I miss something? Did Wilson get lucky with the game already out of hand? 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

since you posted this he's had a couple TDs. 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

2 TD.