Sign in to follow this  
oresteszero

9/27/20 SNF: Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread

Cook injured - not sure what happened. I did see he was roughly thrown down onto the ground aka a tackle.

8 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Is MVS still a packer or was he cut or something 

His typical disappearing act, I cant stand him.

Jared Cook I'll be forever in your debt for getting the 3.10 points I needed to win; and will be rewarded with immediate waiver wire banishment

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Brees needs to retire 

Honestly to me it's kinda sad. For most fantasy players, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, etc were THE quarterbacks to be drafted. 

We will see a changing of the guard, of course, with Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Murray, etc. But it's safe the say the days of the pocket passer are starting to go the way of the dinosaurs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Jared Cook I'll be forever in your debt for getting the 3.10 points I needed to win; and will be rewarded with immediate waiver wire banishment

Same boat. I am up ~0.8points over my opponent now (with no other players), hoping for no stat corrections... 

Would like to see Cook come back into play.

Edited by Heizz

It's so unfortunate that Aaron Jones scores so many TDs. He'd probably be an RB1 if he just didn't score too many TDs. I mean, as we learned from every fantasy expert this offseason, scoring too many TDs is a big problem. Bummer.

Yes, I've made this joke before, and I'm going to continue to make it. All of you who believed Aaron Jones scoring too many TDs was a reason to downgrade him should be absolutely ashamed. 

Was that Marcedes Lewis or a Stonehenge monument?

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Honestly to me it's kinda sad. For most fantasy players, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger, etc were THE quarterbacks to be drafted. 

We will see a changing of the guard, of course, with Mahomes, Jackson, Allen, Murray, etc. But it's safe the say the days of the pocket passer are starting to go the way of the dinosaurs. 

Plenty of pocket passers like Wilson and Mahomes. You mean that the statues are going the way of the dinosaurs. With the speed of defenses you have to be somewhat mobile.

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Rushing QB was still a thing in the past like Vick, it's just that now these mobile QB can throw like a pocket passer on top of the rushing. Also what defenses can do against QB are much different than in the past, basically can't touch the qb anymore.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Plenty of pocket passers like Wilson and Mahomes. You mean that the statues are going the way of the dinosaurs. With the speed of defenses you have to be somewhat mobile.

To add to that; a ton of QBs have awful pocket awareness now.  They all think they can run, you see them take two steps to run and get cut down.  Then you have everyone being afraid to throw it away.  Sure Marino is a HoF, but he had great pocket awareness and you would see him throw stuff away because he knew he was in trouble with how much time had gone by.  Now they worry too much about completion percentage and will take a drive killing -7 sack rather than throw it away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Rushing QB was still a thing in the past like Vick, it's just that now these mobile QB can throw like a pocket passer on top of the rushing. Also what defenses can do against QB are much different than in the past, basically can't touch the qb anymore.

Out of pocket before was open season.  Now the QB who is just as fast as you or faster can choose to slide before you hit him, you have to pull up, or he might juke you and you went easy because don't want to hurt the QB.

back in the day....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

That's some good tackling by dem der Packerz

seriously--as somebody going against kamara--fuuuuuck that Packer "tackling". He might as well have been greased. ******** keystone cops out there. No wonder this defense is such a good "shootout defense".