Sign in to follow this  
2ndCitySox

2020 MLB Playoffs* Thread

Recommended Posts

Whew - where’s the antacid...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Sox came tantalizingly close to a ridiculous comeback down 5-0 in the 8th. 5-3 two outs, bases loaded for abreu. Hits a really hard grounder right to 2B. Over. 

Glad to see them find some life after Bassitt shut them down, especially against Liam Hendricks (49 pitches!), but damn. Tomorrow will be a bizarre pitching medley from both sides i think. Sox need to score early and often I think, if they want to keep this train going. 

 

(Canha with an absolute boss catch in the 3rd was a huge boost for A's)

If they empty out their bullpen, they win. Foster, Bummer, Crotchet, Marshall, Heuer, and Colome should be able to cover 9. Six fire arms out of one pen. Oakland can't match that, especially with Hendricks fried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woot!  Woot!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was that Trevor Bauer? Did you say we would talk after you won the series lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

What was that Trevor Bauer? Did you say we would talk after you won the series lol

 

Wasn't his fault they lost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have it on mute so maybe I missed something but why did they IBB Pinder ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fletch44 said:

I have it on mute so maybe I missed something but why did they IBB Pinder ?

So it would be the third batter and they could bring in another pitcher for the matchup. It didn't work, but that was the thinking. Pretty fascinating to watch the strategy play out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

So it would be the third batter and they could bring in another pitcher for the matchup. It didn't work, but that was the thinking. Pretty fascinating to watch the strategy play out.

Oh yeah, OK thanks. I forgot about the new minimum batters faced rule.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Oh yeah, OK thanks. I forgot about the new minimum batters faced rule.

 

One of Manfred's stupid ideas for sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you assume Gio and Kuechel aren't going to pitch..the White Sox are down to 4 pitchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

If you assume Gio and Kuechel aren't going to pitch..the White Sox are down to 4 pitchers.

At the rate they're using them today I expect they'll have used them 2/3 through the end of next inning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, sleepysock said:

If they empty out their bullpen, they win. Foster, Bummer, Crotchet, Marshall, Heuer, and Colome should be able to cover 9. Six fire arms out of one pen. Oakland can't match that, especially with Hendricks fried.

spacer.png

Edited by AnonymousRob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

At the rate they're using them today I expect they'll have used them 2/3 through the end of next inning.

I thought we'd see EE pitching 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

spacer.png

crotchet getting hurt after like 7 pitchers didn't help, but the pen was wild and hitters left way too many men on base. 

Congrats on the win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

crotchet getting hurt after like 7 pitchers didn't help, but the pen was wild and hitters left way too many men on base. 

Congrats on the win.

I'm just sorry they had to play each other this series instead of the next one. Always more fun to root for two quality teams deeper into the playoffs. Oakland's wagon is usually pretty empty, I hope you'll grab a seat for the F Houston series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm just sorry they had to play each other this series instead of the next one. Always more fun to root for two quality teams deeper into the playoffs. Oakland's wagon is usually pretty empty, I hope you'll grab a seat for the F Houston series!

Yeah i mean how could I, as an American, root for the Astros? 

 

My head hurts. Pulse was at 90+ all game, haha (barely kidding). 

Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

crotchet getting hurt after like 7 pitchers didn't help, but the pen was wild and hitters left way too many men on base. 

Congrats on the win.

This felt like a game the White Sox lost more than the A's won. Hate to see that. Abreu will probably win MVP but his season in the end is defined by not being able to convert this series with runners on base. How many guys did he leave on? Gotta be double digits. Had Chicago won yesterday it would have been the same kind of feeling since Oakland owned that game until Melvin decided to ride Hendricks like he was the only pitcher he had left.

I think both teams were set up well to beat the trashcans. Feeling an A's-Rays LCS matchup. That'll be fun, and will piss off Manfred to boot which is an extraordinary bonus.

Oh, and also Renteria. He's gotta be gone, right? Being really good at putting your players in a position to fail is kind of a big deal I would think.

Edited by sleepysock
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story with Brandon Woodruff... starts off dominant and loses it in the 5th inning.  I bet this guy has an Era under 2 in the first 4 innings and like 6 or more in the 5th or 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

The story with Brandon Woodruff... starts off dominant and loses it in the 5th inning.  I bet this guy has an Era under 2 in the first 4 innings and like 6 or more in the 5th or 6th.

Sounds like you are talking about post season Kershaw. But looked great tonight

Edited by FantasyGeek2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure someone has the actual numbers on this, but I feel like they would always want to start Kershaw on short rest to get him out there more - and he didn't respond well to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing the DH exists, or the Chicago/Oakland game 3 would have use over 20 pitchers instead of the 17 that it did...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sleepysock said:

This felt like a game the White Sox lost more than the A's won. Hate to see that. Abreu will probably win MVP but his season in the end is defined by not being able to convert this series with runners on base. How many guys did he leave on? Gotta be double digits. Had Chicago won yesterday it would have been the same kind of feeling since Oakland owned that game until Melvin decided to ride Hendricks like he was the only pitcher he had left.

I think both teams were set up well to beat the trashcans. Feeling an A's-Rays LCS matchup. That'll be fun, and will piss off Manfred to boot which is an extraordinary bonus.

Oh, and also Renteria. He's gotta be gone, right? Being really good at putting your players in a position to fail is kind of a big deal I would think.

No. The FO loves Ricky and the culture he has created. He's staying for now. He can learn and get better too. I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Howbout them marlins baby!

undefeated in the playoffs. Anti-Twins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.